Windows 10: Restore Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 10

Discus and support Restore Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; The way it worked is that you start a slide show, a new pic every 15 seconds or so. When the time was up for a particular view it would either zoom in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by heyyahblah, Aug 9, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Restore Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 10

Nar, it doesn't do that for the slide show anymore. When you right click on the slide show while it's playing, you have the options below.

If you don't use Loop, the slide show will just stop on the last image waiting for you to exit the slide show.

Restore Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 10 [​IMG]

Brink, Aug 18, 2015

2. Nothing like doing the "dixie shuffle"! *Biggrin I know when going to use a screen capture app and then the snipping tool the other app will do a dance for you as far as zooming in and out when simply going to move the cursor over it.

The main reason I prefer the older Photo Viewer over the new Photos is simple. When you want to scroll through a folder full of images or photos you won't see separate windows popping up but find the forward and back buttons as well as the zoom in and out slider bar and delete button.

That will help when you need a close up of something like a particular system setting from a list of them. It can help somewhat with photos at times until either the image, picture, or photo becomes too grainy to view with any detail.

Night Hawk, Aug 19, 2015
  3. astrix Win User
    Thanks for this but I reverted back to the Windows 10 Photos app as it can display images in full screen independently on any screen, the Windows Photo viewer can only show full screen on the main screen.

My only gripe with the Windows 10 Photos App is on my 1080p monitor when viewed in full screen (F5) the image shows some anti aliasing, zooming in once fixes this.

I don't have this problem on my main 1440p monitor when in full screen mode the image size for both was 6000x3000px.

I like the fact I can set a slideshow at full screen on any monitor or both so I'll stick with the default.

I did preferred Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 8..1 but in Windows 10 on a multi display setup I thinks the app is better.

astrix, Aug 29, 2015
  4. Restore Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 10

I just clicked the play button on the original Photo viewer while the window was maximized and then suddenly filled up both display screens here for the slide presentation option. By default however the image being displayed will go to the primary monitor even while having the window open on the secondary.

Night Hawk, Aug 29, 2015
  5. thanks for help, It's really work *Smile

phamthanhnhan, Aug 29, 2015
  6. I never knew this is actually the default when buying a preinstalled Win 10 device or if you clean install. An in-place upgrade actually has the windows photo viewer restored already.

theveterans, Sep 7, 2015
  7. That's because MS wants everyone who buys 10 outright and then performs the clean install to see the new type of photo viewing option. It's similar in a way to how an upgrade from Vista to 7 might see the sidebar and Windows Mail(replacing Outlook Express seen in XP) carried onto the newer version while 10 of course is progression in line from 8.1. You could still see the sidebar enabled on a clean install of 7 since that remained intact for the next newer version in line there.

In fact there's a 3rd party app called Gadgets Revived that came out for 8, 8.1 that works for 10 as well except the need to download the updated System Monitor II once this one goes on. Since I have a second system I access remotely I use that for testing anything new to avoid polluting the main system here! *Biggrin Here's a fast look at how that came out without the sidebar just gadgets only as seen with 7 without the side bar no longer required there.

Night Hawk, Sep 7, 2015
  8. astrix Win User

I use Rainmeter no need to change anything or worry about stuff being updated.

astrix, Sep 8, 2015
  9. I don't worry either since I have been running without any gadgets now since 7 was in beta! That was the last time I saw any used back then. And these apparently are still mostly the originals being downloaded as part of the installation which brought them back for 8 and 8.1 as well as for 10.

Night Hawk, Sep 8, 2015
  10. this is such a necessity. that photo viewer in windows 10 man........

but does anyone elses photo viewer open a bit slower over time? like if i revert back to the photo app as being my default app for images, then reset back to using the photo viewer this seems to fix it.....but then overtime, it for some reason seems to take a couple 3 seconds to launch the photo viewer when clicking on a file to open it

techfreshguy, Sep 11, 2015
  11. Brink
    Brink New Member
    I haven't noticed that yet.

Brink, Sep 11, 2015
  12. Here seeing the original Photo Viewer restored was a very favorable turn of events! It operates on 10 just like it did on 7. You click on any image file or photo and it comes right up!

Night Hawk, Sep 11, 2015
  13. ksdixon Win User

Heres a problem I have. When going to sideshow inside win photo viewer, it only shows a super zoomed in top left of the image. This seems to be a win10 issue, and my display setting is set to the recommended one.

ksdixon, Sep 11, 2015
  14. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello ksdixon,

I haven't seen that in my Windows Photo Viewer. *Huh

Brink, Sep 11, 2015
  15. elbeasto Win User
    Thanks for this Brink - sick of having these touch apps on my desktop.

elbeasto, Sep 11, 2015
Thema:

1. Restore Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Restore Photo Viewer

2. How to restore the Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    How to restore the Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 11: Windows 11 brings a slew of new features, some of which have not been well received among users. If you look at the previous iteration, it also had some unwelcome changes such as the Photos app, which replaced the Windows Photo Viewer. [ATTACH] The Photos App isn't bad at...
  3. Restore Windows Photo Viewer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restore Windows Photo Viewer: If you loved Microsoft Photo viewer but they're forcing you to use Photos App you can bring it back with this FREE program. https://download.cnet.com/Restore-Windows-Photo-Viewer/3000-18488_4-77362441.html...
  4. How do you restore windows photo viewer in windows 10?

How do you restore windows photo viewer in windows 10?: I have tried everything to restore windows photo viewer as my default app in windows 10. Nothing seems to work. I cannot find an icon of the program to right click on and activate. Frustrating. Thanks in advance for your help....
  5. Restore Windows Photo Viewer not working anymore

Restore Windows Photo Viewer not working anymore: So I just got a new Alienware Area-51m laptop which came preinstalled with the latest build of Windows 1809, I did the latest Windows update then started applying my tweaks, however, when I applied the restore Windows Photo Viewer for All Users tweak, I still couldn't find...
  6. Restore Windows Photo Viewer not working anymore

in Windows 10 Support
    Restore Windows Photo Viewer not working anymore: So I just got a new Alienware Area-51m laptop which came preinstalled with the latest build of Windows 1809, I did the latest Windows update then started applying my tweaks, however, when I applied the restore Windows Photo Viewer for All Users tweak, I still couldn't find...
  7. Windows 10 photo viewer

Windows 10 photo viewer: when I try to enlarge a picture in the photo viewer, they window turns transparent. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-photo-viewer/376a2bf0-7c7f-416e-8ab6-125b0e7e44a9
  8. Windows 10 Photo Viewer

Windows 10 Photo Viewer: I'm looking for a Photo Viewer for Windows 10 Home 64-bit that's as close as possible to that found on Windows 7. I've tried Microsoft Photos on the Windows Store but once I zoom in or make an image I'm viewing full screen, the other options at the top of the screen disappear...
  9. Windows 10 photo viewer

Windows 10 photo viewer: How to show oldest photos first in windows 10 photo viewer Can someone please help me out here on the above.I decided to have a go with the W10 photo app,But failed on how to arrange the viewing I would like to have the windows to show oldest first.Or is it set to show...
  10. Windows Photo Viewer manual restoration

Windows Photo Viewer manual restoration: I found Brink's tutorial here: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1...dows-10-a.html But I wanted to know if I can try and manually restore it? If I want to add the registry key myself, how can I do that? Thanks! 39099