Windows 10: Restoring a backup from an older laptop to a new one.

Discus and support Restoring a backup from an older laptop to a new one. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I purchased a new Dell xps 13 with windows 10 to replace an older one. I backed up my old one before purchasing the new one but cannot find out how to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MichaelGraydon, Apr 30, 2019.

1. Restoring a backup from an older laptop to a new one.

I purchased a new Dell xps 13 with windows 10 to replace an older one. I backed up my old one before purchasing the new one but cannot find out how to restore the backup on to my new laptop?

:)

MichaelGraydon, Apr 30, 2019

2. Windows Phone 10: How do I restore an older backup ?

I have a Lumia 640 with Windows Phone 10 OS and lets just say something happened and I need to restore a backup.

I want to know 2 things:

• How do I restore a backup.
    • How can I change the backup to an older one.

For 1. I want to know the steps I need to take to restore a backup because most ways I found on the internet are focused on users that want to transfer to a new phone. I think I need to reset my phone and it will ask me if I want to restore from a backup
    but here comes the 2.

I accidentally pressed "Back up now" after the thing that happened and I believe that overwrote my good backup. My good backup was taken automatically on 18 December (yesterday) and I accidentally made another backup with all the stuff broken on 19 December
    (today). So I want the older backup, not the newest.

Please reply ASAP. I can only use my phone as a plain phone and not as an actual Smart Phone until I get this done.

MainGoldDragon, Apr 30, 2019
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Restoring a backup from an older laptop to a new one. [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Apr 30, 2019
  4. sumasage Win User

Restoring a backup from an older laptop to a new one.

Free hard drive backup/restore program?

I am looking for a free (freeware) program that will back up and restore a hard drive. I'm looking to clone a few external hard drives. If the program will backup the used space instead of the whole drive this will be awesome! Thanks for any suggestions.

sumasage, Apr 30, 2019
Thema:

Restoring a backup from an older laptop to a new one.

1. Restoring a backup from an older laptop to a new one. - Similar Threads - Restoring backup older

2. Restore only ONE program from backup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restore only ONE program from backup: Is this possible through MS backup?I found the backup and see the program in there.or is/are there other programs that will do this?thank, you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-only-one-program-from-backup/c4a93cd0-cbda-4e06-a6a2-93d19ab6a76f
  3. Restore only ONE program from backup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restore only ONE program from backup: Is this possible through MS backup?I found the backup and see the program in there.or is/are there other programs that will do this?thank, you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-only-one-program-from-backup/c4a93cd0-cbda-4e06-a6a2-93d19ab6a76f
  4. Restore only ONE program from backup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Older Backup & Restore Windows 7 Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Older Backup & Restore Windows 7 Problem: Hello, while running backup, I get an error that reads:EPNetUpdater.exe stopped working:DescriptionFaulting application name: EPNetUpdater.exe, version: 8.60.6.7011, time stamp: 0x60018184Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000Exception code:...
  6. Older Backup & Restore Windows 7 Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Older Backup & Restore Windows 7 Problem: Hello, while running backup, I get an error that reads:EPNetUpdater.exe stopped working:DescriptionFaulting application name: EPNetUpdater.exe, version: 8.60.6.7011, time stamp: 0x60018184Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000Exception code:...
  7. Older Backup & Restore Windows 7 Problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. restore a backup from old computer to a new one - both windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    restore a backup from old computer to a new one - both windows 10: how do i restore a backup from my old computer to my new one - backup files are on an SD card https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-a-backup-from-old-computer-to-a-new-one/ba22eb2a-e6c7-4b39-8fe1-931b7ea2b786
  9. Restore a backup from one laptop to another laptop

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Restore a backup from one laptop to another laptop: Hello, I just broke my laptop (Asus S510UN, it's an i7, 16GB, NVME) it slipped from my hands and fell. I am looking to buy another of the same configuration may not be the same brand. Too bad, because it was recent (2018), worked very well and I took a while to install all...
  10. Unable to Restore New Laptop from Backup of Old Laptop

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Unable to Restore New Laptop from Backup of Old Laptop: I was having keyboard problems with my Lenovo Flex 5. It was still under warranty so I sent the laptop back to Lenovo at their request. Before I sent it to them I ran a backup to an external hard drive. The files are located in a file labeled "File History". They sent me a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. restoring backup from usb to new laptop