Windows 10: Restoring a backup after Factory Reset

Discus and support Restoring a backup after Factory Reset in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I recently got stuck in a Windows Recovery loop after uninstalling adware off my computer. I’ve now done a factory reset but before I did, I backed up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SilverEmeralds, Oct 25, 2020.

1. Restoring a backup after Factory Reset

I recently got stuck in a Windows Recovery loop after uninstalling adware off my computer. I’ve now done a factory reset but before I did, I backed up my personal files and settings to an external hard drive. I can view the files in File Explorer but can’t find a way to recover them. Any suggestions are appreciated.

(Fyi: I’m not very tech savvy and might not understand you initially)

submitted by /u/SilverEmeralds
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/SilverEmeralds, Oct 25, 2020

2. Nokia C7 Backup, Factory Reset and then Restore?

Hi,

I am having a few problems with my phone and am thinking of doing a Factory reset and backup restore. Does anyone have any experience with this? If so could you answer any of the following.

1) The factory reset has two options - Factory Reset and Factory Reset with Data. What is the difference between the two?

Factory Reset = What settings are reset? I assume all installed applications / data is maintained?

Factory Reset and Data = I assume this is similar to the other reset but it also removes all custom data from the two internal memory areas (phone and mass memory)? Am I right in thinking that anything on the micro SD card is kept?

2) Phone Back up & Restore? Does anyone know what data/settings are backed up and can be restored? As an example, if I performed a full backup of my phone (including music and ringtones) and then did a full factory reset including data, would the restore
    put my phone back in exactly the same postition I was in when the phone was backed up and before the factory reset? Does this include homescreen and menu format changes? On my 6700 the restore would only restore apps / settings but not menu structure and I
    had to reinstall apps installed on my external memory stick (such as Opera).

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

smjohns---01, Oct 25, 2020
  3. Smartin75 Win User
    Unable to restore Lumia 950, no backups found during factory reset

Hi, yes, I would like to restore SMS, MMS etc. from Lumia 640 to Lumia 950. Problem is, that no backup is offered

during factory reset. So I've setup Lumia 950 without restore, created backup from 950 to test backup funcionality and performed factory reset again. No backup was offered during factory reset.

You can see my backups here:

Restoring a backup after Factory Reset 80a98ea0-e6f3-49b1-8f4e-0b43f4de363c.png

Thanks

Smartin75, Oct 25, 2020
  4. Restoring a backup after Factory Reset

Nokia C7 Backup, Factory Reset and then Restore?

Nokia store shows you which apps you've installed in the past and allows you to download anything which you've already paid for in the past. I tried factory resetting my phone recently and the backup and restore was a joke. If I had to do it again I'd
    only back up my contacts. I can't rely on a phone that doesn't backup and restore perfectly, because hidden problems can remain.

bumblebirra, Oct 25, 2020
Thema:

Restoring a backup after Factory Reset

1. Restoring a backup after Factory Reset - Similar Threads - Restoring backup Factory

2. Restoring a user account after factory reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restoring a user account after factory reset: I have a computer with me as the main user, and my son as a secondary user. He recently did a factory reset on the computer. I've restored my account to the computer, but when I try to add his account as a secondary user, windows tells me his account is already on the...
  3. Restoring a user account after factory reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restoring a user account after factory reset: I have a computer with me as the main user, and my son as a secondary user. He recently did a factory reset on the computer. I've restored my account to the computer, but when I try to add his account as a secondary user, windows tells me his account is already on the...
  4. restore files after unintentional factory reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    restore files after unintentional factory reset: I moved my ssd to different hardware but failed so i had to get the data erased in order for it to work , exept i really wanted my data all intact because all i wanted is to use my laptop again ....
  5. restore files after unintentional factory reset

restore files after unintentional factory reset: I moved my ssd to different hardware but failed so i had to get the data erased in order for it to work , exept i really wanted my data all intact because all i wanted is to use my laptop again ....
  6. restore files after unintentional factory reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. File history backup not working after factory reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File history backup not working after factory reset: My asus laptop recently came back from a warranty repair and beforehand I backed it up on by external hard drive and now after I go to restore from backup it doesn’t let me restore from the backup. Is there a way to do this or do I have to manually drag them from the folder...
  8. File history backup not working after factory reset

File history backup not working after factory reset: My asus laptop recently came back from a warranty repair and beforehand I backed it up on by external hard drive and now after I go to restore from backup it doesn’t let me restore from the backup. Is there a way to do this or do I have to manually drag them from the folder...
  9. restoring a backup after a factory reboot

restoring a backup after a factory reboot: My computer ran into an issue where I needed to reboot it to factory default to get it to start again. Before I rebooted it I backed it up on an external hard drive. How do I install the backup to return my computer to the way it was? when I search for solution I keep...
  10. Factory Reset Backup

Factory Reset Backup: Hello! I'm planning on factory resetting/full resetting my computer, resetting all settings and deleting all apps. However, I want to save/back up some apps, but don't have an external drive/usb to spare. Any idea on how I could backup my files? Any answer is appreciated!...