Windows 10: Restore won't restore

Discus and support Restore won't restore in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am having a problem in backup and restore. I go to the restore files ( I back up every day) and i click on chose a different date. I pick February... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by mttroublemaker, Mar 2, 2019.

1. Restore won't restore

I am having a problem in backup and restore. I go to the restore files ( I back up every day) and i click on chose a different date. I pick February 10 and ok. However which I click on the OK button nothing happens. It does take back to the restore files screen but the file that I pick is not there. The file is not in the restore file list. Is there any way I can restore the files to that date?

If anyone does answer this could you please be specific in the steps so I can follow it step by step. I appreciate your help.. I really need to restore to a previous date.

:)

mttroublemaker, Mar 2, 2019

2. Windows XP PRO error after restore

System restore is handy when it works like it did for me 2 days ago saving the need to reinstall all of my software as well as windows, id suggest using norton Ghost 12 for an excellent system restore feature.

jocksteeluk, Mar 2, 2019
  3. Ipod restore didn't restore?

Okay i finally got my ipod touch 4th gen firmware 4.2.1 to restore and after it finishes it says your ipod will start in a few seconds and will show up in itunes but instead of doing that........it instead says: your ipod is in recovery mode please restore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >.<!!!

ANY help will be greatly appreciated thank you.

blackjack.........

Blackjack49, Mar 2, 2019
  4. Pinchy Win User

Restore won't restore

windows xp duel boot with vista restore points

Turn off system restore in XP altogether...or if you dont want to, AsRocks suggestion should work :\

Pinchy, Mar 2, 2019
Thema:

Restore won't restore

1. Restore won't restore - Similar Threads - Restore won't restore

2. Microsoft Authenticator won't restore accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Authenticator won't restore accounts: I have an Android phone with Microsoft Authenticator set up with a bunch of 2FA. Backup is enabled.As a safety, in case I loose my device, I installed MA on a second Android device. I use the same Microsoft Account on both.I logged in on the second device. It showed...
  3. Windows 10 won't restore or anything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 won't restore or anything: One day my PC just crashed, after restarting ,there was the blue error screen saying "critical error failed" I,m unable to access windows, and also I'm unable to restore, or fix anything,pls help...
  4. Cloned/Restored SSD won't boot

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Cloned/Restored SSD won't boot: Hi, I wanted to migrate entirely from my current boot drive (Samsung 950 EVO m.2 256 GB) to a newly purchased drive that I want to use a my boot drive (Samsung 980 PRO m.2 1TB) I first tried cloning with Macrium Reflect, not realizing the destination drive needed to be...
  5. Minimized File Explorer Won't Restore

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Minimized File Explorer Won't Restore: I have a new HP Spectre laptop with Windows 10 Home. Frequently, when I go to restore a minimized File Explorer window, it won't restore. This happens intermittently, but often several times a day. It drives me nuts as I have to open a new File Explorer window and re-navigate...
  6. windows won't maximize or restore

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows won't maximize or restore: All of a sudden, windows that i "minimize" won't maximize! I've tried all the key stroke combos shift/Ctrl/alt/Windows. none work. any surefire suggestions?...
  7. File History won't restore

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    File History won't restore: Hello, I thought I was careful to set up File History, maybe I've missed something. I have set for hourly backup, 1 month retention, and have specified a few additional folders to back up in addition to the defaults. Data is being backed up, I see a little over 15 GB since...
  8. Windows 10 won't restore

Windows 10 won't restore: I have tried to restore my Laptop to eliminate a problem I have been experiencing with windows 10 - but no matter which restore point I choose to restore to, on re-boot a screen appears saying that the system could not be restored as it could not access a file needed and to...
  9. System Restore won't restore

System Restore won't restore: I have a problem that is as insoluble (to me) as it is serious: System Restore seems broken. It exits with this less-than-helpful err msg: An unknown error occurred during system restore. (0x80070091). For completeness I took partial screen shots the whole way during my last...
  10. Restore Point won't work on 16226

Restore Point won't work on 16226: Installed 16226 the other day, the OS seems to work ok..mouse acts weird sometimes. My main problem I can not create a restore point. I went into gpedit.msc and make sure that the restore point was configured as "Not Configured". Error code 0x81000203 is displayed. Googled...