Windows 10: Restore Windows 8.1 laptop to Factory

Discus and support Restore Windows 8.1 laptop to Factory in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I have a DELL XPS 15 (9530) La[top that I am selling. I need to reset it to factory. I went through all the steps until it asked me for a Windows disk.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by N7AS, Aug 1, 2020.

1. N7AS Win User

Restore Windows 8.1 laptop to Factory

I have a DELL XPS 15 (9530) La[top that I am selling. I need to reset it to factory. I went through all the steps until it asked me for a Windows disk.
    This laptop does not have an optical drive. Is there a way around this? The person is coming tomorow 08/01/2020 to pick it up.

:)

N7AS, Aug 1, 2020
  2. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Aug 1, 2020
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Windows 10 to be Free Upgrade for Windows 8.1 and Windows 7 Users

Ok what happens if I install Windows 10 on my old Windows 7 laptop and after a year I need to do a factory restore?

P4-630, Aug 1, 2020
  4. Vya Domus Win User

Windows 7 vs 8.1 for SandyBridge i3 laptop

Something doesn't make sense to me , you want to chose between 7 or 8.1 but 10 is clearly a step up from 8.1. I'm curios what makes you want to consider 8.1 but not 10 ?

Vya Domus, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

1. Restore Windows 8.1 laptop to Factory - Similar Threads - Restore laptop Factory

2. factory restore

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    factory restore: If I factory restore my laptop, will I be able to reinstall windows 10 and microsoft 365? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/factory-restore/d8ba9d35-fd50-420b-83b3-510f650401ca
  3. Factory Restore Drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Factory Restore Drivers: Is there a way to restore just the drivers that came with the May update? I used a Driver Update program (Drive Booster 7) and ever since then my system has been glitchy. I rolled back the drivers installed by that software but it didn't help. I'd prefer not to lose all my...
  4. restore to factory

restore to factory: Is there a way to restore my notebook to factory condition without shutting it down to log in as admin. I have access denied and have tried deleting files and probably won’t reboot for me as it looks like I have ni info in any of my files. Someone else is using my...
  5. restore to factory setting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    restore to factory setting: I want to clean off all personal info and photos so I can give away https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-to-factory-setting/8a2f17d0-0d42-44ea-88b8-0c220f939493"
  6. Factory Restore

Factory Restore: Im trying to factory restore my computer, it says there isnt enough memory. I've deleted everything that I can find to take off, how can i get past this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/factory-restore/7a475a11-8592-411c-b653-d8fa46dbc555
  7. Factory restore

Factory restore: Hi I live in China and bought a Lenovo computer with Chinese settings. I purchased Windows 10 Pro for English Language settings. I now want to do factory reset which, I presume, will return it to Chinese mode. How do I reinstall Windows 10 Pro? Thank you. David...
  8. Restore to factory settings

Restore to factory settings: Hi I want to restore my pc to factory settings since I someone got signed in as a temporary user. I've tried many solutions to fix it but no luck. So my last option may only be to do factory reset. But here again...another problem. When I go into recovery I don't have the...
  9. restore I-Life laptop factory installed windows

restore I-Life laptop factory installed windows: Hey I have an I-Life zed air mini sar laptop. after I updated my windows laptop got problems and after I restarted it a blue screen appeared and I had to install a new windows. now I cant find any compatible windows with my laptop. now the system often hangs and shows...
  10. Restore laptop factory settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Restore laptop factory settings: restore factory settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/restore-laptop-factory-settings/3ce2106c-9dc8-4c6e-b2dc-d87236fffd06