Windows 10: Restore Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 10

Discus and support Restore Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; You're welcome. *Smile Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by heyyahblah, Aug 9, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Restore Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 10

You're welcome. *Smile

Brink, Aug 12, 2015
  2. soufake11 Win User

Thankss, only missed .ico image...

soufake11, Aug 12, 2015
  3. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome soufake, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

There's not any default registry entries for .ico, but you can easily set Windows Photo Viewer to be the default program for .ico files though.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5...dows-10-a.html

Brink, Aug 12, 2015
  4. Option Win User

Thank you!!! Been looking for this since i installed Windows 10!!

Option, Aug 13, 2015
  5. This came in timely! Shawn I have a good collection of 10 screens as well as other jpeg files to go over at times and the default Photos wasn't making the trip! *Smile I don't think Photo Viewer works out on the mobile platform being the likely explanation for why it was removed to begin with.

Night Hawk, Aug 14, 2015
  6. painter63 Win User
    I've restored windows photo viewer, but when I put a smart card from my camera in the reader slot, the import menu I'm used to does not open, instead the new w-10 Photo continues to open. And while I might have been willing to try to learn how to use it, it fails to import new pictures from the smart card. It just endlessly searches for new photos. Any suggestions? And I'm glad to find you because I can't find a tutorial for the new Photo anywhere.

painter63, Aug 14, 2015
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Aug 14, 2015
  8. Restore Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 10

One thing to try is create a temp folder to upload photos into first. Once you have them copied and pasted from the card they will become just like any other photo or image file already on the drive since the Photo is geared to detect the onboard memory as well as SD Cards and other memory cards used by hand helds while Photo Viewer isn't. That's why that will come up on you.

Night Hawk, Aug 14, 2015
  9. painter63 Win User
    Auto play is on, but the options for camera storage/memory card do not include Photo Impression Photo Viewer. Ah, I just realized that the program I restored from you here was Windows Photo Viewer, not Photo Impression. Holy cow. ok, I just figured out how to choose to open the camera memory card file to view, and how to save the file to my pictures. But really, all I need is a simple way to do this. Is there not a Windows 10 official tutorial for how Photo works??? There doesn't even seem to be a Help feature on it. Thank you for getting me on a path, crooked, but a path. *Smile

painter63, Aug 14, 2015
  10. painter63 Win User
    Thanks Night Hawk. I guess what you suggest is what I did. Appreciate your help.

painter63, Aug 14, 2015
  11. Brink
    Brink New Member
    The link from Microsoft below can help show you more about Windows Photo Viewer. It's for Windows 7, but it's the same in Windows 10 as well. *Smile

View and use your pictures in Windows Photo Viewer

Brink, Aug 14, 2015
  12. Speaking of what was seen in the previous version reminds me of what we have to do in 7 when Windows Mail was no longer and the Side bar Vista brought in with it wasn't active in 7 yet could still be enabled. In 7 of course the gadgets could be placed on the desktop something Vista lacked there in contrast.

But with Edge seen as the new default browser digging into the Program Files and on the 64bit 10 the Program Files(x86) folders will allow you to pin both the 32bit and 64bit versions of IE onto the task bar and Start once you select the exe file itself. You can also import all the bookmarks into IE from other browsers first to see them then added to Edge until that progresses along.

It's still a big relief however seeing Photo Viewer being brought back to life since when going to click to view one image file, photo, or screen capture, snipping you may end up seeing multiple Photo windows pop up for one file while the Windows Photo Viewer had to be intentionally brought up multiple times by clicking multiple files in a row.

Night Hawk, Aug 14, 2015
  13. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hey @Joanne,

Here's the tutorial for clearing Event Viewer logs. *Smile

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1...s-windows.html

Brink, Aug 14, 2015
  14. Here are the registry entries that set the Photo Viewer file associations for other image file types.

I didn't bother creating new PhotoViewer.FileAssoc.imageType for each file type, they all would contain the same information, so I just pointed to the existing PhotoViewer.FileAssoc.Tiff entry.

After merging the entries into the registry, you can use Set default applications to those filetypes to Windows Photo Viewer.

Code: Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Photo Viewer] [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Photo Viewer\Capabilities] "ApplicationDescription"="@%ProgramFiles%\\Windows Photo Viewer\\photoviewer.dll,-3069" "ApplicationName"="@%ProgramFiles%\\Windows Photo Viewer\\photoviewer.dll,-3009" [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Photo Viewer\Capabilities\FileAssociations] ".tif"="PhotoViewer.FileAssoc.Tiff" ".tiff"="PhotoViewer.FileAssoc.Tiff" ".bmp"="PhotoViewer.FileAssoc.Tiff" ".dib"="PhotoViewer.FileAssoc.Tiff" ".gif"="PhotoViewer.FileAssoc.Tiff" ".jfif"="PhotoViewer.FileAssoc.Tiff" ".jpe"="PhotoViewer.FileAssoc.Tiff" ".jpeg"="PhotoViewer.FileAssoc.Tiff" ".jpg"="PhotoViewer.FileAssoc.Tiff" ".jxr"="PhotoViewer.FileAssoc.Tiff" ".png"="PhotoViewer.FileAssoc.Tiff"[/quote]

Slartybart, Aug 17, 2015
  15. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Aug 17, 2015
Thema:

1. Restore Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Restore Photo Viewer

2. How to restore the Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    How to restore the Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 11: Windows 11 brings a slew of new features, some of which have not been well received among users. If you look at the previous iteration, it also had some unwelcome changes such as the Photos app, which replaced the Windows Photo Viewer. [ATTACH] The Photos App isn't bad at...
  3. Restore Windows Photo Viewer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restore Windows Photo Viewer: If you loved Microsoft Photo viewer but they're forcing you to use Photos App you can bring it back with this FREE program. https://download.cnet.com/Restore-Windows-Photo-Viewer/3000-18488_4-77362441.html...
  4. How do you restore windows photo viewer in windows 10?

How do you restore windows photo viewer in windows 10?: I have tried everything to restore windows photo viewer as my default app in windows 10. Nothing seems to work. I cannot find an icon of the program to right click on and activate. Frustrating. Thanks in advance for your help....
  5. Restore Windows Photo Viewer not working anymore

Restore Windows Photo Viewer not working anymore: So I just got a new Alienware Area-51m laptop which came preinstalled with the latest build of Windows 1809, I did the latest Windows update then started applying my tweaks, however, when I applied the restore Windows Photo Viewer for All Users tweak, I still couldn't find...
  6. Restore Windows Photo Viewer not working anymore

in Windows 10 Support
    Restore Windows Photo Viewer not working anymore: So I just got a new Alienware Area-51m laptop which came preinstalled with the latest build of Windows 1809, I did the latest Windows update then started applying my tweaks, however, when I applied the restore Windows Photo Viewer for All Users tweak, I still couldn't find...
  7. Windows 10 photo viewer

Windows 10 photo viewer: when I try to enlarge a picture in the photo viewer, they window turns transparent. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-photo-viewer/376a2bf0-7c7f-416e-8ab6-125b0e7e44a9
  8. Windows 10 Photo Viewer

Windows 10 Photo Viewer: I'm looking for a Photo Viewer for Windows 10 Home 64-bit that's as close as possible to that found on Windows 7. I've tried Microsoft Photos on the Windows Store but once I zoom in or make an image I'm viewing full screen, the other options at the top of the screen disappear...
  9. Windows 10 photo viewer

Windows 10 photo viewer: How to show oldest photos first in windows 10 photo viewer Can someone please help me out here on the above.I decided to have a go with the W10 photo app,But failed on how to arrange the viewing I would like to have the windows to show oldest first.Or is it set to show...
  10. Windows Photo Viewer manual restoration

Windows Photo Viewer manual restoration: I found Brink's tutorial here: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1...dows-10-a.html But I wanted to know if I can try and manually restore it? If I want to add the registry key myself, how can I do that? Thanks! 39099

Users found this page by searching for:

1. AREA 51M netio.sys windows 10