Windows 10: Restore Windows From Data Backup?

Discus and support Restore Windows From Data Backup? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So I managed to break my partition table, but I was able to recover my entire C: drive and copy every file and folder to an external drive. My question... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MicroGodrad, Oct 21, 2015.

1. Restore Windows From Data Backup?

So I managed to break my partition table, but I was able to recover my entire C: drive and copy every file and folder to an external drive. My question now becomes, is there anyway to, when I reinstall Windows, to restore from that backup (since it's just a data backup of files and folders, not a system image)? Would booting into linux (so that partition isn't in use by Windows) and simply copy-past-overwriting the old files effectively give me my system back?

:)

MicroGodrad, Oct 21, 2015
  2. Silvia S' Win User

restoring data from skydrive

Hello chetandagar,

Thanks for your collaboration on the forum.

I understand you are trying to set your old account on the new phone but you are getting a password error.

Please, hard reset the phone (Phone>> Settings>> About>> Hard reset) and try to set the account again. Make sure the phone is connected either to wifi or data connection.

This must resolve your issue. We appreciate your feedback.

Regards,

Silvia S', Oct 21, 2015
  3. eng60340 Win User
    restore data from backup.arc

i recently backup to my mem card.

after upgrade.

i found to my horror that i can't restore the data.

--

the data is in backup.arc

you can download a parser to expand the content.

http://www.x-ren.com/parsebackup.html

so far i am able to retrieve my docs and xls files.

does anyone know how to retrieve contacts,todo list, calendar and sms from the parser ?

(i think i just need the files name and the directory where they are located...)

eng60340, Oct 21, 2015
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Restore Windows From Data Backup?

If you were able to recover the entire C: drive and copy all the files from it - why weren't you able to just boot back to it?

Copying the files back might restore it - but if the C: drive is still intact it would be much easier/greater chance of success to create a Macrium Reflect Free rescue disc, boot the computer from that, and either attempt to fix the boot files with the utility to fix startup errors - or to actually image the C: drive to the external drive (the image will save as one file). Then after you re-install Windows, go back and restore the image using Macrium Reflect Free.

NavyLCDR, Oct 21, 2015
  5. Pretty sure I wasn't able to just boot back to it since the bootmanager was corrupted along with the partition table.
    But that actually worked perfectly, thanks for your help!

MicroGodrad, Oct 22, 2015
  6. spapakons Win User
    Yes, if you backup and restore everything, all you need is to repair startup to make it bootable. Then probably you have to reactivate Windows and that's it.

spapakons, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Restore Windows From Data Backup?

1. Restore Windows From Data Backup? - Similar Threads - Restore Data Backup

2. Restore From Windows Backup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restore From Windows Backup: Greetings,A new app appeared on my programs list Recently Added section called Windows Backup.I have run a backup. Now, how do I restore a file from OneDrive?Also, I can't find any documentation for Windows Backup. If anyone knows of help articles, it would be...
  3. Restore From Windows Backup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restore From Windows Backup: Greetings,A new app appeared on my programs list Recently Added section called Windows Backup.I have run a backup. Now, how do I restore a file from OneDrive?Also, I can't find any documentation for Windows Backup. If anyone knows of help articles, it would be...
  4. Restore From Windows Backup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Restoring from a windows backup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restoring from a windows backup: I have one question, I didn't make so many backups alongside the years so I don't know exactly how that backup works and I want to know if I make a full backup of drive C plus a windows image copy and reinstall windows and try to restore from that backup it will give me all...
  6. Restoring from a windows backup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restoring from a windows backup: I have one question, I didn't make so many backups alongside the years so I don't know exactly how that backup works and I want to know if I make a full backup of drive C plus a windows image copy and reinstall windows and try to restore from that backup it will give me all...
  7. Restoring from a windows backup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Restore backup data error 0x8100001A

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Restore backup data error 0x8100001A: My computer was attacked by Malware. I took a backup of the data and reset my PC the OS. I ran a scan of my external hard drive which contains my backup and some threats were detected and removed. Now I'm trying to restore the data through Control Panel> System and Security >...
  9. Restore backup data

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Restore backup data: My computer was attacked by Malware. I took a backup of the data and reset my PC the OS. I ran a scan of my external hard drive which contains my backup and some threats were detected and removed. Now I'm trying to restore the data through Control Panel> System and Security >...
  10. restore/backup data from failing HD

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    restore/backup data from failing HD: Hello. Yesterday I noticed a severe and sudden slow-down of my PC. Task manager showed one of the HDs being at 100% usage. SMART showed no errors (yet), so I ran chkdisk over night. Took ages so I bought a new disk to copy my files over. To get around the 100% usage, I did...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. restore data from windows backup