Windows 10: Restoring Apps and Data

Discus and support Restoring Apps and Data in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Backed up my C:\ drive containing Windows 10 Home and all my other apps and the downloads I don't want to delete*. Synched personal files drive with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by GregCowling, Dec 30, 2018.

1. Restoring Apps and Data

Backed up my C:\ drive containing Windows 10 Home and all my other apps and the downloads I don't want to delete*. Synched personal files drive with another PC.

While I was in the midst of doing something else the PC began installing Windows 10 Version 1803 x64 and there was no stopping it. Now in the process of cycling through all the updates.

I don't know what version of Windows 10 was installed before all this happened. What part of my backup should I not restore so that I do not disturb Windows but restore everything else? Or is that not possible?

* I used EaseUS ToDo Backup, not Microsoft backup.

:)

GregCowling, Dec 30, 2018
  2. MPREv Win User

Clearing (and restoring) Private data

Hi I have some Questions about „cleaning“ up or removing personal/private data & configuration from a Windows 10 PC.

It is about a PC that should be sent to the Vendor to get repaired.
    It is not my PC but from a friend.
    Usually in such a case I would create an image from the System and reset the OS to factory settings to wipe the data/settings.
    But this time I don’t have enough space (and will not have time for it) (Don’t need suggestions for Imaging).

The normal Data (documents, pictures …) are regularly saved / backup so not needed to be saved additionally.
    The goal would be removing / backing up the personal Data (in a fast and space saving way) to have them removed and make it possible to put them back, but not deleting /removing the installed Programs, applications and Games (Win32).

From my experience with Windows 7 or Older PCs I would also:

• Browser: backup Profile and clean it (Easy to restore)
    • Mail Program: backup Profile and clean it (Easy to restore)
    • Change User password (easy to restore)

But as for Windows 10 there are some new … implications about the

• connected Microsoft account
    • and the Apps

How to deal with them?
    How to remove / disconnect them in a way I can restore afterwards again?

MPREv, Dec 30, 2018
  3. meebers Win User
    Supported phones for Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview

Your list confirms my phone is eligible, Lumia 521. The windows Insider App fails after ~ 15 seconds, restores data and gives me error 80073cf9. I trouble shot this and went thru all the steps mentioned on several websites including MS without any luck. Short of a hard reset, this is where I am now. Suggestions appreciated.

meebers, Dec 30, 2018
  4. Restoring Apps and Data

Windows Store Apps stuck in 'restoring user data' and do not download

wsreset.exe worked for me.

It did not work immediately, the app still showed as stuck when I opened the store and I was unable to open it or remove it. But restarting my Surface, running wsreset.exe again, then restarting again, then I went to the app's store page and reinstalled
    it and it worked amazing. Here are those steps again in order:

• App gets stuck "restoring user data"
    • Restart computer
    • Run wsreset.exe
    • Restart computer
    • Go to app page in the Windows Store, "Install" should now be available. Click "Install" and it works.

Jayce Nornin, Dec 30, 2018
Thema:

Restoring Apps and Data

1. Restoring Apps and Data - Similar Threads - Restoring Apps Data

2. Restore app data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restore app data: After I moved Microsoft Journal from disk C to D, I opened it and all my journals disappeared. I checked the Documents folder, but there where only new journals. I think that this happened after moving M. Journal. Is there a way to restore the Data? I need a lot of them...
  3. Restore app data

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restore app data: After I moved Microsoft Journal from disk C to D, I opened it and all my journals disappeared. I checked the Documents folder, but there where only new journals. I think that this happened after moving M. Journal. Is there a way to restore the Data? I need a lot of them...
  4. Restore removed apps data

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Restore removed apps data: Suddenly I find online a list of removed apps and data of 1/15/2023. List was never found since the reset.How to restore all of them. Only two are shown in the blue clickable link form....
  5. Restore removed apps data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restore removed apps data: Suddenly I find online a list of removed apps and data of 1/15/2023. List was never found since the reset.How to restore all of them. Only two are shown in the blue clickable link form....
  6. Restore removed apps data

7. Restore data

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restore data: Hi, someone completed a factory reset on my business computer in error. I seem to have lost all my data and files. I really need to get everything back to how it was prior to the factory reset. Windows is in the process of resintalling. Is there anyway I can do this? If so,...
  8. Restore data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restore data: Hi, someone completed a factory reset on my business computer in error. I seem to have lost all my data and files. I really need to get everything back to how it was prior to the factory reset. Windows is in the process of resintalling. Is there anyway I can do this? If so,...
  9. Restore data

10. Data restoring

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Data restoring: Can i restore my data after a boot error code 0xc000014c https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/data-restoring/dab64e91-675b-4ed6-a0e1-2a1032e3a5af

Users found this page by searching for:

1. code to develop data restoring apps

2. how to solve windows store restoring application data

3. apps for restoring data from usb