Windows 10: Restore windows from a bios installation in a uefi installation

Discus and support Restore windows from a bios installation in a uefi installation in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I have an MSI Laptop with windows 10 installed in dual boot with ubuntu. I want to switch to UEFI can I make a system backup image on an external... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by NosbaXBox, Jul 6, 2019.

1. NosbaXBox Win User

Restore windows from a bios installation in a uefi installation

Hi,

I have an MSI Laptop with windows 10 installed in dual boot with ubuntu. I want to switch to UEFI can I make a system backup image on an external hdd and install this in UEFI mode?

:)

NosbaXBox, Jul 6, 2019

2. Trouble installing windows 7 on RAID in UEFI

As the title says, I'm trying to install Windows on a RAID array in uefi on my Maximus V Formula. When using legacy ROM I can install just fine but I go into CSM and change settings to UEFI only, I can build the array in the UEFI Raid driver (IRST tab in "BIOS") but the array does not show up in the boot menu and when I try to install windows (boot from UEFI DVD drive), The drive does not show up in the Windows install. The next thing I tried was to enable UEFI and legacy oprom in CSM, boot from UEFI DVD drive and install to the RAID array (probably detected by legacy oprom) and it will install. After first reboot, Windows Boot manager will show up as an option in the BIOS boot menu so I set that as first boot device and reboot. I will get to the starting windows screen and then BSOD (too quick to get codes) The last thing I tried was Changing to legacy mode and installing windows to a different drive. once installed, I initialized the Raid array as GPT and rebooted, changed csm back to UEFI only but they RAID array still doesn't show in the boot device list so I repeated the earlier process hoping that It might work because I had initialized as GPT but it still BSODs on starting windows screen. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

mystiksinner, Jul 6, 2019
  3. FX-GMC Win User
    Trouble installing windows 7 on RAID in UEFI

I think you were on track with your first try. Windows installer probably needs the RAID driver in order to detect it on install.

Restore windows from a bios installation in a uefi installation [​IMG]

FX-GMC, Jul 6, 2019
  4. Restore windows from a bios installation in a uefi installation

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jul 6, 2019
Thema:

Restore windows from a bios installation in a uefi installation

1. Restore windows from a bios installation in a uefi installation - Similar Threads - Restore bios installation

2. Convert an existing Windows 10 Installation from Legacy BIOS to UEFI

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Convert an existing Windows 10 Installation from Legacy BIOS to UEFI: Convert an existing Windows 10 Installation from Legacy BIOS to UEFI without using 3rd party software. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/convert-an-existing-windows-10-installation-from/d58e3a80-2d7b-46d5-af56-1fc7958ac53c
  3. Convert an existing Windows 10 Installation from Legacy BIOS to UEFI

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Convert an existing Windows 10 Installation from Legacy BIOS to UEFI: Convert an existing Windows 10 Installation from Legacy BIOS to UEFI without using 3rd party software. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/convert-an-existing-windows-10-installation-from/d58e3a80-2d7b-46d5-af56-1fc7958ac53c
  4. Bios/UEFI virus survives clean install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bios/UEFI virus survives clean install: I have a Lenovo Ideapad 3 with AMD Ryzen 5, it's only one year and 3 days old. In April, Lenovo released a security advisory stating that their devices had 3 bios or UEFI related vulnerabilities, that allowed a virus to rewrite the SPI and deactivate the UEFI among other...
  5. Bios/UEFI virus survives clean install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bios/UEFI virus survives clean install: I have a Lenovo Ideapad 3 with AMD Ryzen 5, it's only one year and 3 days old. In April, Lenovo released a security advisory stating that their devices had 3 bios or UEFI related vulnerabilities, that allowed a virus to rewrite the SPI and deactivate the UEFI among other...
  6. Bios/UEFI virus survives clean install

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Changing from LEGACY BIOS to UEFI BIOS

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Changing from LEGACY BIOS to UEFI BIOS: Hello,First time posting here. I want to change from LEGACY to UEFI, I'm thinking:Will the computer be able to boot?I use it regularly, and I hope it works after this changover!I am not a computer geek. But I do know how to get into BIOS.Thanks...
  8. Installing Windows from Asus Uefi Bios Uility

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Installing Windows from Asus Uefi Bios Uility: I tried to reinstall the windows because of used memory and I didnt installed it from the ISO file or Media Creatin Tool. I reinstalled it from the settings. After cleaning the disk i turned on my pc and the "Your device ran into a problem" appeared. I entered Bios menu and...
  9. UEFI BIOS settings to prepare for Windows 10 Installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    UEFI BIOS settings to prepare for Windows 10 Installation: Is it advisable to set the UEFI BIOS (Asus ROG Hero Maximus VI motherboard) to a factory default settings before installing Windows 10? Or should I at least set the memory "XMP" profile? Thanks! 20324
  10. Windows 10 installation from DVD in UEFI BIOS mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 installation from DVD in UEFI BIOS mode: Hello, I bought new laptop (HP 250 G5) few days ago and it came without system on it so I tried to install Windows 10 from bootable DVD. I have both UEFI and Legacy modes enabled in BIOS. When I try to boot from my Interna CD/DVD ROM Drive i just get some yellow screen...