Windows 10: restoring a backup after a factory reboot

Discus and support restoring a backup after a factory reboot in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My computer ran into an issue where I needed to reboot it to factory default to get it to start again. Before I rebooted it I backed it up on an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by sarahhughes5, Oct 25, 2020.

1. restoring a backup after a factory reboot

My computer ran into an issue where I needed to reboot it to factory default to get it to start again. Before I rebooted it I backed it up on an external hard drive.

How do I install the backup to return my computer to the way it was?

when I search for solution I keep getting caught in a loop of articles about creating backups and restoring the computer to factory default settings but I need to know what to do next.

It's an HP envy x360, windows 10

please help!

:)

sarahhughes5, Oct 25, 2020
  2. sumasage Win User

Free hard drive backup/restore program?

I am looking for a free (freeware) program that will back up and restore a hard drive. I'm looking to clone a few external hard drives. If the program will backup the used space instead of the whole drive this will be awesome! Thanks for any suggestions.

sumasage, Oct 25, 2020
  3. Free hard drive backup/restore program?

Obviously you're looking for something besides your Xp Pro utility that does this?

thoughtdisorder, Oct 25, 2020
  4. gigatexel Win User

restoring a backup after a factory reboot

6680 restore backup

my 6680 started to act funny

i decided to take a full backup with the nokia content copier, which resulted in a backup file on my pc

i restored the factory settings and rebooted the phone

now, when i choose to restore the backup, the transfer completes, the phone reboots (i get a warning that the phone is disconnected)

the content copier just stays active (i can only click cancel, i dont know if that is normal)

when i browse the phone, NOTHING is restored!

i tried rebooting the phone several times and installed the latest pc suite

the nokia site suggests to minimize the scope of the backup (eg. only choose contacts) but i cannot deselect the other options like text messages, calendar etc

could someone help? i've lost 100+ contacts now restoring a backup after a factory reboot :(

gigatexel, Oct 25, 2020
Thema:

restoring a backup after a factory reboot

1. restoring a backup after a factory reboot - Similar Threads - restoring backup factory

2. Microsoft failing after factory restore

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft failing after factory restore: Hi all,I recently did a factory reset of one of my PCs. After the reset, I got a User Profile failed to load, and I can no longer log into my PC. I have tried to restore the pc, factory reset the pc again, use various bootrec.exe functions, chkdsk functions, repair from...
  3. Microsoft failing after factory restore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft failing after factory restore: Hi all,I recently did a factory reset of one of my PCs. After the reset, I got a User Profile failed to load, and I can no longer log into my PC. I have tried to restore the pc, factory reset the pc again, use various bootrec.exe functions, chkdsk functions, repair from...
  4. Microsoft failing after factory restore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Restoring a backup after Factory Reset

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Restoring a backup after Factory Reset: I recently got stuck in a Windows Recovery loop after uninstalling adware off my computer. I’ve now done a factory reset but before I did, I backed up my personal files and settings to an external hard drive. I can view the files in File Explorer but can’t find a way to...
  6. Microsoft stuck in reboot after factory settings restored

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft stuck in reboot after factory settings restored: Hello I reset factory settings on my surface pro and now it is stuck in a reboot cycle. The message says: “Instal windows - the computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install Windows click ok to restart...
  7. Problems After Restoring to Factory Settings

Problems After Restoring to Factory Settings: <p>Hi, </p><p>My laptop Windows 10 came up with a notice out of nowhere saying that there was a boot configuration problem. I restored the laptop to factory settings as it wouldn't let me back up any of my files.</p><p>Since doing this my laptop has been having some issues...
  8. Restore Apps after reboot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Restore Apps after reboot: I'm looking at possibly coming back from OS X to Win10. I've reset my Win10 machine & am setting back up, but one of the things I really like about OS X is when I have to reboot, all of my Apps that are active on my system, all reopen automatically, on the correct virtual...
  9. Factory Restore

Factory Restore: Im trying to factory restore my computer, it says there isnt enough memory. I've deleted everything that I can find to take off, how can i get past this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/factory-restore/7a475a11-8592-411c-b653-d8fa46dbc555
  10. Factory restore

Factory restore: Hi I live in China and bought a Lenovo computer with Chinese settings. I purchased Windows 10 Pro for English Language settings. I now want to do factory reset which, I presume, will return it to Chinese mode. How do I reinstall Windows 10 Pro? Thank you. David...