Windows 10: Restore windows, but keep files - still have the folders, but the files are all gone!!!

Discus and support Restore windows, but keep files - still have the folders, but the files are all gone!!! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My computer was freezing after a recent windows 10 update. I used the "Reset this PC" tool and checked "Keep my files". My desktop has several files I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DarrellPaul1, Nov 27, 2019.

1. Restore windows, but keep files - still have the folders, but the files are all gone!!!

My computer was freezing after a recent windows 10 update. I used the "Reset this PC" tool and checked "Keep my files". My desktop has several files I regularly work with and access, many PDF files. They all have the little One cloud icon. After the computer was reset, the file folders are all there, but as I started to open them, they are all empty!!!!!!!!!!!! I have tried to restore One drive, which says it back up and saves them fro 30 days. Nothing.

I have a windows old folder now on my drive, but I can;t find any of the files in that area either.

Any other location I can search?

:)

DarrellPaul1, Nov 27, 2019
  2. ShogoXT Win User

My files and folders are gone.

Anyone know of recovery software that will not only recover tons of files, but also restore their paths? I dont like stuff i had organized for a reason splattered all over in the same folder and I have no clue what to do with them.

Thanks.

ShogoXT, Nov 27, 2019
  3. ShogoXT Win User
    My files and folders are gone.

Ok i was looking and it was in a very specific folder and a very specific letter range (a-r gone, s-z is fine). I dont get it....

EDIT: For something that big it would have avoided the Recycle bin for sure, but I would have noticed the vista file delete window. Or noticed the speed drop. I was playing wow beta most of the day, there was some stutter, but I assumed it was Crossfire along with wow's new shadows.

ShogoXT, Nov 27, 2019
  4. dark2099 Win User

Restore windows, but keep files - still have the folders, but the files are all gone!!!

Generating a .txt based file list in Windows 7

I want to be able to generate a .txt file that lists all the files and folders in a specific folder on my PC, but don't know the name of any programs that do that. Searched on google a bit and came up with this guide, but it's for XP and I can't seem to find some of the folder options to modify the .bat file. Any suggestions? Thanks

http://www.theeldergeek.com/file_list_generator.htm

EDIT: The .bat file will do what I want if it is in the folder I want to do it in, but the option I want to add is having the right click option that it shows.

dark2099, Nov 27, 2019
Thema:

Restore windows, but keep files - still have the folders, but the files are all gone!!!

1. Restore windows, but keep files - still have the folders, but the files are all gone!!! - Similar Threads - Restore keep files

2. all files in camera roll folder gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    all files in camera roll folder gone: Hello, recently I just found out that my camera roll folder has gone completely blank, and there are no files inside whatsoever, I have not transferred anything recently, I did not delete anything and for some reason, it's gone. I have managed to find a few of the photos on...
  3. all files in camera roll folder gone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    all files in camera roll folder gone: Hello, recently I just found out that my camera roll folder has gone completely blank, and there are no files inside whatsoever, I have not transferred anything recently, I did not delete anything and for some reason, it's gone. I have managed to find a few of the photos on...
  4. Files gone but folders and subfolders still here

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files gone but folders and subfolders still here: Hi,unfortunatelly i have saved quite a lot on my desktop. Today when I started my laptop, all of the older files were gone, but the folders were somehow still here, including subfolders. Newer files that I have worked on in the past few days are also still here. So is all the...
  5. Files gone but folders and subfolders still here

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files gone but folders and subfolders still here: Hi,unfortunatelly i have saved quite a lot on my desktop. Today when I started my laptop, all of the older files were gone, but the folders were somehow still here, including subfolders. Newer files that I have worked on in the past few days are also still here. So is all the...
  6. "neutron bomb": files all gone, but folders still present

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "neutron bomb": files all gone, but folders still present: I have a problem with 1 of the very large folders >1 GB with many sub-folders, sub-sub-folders, etc. ALL the files in the entire folder were gone, while ALL the sub-folders, sub-sub-folders were still present.Since I had a backup, I did not lose many files.However, it was...
  7. Folder and all files in it suddenly gone

Folder and all files in it suddenly gone: I work on cover art and recently made a folder, in the middle of working on one i went to save my current cover but the folder was gone. Every file and trace is gone and i cant open anything. Anybody know anything about this?...
  8. All the files and folders on my laptop have gone??!!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    All the files and folders on my laptop have gone??!!: So earlier this week my laptop decided it would create me a temporary account when I logged on. I thought I had resolved this by following a tutorial which directed me to go into the command, identify my sin number and then go through redigit to correct the path and delete...
  9. Files Folders have gone

Files Folders have gone: 3 years of photographs have disappeared as well as everything in my download file https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/files-folders-have-gone/67eb2de2-4c25-4f29-b668-d5269e20b08a"
  10. All files and folders on desktop suddenly gone.

All files and folders on desktop suddenly gone.: I was playing Hearthstone on my laptop and then I exited the game and after I wanted to exit the Battle.net app. When I right click > exit on the app in the icon tray suddenly all of my icons, files and folders on my desktop completely disappeared. The only icons still...