Windows 10: Restoring a functional W.L.M. icon to the Task Bar

Discus and support Restoring a functional W.L.M. icon to the Task Bar in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I recently added an icon to the QuickLaunch, that made it over-flow, but have since 'corrected' that so it no longer over-flows. By co-incidence or... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Sebastian42, Jul 28, 2020.

1. Restoring a functional W.L.M. icon to the Task Bar

I recently added an icon to the QuickLaunch, that made it over-flow, but have since 'corrected' that so it no longer over-flows. By co-incidence or otherwise, Windows Live Mail icon no longer displays as an UNhidden icon with the tell-tale-mark indicating that new mail has arrived. Yesterday the icon-with-the-mark still showed IN the systray but NOT outside it like it used to, and today the icon-inside-the-systray no longer even showed the tell-tale-mark of new email having arrived. How can I restore the former behaviour of a W.L.M.-icon-with-the-mark appearing OUTSIDE the systray after new mail has arrived ?

:)

Sebastian42, Jul 28, 2020

2. Restoring a functional W.L.M. icon to the Task Bar

I recently added an icon to the QuickLaunch, that made it over-flow, but have since 'corrected' that so it no longer over-flows. By co-incidence or otherwise, Windows Live Mail icon no longer displays as an UNhidden icon with the tell-tale-mark indicating that new mail has arrived. Yesterday the icon-with-the-mark still showed IN the systray but NOT outside it like it used to, and today the icon-inside-the-systray no longer even showed the tell-tale-mark of new email having arrived. How can I restore the former behaviour of a W.L.M.-icon-with-the-mark appearing OUTSIDE the systray after new mail has arrived ?

Sebastian42, Jul 29, 2020
  3. restore icon to task bar

how do I restore the power icon to task bar

JamesJett1940, Jul 29, 2020
  4. Restoring a functional W.L.M. icon to the Task Bar

No Icons visible in task bar, Win 10

Hi Richard,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are facing issues with icons in the Task bar after November update, do let us know the following:

• Is this issue confined only with icons in the Task bar?
    • What happens when you try to click on those icons?
    • What exactly do you mean by: "they are there but not visible"?

Method 1: If you are referring to showing up of different icons in Task in System tray, I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key from the Keyboard, type
      Turn system icons On or Off
      and select it.
    • Try to turn on the icons that are visible.

Method 2:

Step 1: If not, I suggest you to place the computer in safe mode and check if the icons are visible to access.

Refer: Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

If the issue still persists,

Step 2: This issue might have occurred due to corrupted or missing system files after the update. I suggest you to place the computer in normal mode and try to perform SFC scan.

Steps: Place the computer in normal mode.

• Press Windows + R keys to open
      Run command.
    • Type msconfig and press
      Enter
    • In the System Configuration
      window, click on General tab.
    • Select Start-up selection as Normal startup, click on Apply and Ok.
    • Follow onscreen instructions.

Perform SFC scan, System File Checkeris a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin)
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue with required information, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 29, 2020
Thema:

Restoring a functional W.L.M. icon to the Task Bar

1. Restoring a functional W.L.M. icon to the Task Bar - Similar Threads - Restoring functional icon

2. task bar icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    task bar icons: Here are the icons on one display and:Here is the 2nd display...how do I make the icons on display 2 the larger ones with the names like display 1? Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar-icons/3e596665-1254-4afa-9bfd-64c831b982c4
  3. Task bar not functioning properly

Task bar not functioning properly: I was using my computer and I went down to my task bar and when I hovered over open apps or programs, the window preview was not showing up. All that came up was the name of the application. This happened whether it was open or closed and it would not go away unless I opened...
  4. Task Bar Icons

Task Bar Icons: Why are certain taskbar icons grayed out, and how can I make them reappear? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar-icons/9791345e-32f4-4714-bb2a-fac027ff537d
  5. Restoring a functional W.L.M. icon to the Task Bar

in Windows 10 Support
    Restoring a functional W.L.M. icon to the Task Bar: I recently added an icon to the QuickLaunch, that made it over-flow, but have since 'corrected' that so it no longer over-flows. By co-incidence or otherwise, Windows Live Mail icon no longer displays as an UNhidden icon with the tell-tale-mark indicating that new mail has...
  6. TASK BAR ICONS

TASK BAR ICONS: SOMEHOW ANOTHER THE TASK BAR ICONS HAVE MOVED ON ME ALSO THE TIMEHAS DISSAPPEARED .. THEY ARE ALL TOGETHER INSTEAD OF SPACED OUT.. I MIGHT HAVE CLIKED ON SOMETHING BUT DONT THINK I DID.. HOW TO MOVE THEM BACKTO DEFAULT POSTION TO THE BOTTOM RIGHT CONCER?? PLZ HELP, THANKS...
  7. task bar icons

task bar icons: The battery indicator (icon) of my task bar disappears time to time.The solutions that are provided by Micro Soft at the first stage do not work. Please help me to overcome this problem....
  8. Task bar Icons

Task bar Icons: Why do icons in my task bar show at several different levels at bottom of screen? They all used to be in one line. How do I realign them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar-icons/7eba5fc4-cb50-4913-8a7c-0894a9ae651b
  9. Non functioning task bar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Non functioning task bar: I followed online advice to go into Task manager processes and press end task for Windows explorer. I was following a path to Press the Windows key + R and then type in " explorer.exe " and click enter. After the first step of ending the task no window appeared to permit me...
  10. restore icon to task bar

restore icon to task bar: how do I restore the power icon to task bar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-icon-to-task-bar/2a9d07d8-7095-45c1-9680-b4e466c7fd3b