Windows 10: Restore Windows Function Keys

Discus and support Restore Windows Function Keys in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am very unhappy that Alt+F4 doesn't close the active program or that Ctrl+Home doesn't take me to the top of the document. F4 should repeat the last... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Grandpa Jim, Aug 18, 2019.

1. Restore Windows Function Keys

I am very unhappy that Alt+F4 doesn't close the active program or that Ctrl+Home doesn't take me to the top of the document. F4 should repeat the last edit, F9 offer to update a TOC, etc.

Is there a way that a non-expert can make those Windows and Word keys work the way they have since at least 1995?

:)

Grandpa Jim, Aug 18, 2019

2. alt-key functionality

Hi Steven,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps:

• Single Click on the file.
    • Tap F2 ( Function Key).
    • Then type the name and enter.
    Hope this answers your query and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Aug 18, 2019
  3. Windows XP PRO error after restore

System restore is handy when it works like it did for me 2 days ago saving the need to reinstall all of my software as well as windows, id suggest using norton Ghost 12 for an excellent system restore feature.

jocksteeluk, Aug 18, 2019
  4. topgundcp Win User

Restore Windows Function Keys

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Restore Windows Function Keys [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Aug 18, 2019
Thema:

Restore Windows Function Keys

1. Restore Windows Function Keys - Similar Threads - Restore Function Keys

2. What F key restores the mouse functions?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What F key restores the mouse functions?: What F key restores mouse functions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-f-key-restores-the-mouse-functions/a4209597-5956-414d-a73b-92b30cb2a202
  3. What F key restores the mouse functions?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What F key restores the mouse functions?: What F key restores mouse functions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-f-key-restores-the-mouse-functions/a4209597-5956-414d-a73b-92b30cb2a202
  4. How to restore my "Windows key + R" function?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to restore my "Windows key + R" function?: Hello all,I wanted to play games without the taskbar appear every time I used my mouse, so I looked it up online and I got several responses. One of the methods was using "Windows key + R" and typing "cmp" or "cmb" I forgot which it was but I did that and a textbox of a black...
  5. How to restore my "Windows key + R" function?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to restore my "Windows key + R" function?: Hello all,I wanted to play games without the taskbar appear every time I used my mouse, so I looked it up online and I got several responses. One of the methods was using "Windows key + R" and typing "cmp" or "cmb" I forgot which it was but I did that and a textbox of a black...
  6. Function Keys

in Windows 10 Customization
    Function Keys: Hi, how do I make a certain Fn key disabled and reprogram it for another use? thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/function-keys/7966f3a3-0163-4e51-83b7-203ac4f42301
  7. Slow restore function

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Slow restore function: I started a restore function 5 hours ago. I'm still getting the wheels spinning saying System Restore is "restoring the registry" Can I stop this or speed it up ? & How?...
  8. Function Keys

in Windows 10 Customization
    Function Keys: I accidently pressed a function key with another key (don't know which for sure) and now ALL my text (letters) are in miniature. Since I don't which keys caused this, I don't know which ones will reverse the situation....
  9. window key function

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    window key function: I don't know how tu enable function key pleswe suggest me a witth asutable aidea https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-key-function/d9ea9031-3e69-4707-b196-78c2ddc2d5b6
  10. System Restore is not functioning

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Restore is not functioning: I open the System Properties window, select System Protection tab. My drive never comes up and all the option boxes are grayed out. Can anyone help? [img] 63095

Users found this page by searching for:

1. restore function keys in windows 10

2. restore windows function leys windows 10