Windows 10: Restored Files

Discus and support Restored Files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have just restored a back up file from a portable drive on to my new computer. I must have clicked the wrong button because I now have over 20,000... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by J.Stead1, Aug 10, 2019.

1. J.Stead1 Win User

Restored Files

I have just restored a back up file from a portable drive on to my new computer. I must have clicked the wrong button because I now have over 20,000 items in my documents folder. How can I reverse this action to get rid of them and start again?

:)

J.Stead1, Aug 10, 2019
  2. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Restored Files [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Aug 10, 2019
  3. Pinchy Win User
    Deleted file restore software.

I cant remember if it recovers old files OR leaves new files on the computer even after you do the restore. I havent used it in a while.

Pinchy, Aug 10, 2019
  4. Restored Files

Corrupt files when restored

Took me a while to answer, and follow the instructions.
    Here are the results:
    Restoring from the 2TB drive failed and the FAQ page on GetDataBack site explains this scenario (file name found but on valid data to restore on NTFS) quite well.
    Recuva software also found the files by name but they weren't valid to restore. For the next part Recuva wasn't helpful, too.
    I decided to try a different approach. I managed to find an old HDD (that I stopped using because it fell and "got" bad sectors) that had the photos. I used R-Studio program to skip those sectors (manually, they were too much for the program to ignore in sequential scan) and managed to restore all of them (I think).
    Thanks for the help.
    Hope it helps someone.

BoomBang85, Aug 10, 2019
Thema:

Restored Files

1. Restored Files - Similar Threads - Restored Files

2. Restore uninstalled Java files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restore uninstalled Java files: I wanted to install the new Java SE 12 sdk on my computer so I tried to uninstall the older Java sdk on my computer. When I go to install the new Java 12 version, I accept the license agreement and am given the option of downloading the 64 bit file with either the .exe...
  3. "server threw an exception" during file restore

"server threw an exception" during file restore: I'm restoring files from a backup external drive, to my new PC. As I copy/paste folders, I get a "the server threw an exception" error, and the copy process stops. I can then copy the same folder(s) with no issue, until the next error message. Usually i get through a couple...
  4. VssExpressWriter fails to add a folder non monitored files into restore point

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    VssExpressWriter fails to add a folder non monitored files into restore point: I'm trying to use VSS Express Writer to include all the files in specific folder in the restore point when it is conducted which are crucial for my app to run. Some of the files have extensions (mostly .txt) that is not automatically monitored (see...
  5. How to restore encrypted files by the ransomware virus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to restore encrypted files by the ransomware virus: Hi everybody, my computer has infected the ransomware virus that the files on the hard disk are all encrypted, encrypted file names are added 795256hz extension, such as abc.pdf file, the encrypted file became abc.pdf.795256hz. This virus will be placed a file...
  6. Restore W10 File History backup on W8.1 - possible?

Restore W10 File History backup on W8.1 - possible?: Is it possible to restore a File History backup from Windows 10 to a Windows 8.1 installation? I do know it is possible to restore a backup from W10 to W10. I am considering downgrading my laptop from W10 to W8.1. Obviously the first step is to back up all of my data there...
  7. my Windows 10 accessories has disappeared twice..along with my files. ..restore points gone...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    my Windows 10 accessories has disappeared twice..along with my files. ..restore points gone...: does anyone know how to recover without wiping everything out and re-installing windows? Kevin https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-10-accessories-has-disappeared/9204aa86-96d1-47b9-8fdc-43958d6cb241"
  8. how to restore files from backup using using third party program

how to restore files from backup using using third party program: i have backup c ,d drive in my external hard disk . i am using window 10 1903.how to restore files from backup using using third party program....
  9. cannot copy system restore point file

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    cannot copy system restore point file: I need to make backup of system restore point, i followed some guide and i own folder even subfolders and file and still says i need permissions when i try to copy it and when i click ok nothing happens. When i applied permission it said some error, but i read it doesn't...
  10. Protect system restore files

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Protect system restore files: After Microsoft's latest forced update, 1903, I discovered that all my previous system restore files had been wiped out. Is there any way of hiding, or protecting, or backing up system restore files? 136886