Windows 10: RestoreHealth did not work, attempting (and failing) clean install...

Discus and support RestoreHealth did not work, attempting (and failing) clean install... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Running W10 Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.959). Previous system restore point did not free me of all issues I was having. I tried to use DISM to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DerekW10, Aug 10, 2020.

1. DerekW10 Win User

RestoreHealth did not work, attempting (and failing) clean install...

Running W10 Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.959).

Previous system restore point did not free me of all issues I was having. I tried to use DISM to restore my image but it would fix errors even with a clean source.

I have now attempted a few times to fully re-install windows and am getting FIRST_BOOT error at BOOT phase. At this point I have all my files backed and am just looking to cleanly install W10. I also tried to boot into a USB loaded with image files as well to no avail.

Once I reinstall windows and load my files I have an extra 1TB drive to put a clean system image on.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

DerekW10, Aug 10, 2020

2. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Aug 10, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Updates fails to install even after multiple attempts.

Checking for updates after following the steps, Will inform on the progress of the update process and whether this solves it or nope. Thank you for the suggestion.

[Update]
    The Trick didn't work.

RestoreHealth did not work, attempting (and failing) clean install... [​IMG]

RestoreHealth did not work, attempting (and failing) clean install... [​IMG]

The Security Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3074681) which was available, failed to install. And the same story again..

Shadow Delta, Aug 10, 2020
  4. chideock Win User

KB4025339 Fails Install 0x80070564

Thanks
    I am trying Eagle 51's suggestions now. Windows Update troubleshooter found a bunch of errors and fixed all but one.The update is trying to download KB4025339 again. I'll see what happens. At step one troubleshooter finishes with one error unresolved "Potential Windows Update Database Error Detected-Not Fixed". Windows update stalled at 0%.

At step 2 same troubleshooter error. The KB finished a new download failed to install.
    Did step 3 KB has downloaded but fails to install.

If Eagle's suggestion doesn't work I'll try EdTittel's suggestion

Tried bothe Eagle & Ed 's suggestions - do not work. Anyone else?

I have noticed that the latest update for my nvidia drivers has failed to update. Wondering about that!

chideock, Aug 10, 2020
Thema:

1. RestoreHealth did not work, attempting (and failing) clean install... - Similar Threads - RestoreHealth did attempting

2. Getting bluescreens during attempted Clean Install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting bluescreens during attempted Clean Install: Hello,My whole problem started around 2 days ago when attempting to install a windows update and my PC crashed. This ended up changing core kernel folders to be unusable, and leading booting anywhere near windows completely useless.I accepted I pretty much needed to make sure...
  3. Getting bluescreens during attempted Clean Install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting bluescreens during attempted Clean Install: Hello,My whole problem started around 2 days ago when attempting to install a windows update and my PC crashed. This ended up changing core kernel folders to be unusable, and leading booting anywhere near windows completely useless.I accepted I pretty much needed to make sure...
  4. Getting bluescreens during attempted Clean Install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Restorehealth failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restorehealth failed: I am unable to download and install Windows 11 update 22H2. I recieve error code x800706ba. Restarting does not resolve the issue.An issue was detected with system files. I attempted to resolve this using the help files. Below is the sequence that I encountered using...
  6. Restorehealth failed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restorehealth failed: I am unable to download and install Windows 11 update 22H2. I recieve error code x800706ba. Restarting does not resolve the issue.An issue was detected with system files. I attempted to resolve this using the help files. Below is the sequence that I encountered using...
  7. Remote Desktop, "Your credentials did not work" / "The login attempt failed"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote Desktop, "Your credentials did not work" / "The login attempt failed": I have two PCs in my home at present, one is a laptop and the other is a desktop/tower. Both are fully up to date and running Windows 10 Professional. Both operate fine on their own accord, but I cannot get Remote Desktop to work between them. The laptop is operating on...
  8. Clean installing keep failing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Clean installing keep failing: As it say in the title, windows 10 keep failing during installation. I tried with the Windows Media Tool and with an ISO and rufus. It keep failing at the last stage, which say "being completed". It does install,as I can see in the window to install Windows,the ssd started at...
  9. Update install attempts failing

Update install attempts failing: Hi, I have recently been unable to successfully install an update: 2018-07 cumulative update for windows 10 version 1803 for x64-based systems (KB4338819). The error code comes up as 0x800f0922. For context, the update for 2018-06 cumulative update for windows 10 version...
  10. Did I really clean install?

Did I really clean install?: Hi, I just noticed I may have not perform a real clean installation: I created a bootable USB stick using Rufus, which wasn't detected by my BIOS, so inside Windows I simply plugged the USB stick, double-clicked on the drive under "This PC" and clicked on setup.exe that...