Windows 10: Restore Windows 10

Discus and support Restore Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I was almost scammed yesterday by Techs clamming to be from Microsoft to resolve my laptop problem . My laptop was originally Windows 10 but now when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KENCHIN4, Sep 12, 2019 at 5:47 AM.

1. KENCHIN4 Win User

Restore Windows 10

I was almost scammed yesterday by Techs clamming to be from Microsoft to resolve my laptop problem . My laptop was originally Windows 10 but now when I wish to do a restored, it is showing as Windows 7 (Control Panel> System and Security> backup and Restore (Windows7) instead. Can anyone please help and advise.
    Thank you

:)

2. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Restore Windows 10 [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

4. Restore Windows 10

Windows XP PRO error after restore

System restore is handy when it works like it did for me 2 days ago saving the need to reinstall all of my software as well as windows, id suggest using norton Ghost 12 for an excellent system restore feature.

Thema:

Restore Windows 10

1. Restore Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Restore

2. Restore "Command Prompt Here" in folder context menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Restore "Command Prompt Here" in folder context menu: After the installation of the latest windows 10 update, I was very annoyed my "Command Prompt Here" has disappeared again from the right mouse button menu, after I took a lot of effort to restore it. Windows Powershell is not an option for me, as it wreaks havoc on...
  3. Got Virus -- can't troubleshoot, back-up, or restore.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Got Virus -- can't troubleshoot, back-up, or restore.: I fell prey to the scam when my Dell laptop started beeping and saying someone had hacked me. I called the number, and stupid me, I let him have access to my system. It was already acting screwy (About a month ago), and I remember telling him I had downloaded an Adobe Flash...
  4. Microsoft restores Optional Updates listing in Windows 10 version 20H1

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft restores Optional Updates listing in Windows 10 version 20H1: Microsoft plans to restore optional updates listings in the next major feature update of Windows 10 that the company plans to release in May 2020. The company removed the practical optional update listings that it provided in previous versions of its Windows operating system...
  5. Factory Restore

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Factory Restore: Im trying to factory restore my computer, it says there isnt enough memory. I've deleted everything that I can find to take off, how can i get past this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/factory-restore/7a475a11-8592-411c-b653-d8fa46dbc555
  6. How do I restore & cascade ALL minimized programs. Not one group at a time, all of them.

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I restore & cascade ALL minimized programs. Not one group at a time, all of them.: Hello. I would like to restore & cascade all instances of ALL minimized programs at the same time. Is there a way to do this? To be clear, I know how to restore one group at a time, but that's not what I want to do. I want to maximize & cascade everything that's open in...
  7. System Restore Protection

System Restore Protection: In Windows 10, what is the average amount of disk space that should be set aside to hang onto 4 or 5 Restore Points? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-restore-protection/06fec657-f94a-4afe-8846-ab29901ed117
  8. Windows 10 system image restore

Windows 10 system image restore: Saved an image of Windows 10 ssd along with data hard drive , attempted to restore using recovery CD, the data drive was copied but the system image restore failed with message 0x80070057 "The parameter is incorrect". I am using two new target drives . I have looked at about...
  9. Win10 Pro (1903 - Build 18362) System Restore behaviour

Win10 Pro (1903 - Build 18362) System Restore behaviour: I've noticed some strange behaviour with creating a System Restore Point in Windows 10, this may be an oddball way of doing things but it's worked for me for many years prior to upgrading to Windows 10 x64 (from Windows 7 x64). In short - I had a scheduled task that ran...
  10. "Downgrade" to "lower" Win10 version by System Restore possible?

"Downgrade" to "lower" Win10 version by System Restore possible?: Assume I created a SRP on a Win10 v1803 system. Later I was upgraded by automatic updates to Win10 v1903, Then after some problems in the following weeks I decided to do a System restore to the SRP I created in the past. Is this possible? Or are (in general) only SRP...