Windows 10: Restored from BU

Discus and support Restored from BU in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I was told anybody can backup the question is can you restore. I just installed a hard drive inside my notebook and formatted it using Acronis Disk... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by KCav45, May 19, 2020.

1. KCav45 Win User

Restored from BU

I was told anybody can backup the question is can you restore. I just installed a hard drive inside my notebook and formatted it using Acronis Disk Director. Then I booted using a rescue flash drive created with Macrium Reflect. I then restored my system from the backup. I don't have any questions but sometimes I don't see an issue. Comments are welcome. Preceding this restore I received a lot of help on to how to shutoff Edge, how to perform a System File Check and the best way to backup. Would like to give credit to those who helped me NOT SURE HOW TO DO THIS.

:)

KCav45, May 19, 2020
  2. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Restored from BU [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, May 19, 2020
  3. wdrs Win User
    SM Bus Controller Driver

I have now updated my specs

4. Mala_S Win User

Restored from BU

USB keyboards become unresponsive after unplugging/plugging three times

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

To have a better clarity on the issue and guide you accordingly, respond to the questions listed below:

1. What is the make and model of the computer?
    2. What is the make and model of the keyboard?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to follow the below mentioned steps to resolve the issue.

Step 1: Run USB Troubleshooter.

Run the troubleshooter and diagnose Windows USB problems by following the

article
    which automatically fixes the USB issue.

Step 2: Create a Restore point and uninstall
    Universal Serial Bus controllers.

Create a system restore point before make any major changes onto the computer to make sure that we do not mess up with it. You may go through the article on how to

create a system restore point.

After creating a restore point, go to device manager and uninstall the USB controllers.

To disable and re-enable the USB controllers, follow these steps:

• Right click on the Start menu and click on Device Manager.
    • Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers (You might have to scroll down the list to find this item).
    • Right-click the first USB controller under Universal Serial Bus controllers, and then click Uninstall to remove it.
    • Repeat step 3 for each USB controller that is listed under Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    • Restart the computer. After the computer starts, Windows will automatically scan for hardware changes and reinstall all the USB controllers that you uninstalled.

If you still have issues, go to the manufacturer’s website and update the chipset drivers.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Mala S

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Mala_S, May 19, 2020
Thema:

Restored from BU

1. Restored from BU - Similar Threads - Restored

2. How do I restore the task bar button in windows 11home?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I restore the task bar button in windows 11home?: I need to know how do I restore the task view button on my laptop, and also the calendar on the task bar. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-restore-the-task-bar-button-in-windows/be2347f2-212b-4c01-962d-3b6871173b8f
  3. How do I restore the task bar button in windows 11home?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I restore the task bar button in windows 11home?: I need to know how do I restore the task view button on my laptop, and also the calendar on the task bar. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-restore-the-task-bar-button-in-windows/be2347f2-212b-4c01-962d-3b6871173b8f
  4. Getting error code 0x80071ab0 when trying to restore PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting error code 0x80071ab0 when trying to restore PC: I am running Windows 11 Home insider build and i need to restore my pc but i get error code 0x80071ab0 when i try to restore it. It seems like it restored but when i log into the pc it shows me this error. How can i fix it?...
  5. Getting error code 0x80071ab0 when trying to restore PC

Getting error code 0x80071ab0 when trying to restore PC: I am running Windows 11 Home insider build and i need to restore my pc but i get error code 0x80071ab0 when i try to restore it. It seems like it restored but when i log into the pc it shows me this error. How can i fix it?...
  6. I have lost two years of Onedrive files. Restore has not helped me. Only files older than...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have lost two years of Onedrive files. Restore has not helped me. Only files older than...: I have lost two years of Onedrive files. Restore has not helped me. Only files older than two years or so are being shown. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-lost-two-years-of-onedrive-files-restore/a3b5d3d7-f902-489b-ba53-c8a3a1eb3c80
  7. I have lost two years of Onedrive files. Restore has not helped me. Only files older than...

I have lost two years of Onedrive files. Restore has not helped me. Only files older than...: I have lost two years of Onedrive files. Restore has not helped me. Only files older than two years or so are being shown. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-lost-two-years-of-onedrive-files-restore/a3b5d3d7-f902-489b-ba53-c8a3a1eb3c80
  8. Restoring restored items back to the bin if there's an easy way?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Restoring restored items back to the bin if there's an easy way?: I accidentally restored a couple of hundred deleted files from the bin when I meant to restore just 1. Apart from quitting the program which I have, is there an easy way to find them and delete them again before google drive reuploads them? Otherwise I'll just go through the...
  9. Restoring restored items back to the bin if there's an easy way?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restoring restored items back to the bin if there's an easy way?: I accidentally restored a couple of hundred deleted files from the bin when I meant to restore just 1. Apart from quitting the program which I have, is there an easy way to find them and delete them again before google drive reuploads them? Otherwise I'll just go through the...
  10. Restoring restored items back to the bin if there's an easy way?