Windows 10: Restored my daughter's computer to factory settings and it stuck on the "Hi there" screen

Discus and support Restored my daughter's computer to factory settings and it stuck on the "Hi there" screen in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, recently my daughter left for college and the computer she used in High School was replaced with another computer. My daughter's laptop was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by WRJR357, Sep 20, 2019.

1. WRJR357 Win User

Restored my daughter's computer to factory settings and it stuck on the "Hi there" screen

Hello, recently my daughter left for college and the computer she used in High School was replaced with another computer. My daughter's laptop was purchased in 2016, and I want to make it my personal computer. However, when I began a system restore to the original configuration, the computer gets stuck and recycle to the "Hi there" screen of the installation process. I will enter the information requested, ie... time zone, then the screen changes to "just a moment" restarts, and return to the "Hi there screen. I have been told that I will need a copy of Windows 10 on the thumb drive to correct this issue.

Any suggestions?

If not how can I get an official copy of Windows 10 since I had an official copy when I purchased the computer?

Warren J

:)

WRJR357, Sep 20, 2019

2. restoring to factory settings

Hi Lorna,

What’s the make and model of your laptop? I’ll find the steps to get that restored to factory settings for you. Let me know!

- C

Charlie Klausen, Sep 20, 2019
  3. System restore got stuck

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What was the exact issue that you were facing that lead to perform restore?
    • Did you receive any error message, when the system restore got stuck?
    • Did you install any third party security application?

Since the computer is being stuck, I suggest you to restart the computer and try to perform the restore again and check if it helps.

I also suggest you to provide more information regarding the issue which led to perform system restore along with the make and model of the computer.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Sep 20, 2019
  4. Corvs Win User

Restored my daughter's computer to factory settings and it stuck on the "Hi there" screen

Stuck In Set Up Loop After Factory Reset

Thanks, I can look at that now I'm on a laptop. Here was the screen tapping F11:

Restored my daughter's computer to factory settings and it stuck on the "Hi there" screen [​IMG]

and this was the system before restoring it:

Restored my daughter's computer to factory settings and it stuck on the "Hi there" screen [​IMG]

Corvs, Sep 20, 2019
Thema:

1. Restored my daughter's computer to factory settings and it stuck on the "Hi there" screen - Similar Threads - Restored daughter's computer

2. How to fully restore my computer to factory settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fully restore my computer to factory settings: I installed a Linux os but I realized it didn’t have some of the features I liked from windows so I tried to switch back because I still have the base windows file installed but when I try to restore the computer to factory settings from the bios it tells me I’m missing some...
  3. How to fully restore my computer to factory settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fully restore my computer to factory settings: I installed a Linux os but I realized it didn’t have some of the features I liked from windows so I tried to switch back because I still have the base windows file installed but when I try to restore the computer to factory settings from the bios it tells me I’m missing some...
  4. How to fully restore my computer to factory settings

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. restore computer to factory settings

restore computer to factory settings: How do I reset a new HP computer to factory settings so I can return it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-computer-to-factory-settings/d3ce5854-fa30-4adf-b850-e67354b74a1b
  6. restore to factory setting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    restore to factory setting: I want to clean off all personal info and photos so I can give away https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-to-factory-setting/8a2f17d0-0d42-44ea-88b8-0c220f939493"
  7. Restore to factory setting

Restore to factory setting: How to restore factory settings? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-to-factory-setting/71ba4664-24a5-4be5-9cfd-2d912ea781d7
  8. Restore to Factory setting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Restore to Factory setting: I decided to restore laptop lenovo ideapad since it was running slow but it said there was a problem and nothing changed. I then clicked on startup repair and it said it was something about strttrail so i end up doing command and putting it ‘chkdisk /r /f c:’ and the problem...
  9. Restore to factory settings

Restore to factory settings: Hi I want to restore my pc to factory settings since I someone got signed in as a temporary user. I've tried many solutions to fix it but no luck. So my last option may only be to do factory reset. But here again...another problem. When I go into recovery I don't have the...
  10. restore computer to factory settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    restore computer to factory settings: I'm returning this computer to seller and I want to restore to factory settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-computer-to-factory-settings/2743d7b9-e0f4-40d4-beb6-af070a6d1c93

Users found this page by searching for:

1. restore laptop keeps going to hi there