Windows 10: Restore workspace?

Discus and support Restore workspace? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, is there a way to restore the workspace via macro or similar? I'd like to save and then open apps with positions of the windows submitted by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Te0xs, Jan 19, 2020.

1. /u/Te0xs Win User

Restore workspace?

Hi, is there a way to restore the workspace via macro or similar? I'd like to save and then open apps with positions of the windows

submitted by /u/Te0xs
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Te0xs, Jan 19, 2020
  2. Argel Obm Win User

Windows Ink Workspace - Reset/Clearing Contents Programmatically

Hi Robert,

Windows Ink Workspace is part of the system icons. Just like the Start button, the process of Windows Ink Workspace is not going to present in Task Manager. If do not want your users to use the Windows Ink Workspace, we recommend that you disable it. You
    can disable Windows Ink Workspace by following these steps:

• Click the Windows logo (Start button).
    • Click the gear icon (Settings).
    • Select Personalization.
    • On the left pane, choose Taskbar.
    • Under Notification area, click Turn system icons on or off.
    • Locate Windows Ink Workspace, and then click the slider to turn it off.
    • You will now notice that the Windows Ink Workspace is gone from the Taskbar.

If you still want to have a function that will allow you to automatically reset or clear the contents of Windows Ink Workspace, we recommend that you post your suggested function using the Feedback Hub like what was mentioned by
    Erika Aro so that our Engineers can look into it and release your suggested feature on the next update of Windows 10.

Regards.

Argel Obm, Jan 19, 2020
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Restore workspace? [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Jan 19, 2020
  4. Restore workspace?

"Show windows ink workspace button" is greyed out and I was wondering if you know how to enable it?

Kindly refer to the steps below and see if it helps. These steps will be for enabling Windows Ink Workspace using Group Policy.

• Use the Windows key + R keyboard shortcut to open the Run command.
    • Type gpedit.msc and click OK.
    • Select Computer Configuration.
    • Expand the following path: Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Windows Ink Workspace.
      Note: It's worth pointing out that is you see two " Windows Ink Workspace" entries, you must choose to configure the second one. Otherwise, the instructions will not work.
    • On the right side, double-click the Allow Windows Ink Workspace setting.
    • Check the Enabled option.
    • Under Options, select Enabled from the drop-down menu.
    • Click Apply.
    • Click OK.
    • Restart your computer to see the new changes.

Do update us if it works.

Regards.

Jomel_Santos, Jan 19, 2020
Thema:

Restore workspace?

1. Restore workspace? - Similar Threads - Restore workspace

2. Back and Restore (Windows 7) on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Back and Restore (Windows 7) on Windows 11: Hello everyone. I am having, some trouble w/ backup of one of the two hard drives, in my Desktop-PC. C was backup'd, without any significant issues, but D is another deal. I've read a little, that may indicate a locked hard drive, however - I have never set a password on the...
  3. Onedrive says there are no previous versions available from which to restore although I can...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive says there are no previous versions available from which to restore although I can...: My Onedrive is displaying a version of a file last updated in July of 2023 even though I updated the file as recently as Friday April 12th, 2024 I can see there was a version saved on the 12th in version history but Restore says there are no previous versions available.....
  4. Onedrive says there are no previous versions available from which to restore although I can...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive says there are no previous versions available from which to restore although I can...: My Onedrive is displaying a version of a file last updated in July of 2023 even though I updated the file as recently as Friday April 12th, 2024 I can see there was a version saved on the 12th in version history but Restore says there are no previous versions available.....
  5. Onedrive says there are no previous versions available from which to restore although I can...

6. Does a system restore get rid of a Trojan that I just installed on my windows 11 pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does a system restore get rid of a Trojan that I just installed on my windows 11 pc: So i just installed a Trojan and I immediately went to system restore and restored it and I was wondering if the file could still be on my pc....
  7. Does a system restore get rid of a Trojan that I just installed on my windows 11 pc

Does a system restore get rid of a Trojan that I just installed on my windows 11 pc: So i just installed a Trojan and I immediately went to system restore and restored it and I was wondering if the file could still be on my pc....
  8. BSOD CRITICAL_PROCESSOR_DIED after system restore

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD CRITICAL_PROCESSOR_DIED after system restore: When I was last updating my drivers. More specifically I updated my audio driver and my USB driver. Before downloading, i created an restore point to that moment. After that I downloaded these drivers.After a day, I noticed that, after these drivers installations, my PC...
  9. BSOD CRITICAL_PROCESSOR_DIED after system restore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD CRITICAL_PROCESSOR_DIED after system restore: When I was last updating my drivers. More specifically I updated my audio driver and my USB driver. Before downloading, i created an restore point to that moment. After that I downloaded these drivers.After a day, I noticed that, after these drivers installations, my PC...
  10. BSOD CRITICAL_PROCESSOR_DIED after system restore

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to restore my workspace in windows