Windows 10: RESTORE

Discus and support RESTORE in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a "blue screen" and have figured out how to restore back to 6-23 but apparently that is not far back enough ==now I would like to go back... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by donrohr, Jul 21, 2021.

1. donrohr Win User

RESTORE

I have a "blue screen" and have figured out how to restore back to 6-23 but apparently that is not far back enough ==now I would like to go back further for a restore but cannot change the date to go back or get a drop down list that I could choose from --any help would be greatly appreciated !!!

:)

donrohr, Jul 21, 2021
  2. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

RESTORE [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Jul 21, 2021
  3. Pinchy Win User
    windows xp duel boot with vista restore points

Turn off system restore in XP altogether...or if you dont want to, AsRocks suggestion should work :\

Pinchy, Jul 21, 2021
  4. RESTORE

System Restore Error 0x81000203

Good day,

We can see here that you are having issues performing system restore on your computer. Having said that, we need to determine the cause of this problem. Before we proceed, may we know the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Are you getting any error messages when trying to perform system restore? If so, can you send us a screenshot?
      Note: Please do not include any personal information.
    • Have you performed all the suggested troubleshooting steps found on this thread?

Desiree Yau, Jul 21, 2021
Thema:

RESTORE

1. RESTORE - Similar Threads - RESTORE

2. System restore confusion.

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System restore confusion.: "Settings > System > Storage > System & reserved > System restore" reports 6.11 GB. "System properties > System protection > Configuration" reports 1.80 MB I have run "SFC /scannow" and "Chkdsk" as administrator with no resolve. EDIT: Found the problem, I was selecting the...
  3. Is an "Image" Better Than System Restore Point?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Is an "Image" Better Than System Restore Point?: Im a non-tech basic user. lost bunch of usb's, other important stuff from some house troubles. I had written down how to "fix" things in case of a "crash", etc., but now it's gone, and I cant remember things. Is syst retore points okay, or is what's called an 'image or...
  4. How to restore left sidebar in File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to restore left sidebar in File Explorer?: The left sidebar in File Explorer has been changed accidentally on my PC. I don't know what actions happened. Also, I have tried to return the previous version. Can someone help me in this situation? What I want is to restore the sidebar in File Explorer from the current...
  5. System Restore and Outlook Password

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System Restore and Outlook Password: My Windows 10 computer crashed. I am able to get to System Restore but I am prompted to use my Outlook Password. I do so and am told that the password is incorrect. I have signed off and then on in Outlook with another computer successfully. So the password I am using is...
  6. Since my System Restore, I can't print documents. Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Since my System Restore, I can't print documents. Windows 10: Because of dozens of major problems in the past year or so with my outlook.com which is free, of course, I paid £49.99 four weeks ago to upgrade to Outlook. This subscription expires on the 20th January 2023. I then had problems with it and I was advised by experts to run...
  7. Restore last data on external HDD

in Windows 10 Support
    Restore last data on external HDD: I think that I know the answer to this question but I have to ask before I plunge ahead. I have a 2TB external HDD that is attached to my media server (WDTV Live). I'm not sure what happened but the WDTV stopped recognizing the HDD. I connected it to my computer and the...
  8. System restores asking me for the password.

in Windows 10 Customization
    System restores asking me for the password.: I used my Microsoft account password but as you can see the password is incorrect. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-restores-asking-me-for-the-password/10a2fc28-50a7-458d-9dcf-da960e4cda33
  9. USBSTORAGE and MEMORYCARD, Restoring Network Connections Error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USBSTORAGE and MEMORYCARD, Restoring Network Connections Error: My old Dell laptop has had a broken battery for some time now, so I finally ordered a new one and replaced it. It works much better than the old one and holds a charge, but that's not the issue here. When I turned on my laptop again after getting it all charged up, I...
  10. Restore Points deleted prematurely

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restore Points deleted prematurely: Restore Points are deleted within hours of creation, while computer has been left powered up from before the creation of the Restore Points until after their mysterious deletion no rebooting in between unless the system is rebooting when I'm not looking, like while the...