Windows 10: Restore windows

Discus and support Restore windows in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi All Windows 10 HP Omen Laptop OK so my newer laptop has been having few issues. First the battery is dead that I know as if I unplug the laptop it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Dave1776, May 4, 2021.

1. Dave1776 Win User

Restore windows

Hi All Windows 10 HP Omen Laptop OK so my newer laptop has been having few issues. First the battery is dead that I know as if I unplug the laptop it just turns off since no battery power. It is an internal battery and which I was able to remove as there was some thoughts that it might be causing the other issue I am having. The other issue is a blue screen of death. Unfortunately removing the battery did not resolve the BOD So I finally gave up and tried to just restore the system hoping it was a software and not a hardware issue so I went through that whole process of restoring the system got like 98% to 99% completed and then bam BOD pops up and refuses to let me finish the restore and then reverts everything back to where I was before I started the restore. First would having the battery removed be causing this even if with the battery being dead? If not what I can I do to restore the laptop to working order being it is giving me the BOD during the last parts of the restore and denying me a clean system. Thoughts Thanks

:)

Dave1776, May 4, 2021

2. Windows XP PRO error after restore

System restore is handy when it works like it did for me 2 days ago saving the need to reinstall all of my software as well as windows, id suggest using norton Ghost 12 for an excellent system restore feature.

jocksteeluk, May 5, 2021
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Restore windows [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, May 5, 2021
  4. Restore windows

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, May 5, 2021
Thema:

Restore windows

1. Restore windows - Similar Threads - Restore

2. Why is Backup and Restore Windows 7?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is Backup and Restore Windows 7?: This is something that's been bothering me for a while. I've noticed that in the Control Panel the option to back up and restore is Windows 7. It doesn't matter if you're running Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 or Windows 11 the option is seemingly always for Windows 7. I...
  3. Why is Backup and Restore Windows 7?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is Backup and Restore Windows 7?: This is something that's been bothering me for a while. I've noticed that in the Control Panel the option to back up and restore is Windows 7. It doesn't matter if you're running Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 or Windows 11 the option is seemingly always for Windows 7. I...
  4. How do I get internet access after system restore?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get internet access after system restore?: Hello! Is someone available to help me troubleshoot? I did a system restore on my ACER, I have Windows 10, it shows the internet is connected but it will not allow me to connect.. tried resetting the Network too. No luck. I have McAfee security....
  5. How do I get internet access after system restore?

How do I get internet access after system restore?: Hello! Is someone available to help me troubleshoot? I did a system restore on my ACER, I have Windows 10, it shows the internet is connected but it will not allow me to connect.. tried resetting the Network too. No luck. I have McAfee security....
  6. How do I get internet access after system restore?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Back and Restore (Windows 7) on Windows 11

Back and Restore (Windows 7) on Windows 11: Hello everyone. I am having, some trouble w/ backup of one of the two hard drives, in my Desktop-PC. C was backup'd, without any significant issues, but D is another deal. I've read a little, that may indicate a locked hard drive, however - I have never set a password on the...
  8. Onedrive says there are no previous versions available from which to restore although I can...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive says there are no previous versions available from which to restore although I can...: My Onedrive is displaying a version of a file last updated in July of 2023 even though I updated the file as recently as Friday April 12th, 2024 I can see there was a version saved on the 12th in version history but Restore says there are no previous versions available.....
  9. Onedrive says there are no previous versions available from which to restore although I can...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive says there are no previous versions available from which to restore although I can...: My Onedrive is displaying a version of a file last updated in July of 2023 even though I updated the file as recently as Friday April 12th, 2024 I can see there was a version saved on the 12th in version history but Restore says there are no previous versions available.....
  10. Onedrive says there are no previous versions available from which to restore although I can...