Windows 10: Restore workspace?

Discus and support Restore workspace? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, is there a way to restore the workspace via macro or similar? I'd like to save and then open apps with positions of the windows submitted by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Te0xs, Jan 19, 2020.

1. /u/Te0xs Win User

Restore workspace?

Hi, is there a way to restore the workspace via macro or similar? I'd like to save and then open apps with positions of the windows

submitted by /u/Te0xs
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Te0xs, Jan 19, 2020
  2. Argel Obm Win User

Windows Ink Workspace - Reset/Clearing Contents Programmatically

Hi Robert,

Windows Ink Workspace is part of the system icons. Just like the Start button, the process of Windows Ink Workspace is not going to present in Task Manager. If do not want your users to use the Windows Ink Workspace, we recommend that you disable it. You
    can disable Windows Ink Workspace by following these steps:

• Click the Windows logo (Start button).
    • Click the gear icon (Settings).
    • Select Personalization.
    • On the left pane, choose Taskbar.
    • Under Notification area, click Turn system icons on or off.
    • Locate Windows Ink Workspace, and then click the slider to turn it off.
    • You will now notice that the Windows Ink Workspace is gone from the Taskbar.

If you still want to have a function that will allow you to automatically reset or clear the contents of Windows Ink Workspace, we recommend that you post your suggested function using the Feedback Hub like what was mentioned by
    Erika Aro so that our Engineers can look into it and release your suggested feature on the next update of Windows 10.

Regards.

Argel Obm, Jan 19, 2020
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Restore workspace? [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Jan 19, 2020
  4. Restore workspace?

"Show windows ink workspace button" is greyed out and I was wondering if you know how to enable it?

Kindly refer to the steps below and see if it helps. These steps will be for enabling Windows Ink Workspace using Group Policy.

• Use the Windows key + R keyboard shortcut to open the Run command.
    • Type gpedit.msc and click OK.
    • Select Computer Configuration.
    • Expand the following path: Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Windows Ink Workspace.
      Note: It's worth pointing out that is you see two " Windows Ink Workspace" entries, you must choose to configure the second one. Otherwise, the instructions will not work.
    • On the right side, double-click the Allow Windows Ink Workspace setting.
    • Check the Enabled option.
    • Under Options, select Enabled from the drop-down menu.
    • Click Apply.
    • Click OK.
    • Restart your computer to see the new changes.

Do update us if it works.

Regards.

Jomel_Santos, Jan 19, 2020
Thema:

Restore workspace?

1. Restore workspace? - Similar Threads - Restore workspace

2. Does anyone know if the Win 10 Control Panel "Backup and Restore Windows 7" facility will...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Does anyone know if the Win 10 Control Panel "Backup and Restore Windows 7" facility will...: Windows 10 Home Premium Version 1909 OS Build 18363.657 I have been using the "Backup and Restore Windows 7" facility for years with success. In the Control Panel. This has saved me many times over the years after shooting myself in the foot by allowing me to restore my...
  3. Loosing System Restore Points

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Loosing System Restore Points: I keep loosing system restore points. I only get to save 4 restore points that go back 30 days, even though I have set the disk space usage to handle over 15 restore points points. Why is this happening? In windows 7, I could save 3 months worth of restore points and I...
  4. How to restore a backup from an external HDD after a clean install of windows?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to restore a backup from an external HDD after a clean install of windows?: My gf's laptop stopped charging and tech service did a clean install to fix the issue. Before taking it in, I copied her important files and also used the windows 10 backup (backup using file history) to make a backup on an external drive. After this clean install of windows...
  5. BSOD on Windows startup, system restore fails

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD on Windows startup, system restore fails: Hello, I believe it's my first time posting here. So far I've been able to fix all kinds of computer issues on my own, but this time it seems that I've come to a dead end. My Windows 10 PC won't boot and I don't know what to do... The backstory: some info might be...
  6. How to restore a backup from an external HDD after a clean install of windows 10?

How to restore a backup from an external HDD after a clean install of windows 10?: My gf's laptop stopped charging and tech service did a clean install to fix the issue. Before taking it in, I copied her important files and also used the windows 10 backup (backup using file history) to make a backup on an external drive. After this clean install of windows...
  7. System Restore Recommendations

System Restore Recommendations: Last night I just noticed that unlike previous versions of Windows, the Windows 10 OS does not have System Restore active by default. My desktop PC has two hard drives. The 128 SSD runs the OS and a 2TB HDD stores my documents and games. 1) As a not very computer literate...
  8. Automatic System Restore points not being created

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Automatic System Restore points not being created: Did a Google search and did all the recommended fixes. Nothing. (Windows 10 Version 1809 - OS Build 17763.1039) 151119
  9. Help with Restoring a Backup...

Help with Restoring a Backup...: Hey all, I recently reset my computer to try and troubleshoot something because nothing else was working (I know, not a great idea). It wiped everything, obviously. I put a backup onto my external drive before the reset, so it has a folder called FileHistory with what I...
  10. Recycle Bin Restore?

Recycle Bin Restore?: This morning I came into work and my desktop was absolutely covered with icons. Upon reviewing these icons, it appears that everything from my recycle bin from the last year has been moved to my desktop. I have noticed this happen before and it seems to happen occasionally...