Windows 10: Restoring a Windows image file

Discus and support Restoring a Windows image file in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm getting a new laptop and I was wondering if I a create a disk image, using Windows Backup and Retore from the Control Panel, of the old laptop, if... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Jack Smook, Jun 3, 2023.

1. Restoring a Windows image file

I'm getting a new laptop and I was wondering if I a create a disk image, using Windows Backup and Retore from the Control Panel, of the old laptop, if I could use the Restore feature on the new laptop or would it screw up the drivers and what not? I would hate to start updating and reinstalling apps if I couldn't.

:)

Jack Smook, Jun 3, 2023
  2. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Restoring a Windows image file 42853d1485958256t-restoring-windows-10-image-using-macrium-reflect-.jpg
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Jun 3, 2023
  3. [HELP]Image recovery issues

Guys i am trying to fix my cousins Asus Eee netbook. It has a backup image file that is partitioned on the hard drive but when I go to use it the app will run through a few steps and stop. It is running Vista . Any suggestions?

Rapidfire48, Jun 3, 2023
  4. W1zzard Win User

Restoring a Windows image file

Increase image file upload size cap

that's a good idea

W1zzard, Jun 3, 2023
Thema:

Restoring a Windows image file

1. Restoring a Windows image file - Similar Threads - Restoring image file

2. Restoring a Windows image file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restoring a Windows image file: I'm getting a new laptop and I was wondering if I a create a disk image, using Windows Backup and Retore from the Control Panel, of the old laptop, if I could use the Restore feature on the new laptop or would it screw up the drivers and what not? I would hate to start...
  3. Problem with Restore from Windows 10 Image File

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with Restore from Windows 10 Image File: I Win10 Pro and I need to restore from a system image backup I created in Dec 2021. I go through the advanced start-up, choose troubleshoot, advanced options, system image recovery.After rebooting, the process can't find the system image, It's stored in C:\WindowsImageBackup....
  4. Problem with Restore from Windows 10 Image File

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with Restore from Windows 10 Image File: I Win10 Pro and I need to restore from a system image backup I created in Dec 2021. I go through the advanced start-up, choose troubleshoot, advanced options, system image recovery.After rebooting, the process can't find the system image, It's stored in C:\WindowsImageBackup....
  5. Problem with Restore from Windows 10 Image File

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Can't restore files in File History after restoring system with an image backup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't restore files in File History after restoring system with an image backup: After a recent win 10 update completely immobilized my hard drive, I was forced to backup the drive from a saved image. The system restored fine, but when I try to restore my files backed up through File History, I get into an endless loop of identifying the drive with the...
  7. Can't restore files in File History after restoring system with an image backup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't restore files in File History after restoring system with an image backup: After a recent win 10 update completely immobilized my hard drive, I was forced to backup the drive from a saved image. The system restored fine, but when I try to restore my files backed up through File History, I get into an endless loop of identifying the drive with the...
  8. Can't restore files in File History after restoring system with an image backup

9. Windows Reset and Image Restore - recovering files

Windows Reset and Image Restore - recovering files: I had a BSOD that I couldn't repair on Win10, so I did a Windows reset with the option to keep my documents. That worked, and I should have stopped there, but I had the grand plan of moving the documents to another internal drive, and restoring a system image from last year...
  10. Restoring files from file history after having restored a system image?

Restoring files from file history after having restored a system image?: My system wasn't working right so I restored it from a complete system image taken on March 31 It's now April 11. The restore went smoothly and everything is working well again. However, I had numerous updated documents since the system backup on March 31. When I try to...