Windows 10: Restored from BU

Discus and support Restored from BU in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I was told anybody can backup the question is can you restore. I just installed a hard drive inside my notebook and formatted it using Acronis Disk... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by KCav45, May 19, 2020.

1. KCav45 Win User

Restored from BU

I was told anybody can backup the question is can you restore. I just installed a hard drive inside my notebook and formatted it using Acronis Disk Director. Then I booted using a rescue flash drive created with Macrium Reflect. I then restored my system from the backup. I don't have any questions but sometimes I don't see an issue. Comments are welcome. Preceding this restore I received a lot of help on to how to shutoff Edge, how to perform a System File Check and the best way to backup. Would like to give credit to those who helped me NOT SURE HOW TO DO THIS.

:)

KCav45, May 19, 2020
  2. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Restored from BU [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, May 19, 2020
  3. wdrs Win User
    SM Bus Controller Driver

I have now updated my specs

4. Mala_S Win User

Restored from BU

USB keyboards become unresponsive after unplugging/plugging three times

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

To have a better clarity on the issue and guide you accordingly, respond to the questions listed below:

1. What is the make and model of the computer?
    2. What is the make and model of the keyboard?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to follow the below mentioned steps to resolve the issue.

Step 1: Run USB Troubleshooter.

Run the troubleshooter and diagnose Windows USB problems by following the

article
    which automatically fixes the USB issue.

Step 2: Create a Restore point and uninstall
    Universal Serial Bus controllers.

Create a system restore point before make any major changes onto the computer to make sure that we do not mess up with it. You may go through the article on how to

create a system restore point.

After creating a restore point, go to device manager and uninstall the USB controllers.

To disable and re-enable the USB controllers, follow these steps:

• Right click on the Start menu and click on Device Manager.
    • Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers (You might have to scroll down the list to find this item).
    • Right-click the first USB controller under Universal Serial Bus controllers, and then click Uninstall to remove it.
    • Repeat step 3 for each USB controller that is listed under Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    • Restart the computer. After the computer starts, Windows will automatically scan for hardware changes and reinstall all the USB controllers that you uninstalled.

If you still have issues, go to the manufacturer’s website and update the chipset drivers.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Mala S

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Mala_S, May 19, 2020
Thema:

Restored from BU

1. Restored from BU - Similar Threads - Restored

2. Format C Drive, Restore From Backup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Format C Drive, Restore From Backup: Version 1809 OS Build 17763.1217 Hi, I have an issue where an older version of a program must be uninstalled before the new version is installed. When attempting to uninstall the old version, it did not complete properly. As a result, most of the files are still there, but...
  3. Win10 and no sound after restore from hibernate

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win10 and no sound after restore from hibernate: Hello, last few days after last Win10 64bit updates, ver 10.0.18363.836 is no sound Realtek after restore from hibernate during play sound is sound bar moving, but no sound is hear from speaker. After restart notebook is sound again working. Thank you for support....
  4. restoring apps

restoring apps: how do I restore apps lost when I reset my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restoring-apps/0e24a98b-3a8e-4e5c-aa1d-e820db5744f3
  5. Is it safe to system restore?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it safe to system restore?: I was messing around with a couple newly installed programs (Malewarebytes and VirtualBox) and I noticed my File Explorer was acting strangely. Simple tasks such as renaming folders on my desktop took a couple seconds to finalize, and deleting empty folders even opened a...
  6. trying to restore image backup after changing SATA ide to SATA RAID1 setup

trying to restore image backup after changing SATA ide to SATA RAID1 setup: system is either 1903 or 1909 i honestly didn't look at what update has done since i installed over my Win7Pro... when i run system restore i get the error blah blah blah disk is too small. Replace with a larger disk blah blah blah.... Why exactly am i getting this...
  7. Restoring Lost "Set Aside" Tabs on Microsoft Edge

Restoring Lost "Set Aside" Tabs on Microsoft Edge: I was update Microsoft Edge to new Chromium-based Edge. Where are my tabs set aside tabs that I had kept on the previous Microsoft Edge? In my Favorites & Other favorites folder was empty. How do i get back my set aside tabs?[ATTACH]...
  8. Daily system restore points not being created

Daily system restore points not being created: I recently had a system crash and tried to use System Restore to get me out of trouble. When I opened my safety net via the Advanced Startup options, I was told that NO POINTS had been set. I always understood that SR creates points automatically on a daily basis. SR was...
  9. System restore

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    System restore: My laptop get autorepair so I think to restore laptop and by restoreing my laptop it get stuck for more than a month please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-restore/3c35bb61-ec76-4b1a-b061-8cee1b7437ad
  10. Windows Modules Installer listed System Restore Point fails in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Modules Installer listed System Restore Point fails in Windows 10: [ATTACH]If when you try to revert your Windows 10 computer to the Windows Modules Installer created System Restore point and it fails, then this post […] This article Windows Modules Installer listed System Restore Point fails in Windows 10 first appeared on...