Windows 10: Restore Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 10

Discus and support Restore Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; I have run 'Restore_Windows_Photo_Viewer.reg' several times now to no avail. Initially it worked that day, but since then the only way I can get Photo... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by heyyahblah, Aug 9, 2015.

1. Silvera Win User

Restore Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 10

I have run 'Restore_Windows_Photo_Viewer.reg' several times now to no avail. Initially it worked that day, but since then the only way I can get Photo Viewer is to right click on a file and click 'Open With' then select PV. Any thoughts on what is up?

Silvera, Dec 26, 2015
  2. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello Silvera, *Smile

After you merge the .reg file, be sure that you also do step 8 to set Windows Photo Viewer as the default program.

Brink, Dec 26, 2015
  3. Silvera Win User
    It is now! I guess I so glad to have it back I forgot to make sure that I had followed all the steps.

I am so glad the Forum is here and you and the others give your time to help folks like me!

Silvera, Dec 26, 2015
  4. becca Win User

I'm new to the forum and windows 10, so hope I'm posting in the right place!
    I used to be able to arrange photos in any order and view them in that order(in Windows XP).
    I am trying to get that option back in Windows 10. I have been able to follow directions and am now able to drag/drop photos within a folder and rearrange them in that way. However, when I go to the photoviewer, they are not in that order. In fact, they are not even in the original order except the first one or maybe two.

Is it even possible to view in the order I rearrange them in (in the viewer, using the forward/back arrow keys)?

Thanks for any help!

becca, Dec 30, 2015
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello Becca, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

I added step 3 in the tutorial to fix that for you.

Brink, Dec 30, 2015
  6. becca Win User
    Thanks! I tried it, but it doesn't seem to be working for me. I'm sure it's probably something I did on my end....

I tried the 'undo' but photo viewer was still there after I did that. I did step #3 again and it's still the same. I can still rearrange, but can't view in that order. I don't see the photo viewer listed twice under 'open with'.

Any insights? Thanks!

becca, Dec 30, 2015
  7. becca Win User
    When I view the pictures, they are in order up until the one I moved. After the moved picture, it seems to jump to other photos in the folder, but not in order--if that helps any...

becca, Dec 30, 2015
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Odd. What file type are the pictures?

Brink, Dec 30, 2015
  9. becca Win User
    They are all jpg files. It looks like once I hit the moved picture, it starts showing them in order--but going down the columns vertically instead of across the rows like it should.

becca, Dec 30, 2015
  10. becca Win User
    Looks like anywhere I start viewing within the folder it's going down the columns, not just after the moved picture.
    Folders where I haven't moved any photos still show in order, across the rows.

11. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Are you closing and reopening Windows Photo Viewer after moving the image?

12. becca Win User
    I move the picture, then click the picture to view, which opens photoviewer. Then use the left/right arrows to scroll through the pictures.

It views the same even if I close photo viewer and reopen, or close the folder and then open it again. It views down the columns. Do I need to do it differently to view in order after I move pictures?

becca, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Restore Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Restore Photo Viewer

2. How to restore the Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    How to restore the Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 11: Windows 11 brings a slew of new features, some of which have not been well received among users. If you look at the previous iteration, it also had some unwelcome changes such as the Photos app, which replaced the Windows Photo Viewer. [ATTACH] The Photos App isn't bad at...
  3. Restore Windows Photo Viewer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restore Windows Photo Viewer: If you loved Microsoft Photo viewer but they're forcing you to use Photos App you can bring it back with this FREE program. https://download.cnet.com/Restore-Windows-Photo-Viewer/3000-18488_4-77362441.html...
  4. How do you restore windows photo viewer in windows 10?

How do you restore windows photo viewer in windows 10?: I have tried everything to restore windows photo viewer as my default app in windows 10. Nothing seems to work. I cannot find an icon of the program to right click on and activate. Frustrating. Thanks in advance for your help....
  5. Restore Windows Photo Viewer not working anymore

Restore Windows Photo Viewer not working anymore: So I just got a new Alienware Area-51m laptop which came preinstalled with the latest build of Windows 1809, I did the latest Windows update then started applying my tweaks, however, when I applied the restore Windows Photo Viewer for All Users tweak, I still couldn't find...
  6. Restore Windows Photo Viewer not working anymore

in Windows 10 Support
    Restore Windows Photo Viewer not working anymore: So I just got a new Alienware Area-51m laptop which came preinstalled with the latest build of Windows 1809, I did the latest Windows update then started applying my tweaks, however, when I applied the restore Windows Photo Viewer for All Users tweak, I still couldn't find...
  7. Windows 10 photo viewer

Windows 10 photo viewer: when I try to enlarge a picture in the photo viewer, they window turns transparent. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-photo-viewer/376a2bf0-7c7f-416e-8ab6-125b0e7e44a9
  8. Windows 10 Photo Viewer

Windows 10 Photo Viewer: I'm looking for a Photo Viewer for Windows 10 Home 64-bit that's as close as possible to that found on Windows 7. I've tried Microsoft Photos on the Windows Store but once I zoom in or make an image I'm viewing full screen, the other options at the top of the screen disappear...
  9. Windows 10 photo viewer

Windows 10 photo viewer: How to show oldest photos first in windows 10 photo viewer Can someone please help me out here on the above.I decided to have a go with the W10 photo app,But failed on how to arrange the viewing I would like to have the windows to show oldest first.Or is it set to show...
  10. Windows Photo Viewer manual restoration

Windows Photo Viewer manual restoration: I found Brink's tutorial here: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1...dows-10-a.html But I wanted to know if I can try and manually restore it? If I want to add the registry key myself, how can I do that? Thanks! 39099