Windows 10: Restoring a missing driver (Bluetooth in my case)

Discus and support Restoring a missing driver (Bluetooth in my case) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm running Windows 10 Version 20H2, Build 19042.985. l've accidentally lost one of the Bluetooth drivers while trying to connect to my headphones,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by pwabrahams, May 17, 2021.

1. Restoring a missing driver (Bluetooth in my case)

I'm running Windows 10 Version 20H2, Build 19042.985. l've accidentally lost one of the Bluetooth drivers while trying to connect to my headphones, There are many posts about the "Bluetooth failed to connect" problem and many suggested remedies, most of which require uninstalling or deactivating a Bluetooth device. In Device Manager, if you click on the Bluetooth device, you're supposed to see five subdevices: Bluetooth Device, Intel Wireless, Broadcomm, Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator. and Microsoft Bluetooth LE Enumerator. Most of the suggested remedies for the did-not-connect problem require disabling or uninstalling a one of these devices and restarting. In my flailing around for a solution to my problem, I tried a third alternative which apparently exists only for the Broadcomm device: deleting the driver. After doing that and restarting, I had not gotten a connection, but the third subdevice, the Broadcomm one, had vanished, I had also lost several other devices that had shown up previously. Restarting ordinarily restores missing components, but in this case it did not. Try as I might, I could not get the Broadcomm device to come back. Rebooting did not help. So where can I find the missing driver, and how can I reinstall it?

:)

pwabrahams, May 17, 2021
  2. Tranbol Win User

No bluetooth after system restore

Thank you for your reply.

I mean I have used a Windows system restore point. I tried restoring bluetooth with commands in CMD (sfc/scannow; DISM /Online.....) and by updating and uninstalling devices in the device manager. Update did not work. Uninstalling bluetooth devices made Bluetooth disappear out of the hidden devices list.
    All my steps I took worked but did not change anything in my bluetooth device list.

I am using the bluetooth of my mainboard. MSI Z370M Gaming Pro AC
    My guess would be, that disabling the bluetooth network adapter before using a system restore point, disabled Bluetooth after using the system restore point.

In the device manager I get this message in the USB Device list for a unknown USB Device:
    Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)
    A request for the USB device descriptor failed.

Tranbol, May 17, 2021
  3. Mohan B P Win User
    How to restore bluetooth in WIndows 10?

Hi Jerry,

To assist you better, let us know the following details.

• What is the exact issue your are facing with the Bluetooth?
    • What is the make and model of your system?
    • When you say "restore Bluetooth in Windows 10" what exactly are you referring to?
    • Are you referring to the missing Bluetooth drivers from the system?

If you are unable to see Bluetooth drivers in Device Manager, I suggest you to try installing them from the manufacturer's website.

Kindly write back to us with the detailed description of the issue.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, May 17, 2021
  4. Restoring a missing driver (Bluetooth in my case)

Bluetooth not working

Hi,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your Bluetooth, we would like to know the following:

• Are you getting any error messages? If yes, what is the error message?
    • Have you tried installing the latest Bluetooth driver from the manufacturer's website?

As an initial troubleshooting to isolate the issue, we suggest that you try pairing your Android phone to your Bluetooth dongle. If it connects, there is a possibility that you missed some steps in paring your headphone to your dongle. If this is the case,
    we suggest that you refer and check your headphone's manual for the proper setup/pairing, or contact your headphone's manufacturer.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, May 17, 2021
Thema:

Restoring a missing driver (Bluetooth in my case)

1. Restoring a missing driver (Bluetooth in my case) - Similar Threads - Restoring missing driver

2. Bluetooth Driver Missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth Driver Missing: Hello. Recently I have been trying to connect bluetooth devices to my Windows 11 computer. I have never connected devices through bluetooth to this computer before. Whenever I try to connect a device, it says it cannot be "found", even though I know that the device itself...
  3. Bluetooth drivers missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth drivers missing: GreetingsI have been trying to fix my Bluetooth problem all day …So I tried all the steps from this site : https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/fix-bluetooth-problems-in-windows-723e092f-03fa-858b-5c80-131ec3fba75cNothing helped I uninstalled and reinstalled all the...
  4. Bluetooth drivers missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth drivers missing: GreetingsI have been trying to fix my Bluetooth problem all day …So I tried all the steps from this site : https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/fix-bluetooth-problems-in-windows-723e092f-03fa-858b-5c80-131ec3fba75cNothing helped I uninstalled and reinstalled all the...
  5. restoring the bluetooth driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    restoring the bluetooth driver: In my frantic efforts to solve the "bluetooth paired but not connected" problem, I seem to have removed the bluetooth driver altogther. How can I get it back? I'm running Build 19042.964. And has the bluetooth problem been solved yet? My search for a solution has only...
  6. restoring the bluetooth driver

in Windows 10 Support
    restoring the bluetooth driver: In my frantic efforts to solve the "bluetooth paired but not connected" problem, I seem to have removed the bluetooth driver altogther. How can I get it back? I'm running Build 19042.964. And has the bluetooth problem been solved yet? My search for a solution has only...
  7. My Bluetooth driver is missing

My Bluetooth driver is missing: When I open my Bluetooth, there is no on/off toggler https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-bluetooth-driver-is-missing/f9fd1181-eb99-4ce7-8044-b2b95bea76f5
  8. my bluetooth driver is missing

my bluetooth driver is missing: My Bluetooth driver icon is not showing in the device manager list. I am not able to use the Bluetooth. Please tell me the solution. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-bluetooth-driver-is-missing/c17029d1-bd63-498c-ba84-a02f5edebd3e
  9. Missing Bluetooth Driver

Missing Bluetooth Driver: my device didnt come with bluetooth drivers and ive searched all over the web looking for where to download it from please I need help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-bluetooth-driver/64d10d9c-f59d-4b68-81b2-835de2686fb6
  10. Bluetooth Driver Missing

Bluetooth Driver Missing: I somehow messed up trying to fix my Bluetooth driver. I noticed that my Bluetooth driver wasn't working, so I tried using the "DriverToolKit" or "DriverHub" or whatever. The point is, they weren't that helpful. So I tried a risky move, I went to device manager, I...