Windows 10: Restoring a Backup ("We can't sign in to your account")

Discus and support Restoring a Backup ("We can't sign in to your account") in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I recently uninstalled Anaconda2 (a way of accessing Python2) from my laptop, using the normal uninstall settings, however for some unknown reason... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by James_DS, Feb 26, 2019.

1. James_DS Win User

Restoring a Backup ("We can't sign in to your account")

I recently uninstalled Anaconda2 (a way of accessing Python2) from my laptop, using the normal uninstall settings, however for some unknown reason instead of uninstalling the Anaconda2 files it uninstalled/deleted my entire C drive, containing all my personal files, before I caught on to what it was doing. One saviour is that I recently backed up my files onto a hard drive. Unfortunately, whenever I try to log into windows I sign in with my windows password on the startup login screen, then it comes up with the message "We can't sign in to your account", with the only suggested solution to log back out then re-login, at which point I'm stuck in a loop. It then logs in as some sort of guest, where it won't save anything I do even if I then go and sign in to my windows account manually. I restored my files having logged in to my windows account within the temporary user account, but as soon as I restarted the computer it had all disappeared. Any help would be greatly appreciated, there must be some way to restore my files so that it knows who I am again and won't just load a guest sign-in. I tried the System File Checker found here, but to no avail: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/4027881/windows-10-we-cant-sign-in-to-your-account.

Thanks

:)

James_DS, Feb 26, 2019

2. Don't have any function for backup

Hi Iris,

Let's work together on this. We suggest that you follow the following steps to apply the backup to your Windows Phone:

• Sign into the same Microsoft Account used for the backup creation.
    • When prompted to use a backup to restore the handset, select the desired backup and hit ‘next’ to continue with the process.
    • The backup will then download (duration will vary depending on speed of connection and size of backup), you can then enter passwords for restored accounts there and then or configure restored email and social accounts later.

Let us know the results.

Regards.

Justin Sor, Feb 26, 2019
  3. Iris100YS Win User
    Don't have any function for backup

No, I stil can not find any backup for Windows 8.1 phone, nowhere.

Iris100YS, Feb 26, 2019
  4. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Feb 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Restoring a Backup ("We can't sign in to your account") - Similar Threads - Restoring Backup can't

2. We can't sign in to your account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    We can't sign in to your account: After 2 windows updates KB5036892 and KB5037036 were installed last night, 4-9-2024, automatically, I get the "We can't sign in to your account" message when booting up the computer. I have tried numerous times rebooting, resigning in, and nothing changes.I have tried turning...
  3. We can't sign in to your account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    We can't sign in to your account: After 2 windows updates KB5036892 and KB5037036 were installed last night, 4-9-2024, automatically, I get the "We can't sign in to your account" message when booting up the computer. I have tried numerous times rebooting, resigning in, and nothing changes.I have tried turning...
  4. We can't sign in to your account

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. "We can't sign in to your account"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "We can't sign in to your account": The power blinked off while Windows Defender was running a full scan. McAfee is also installed. When computer turned on again the message appeared. I'm wondering if my files are okay and how to fix this problem.If I have to boot in safe mode, can I boot out of safe mode...
  6. "We can't sign in to your account"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "We can't sign in to your account": The power blinked off while Windows Defender was running a full scan. McAfee is also installed. When computer turned on again the message appeared. I'm wondering if my files are okay and how to fix this problem.If I have to boot in safe mode, can I boot out of safe mode...
  7. We Can't Sign In To Your Account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    We Can't Sign In To Your Account: I am using Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview Evaluation Copy Build 20226.rs_prerelease.200925-1415 I rebooted this morning and now I get the error: We can't sign in to your account This problem can often be fixed by signing out of your account and then signing back in If...
  8. we can't sign in to your account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    we can't sign in to your account: should I delete the latest update? Worked OK before. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/we-cant-sign-in-to-your-account/aced66a1-4310-4e32-9cc9-5b8ec4a5b787
  9. We can't sign in to your account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    We can't sign in to your account: We can't sign in to your account. This keeps poping up on sign in and will not sign into my account. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/we-cant-sign-in-to-your-account/66e7b505-383f-4ef6-a78a-ce3cfd9f83dd
  10. We can't sign into your account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    We can't sign into your account: We can't sign into your account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/we-cant-sign-into-your-account/04097ddc-63ad-413e-a978-d132fd4bac02