Windows 10: restoring apps

Discus and support restoring apps in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; how do I restore apps lost when I reset my computer?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jdenson1, May 25, 2020.

1. jdenson1 Win User

restoring apps

how do I restore apps lost when I reset my computer?

:)

jdenson1, May 25, 2020
  2. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

restoring apps [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, May 25, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. restoring apps :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, May 25, 2020
  4. meebers Win User

restoring apps

Supported phones for Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview

Your list confirms my phone is eligible, Lumia 521. The windows Insider App fails after ~ 15 seconds, restores data and gives me error 80073cf9. I trouble shot this and went thru all the steps mentioned on several websites including MS without any luck. Short of a hard reset, this is where I am now. Suggestions appreciated.

meebers, May 25, 2020
Thema:

restoring apps

1. restoring apps - Similar Threads - restoring apps

2. I cannot download or install any games/apps chrome or software after preforming system restore.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot download or install any games/apps chrome or software after preforming system restore.: Edition Windows 10 ProVersion 22H2Installed on ‎15/‎01/‎2022OS build 19045.4046Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19053.1000.0I cannot download or install any games/apps chrome or software after preforming system restore.Its as if the OS is blocking me entirely....
  3. I cannot download or install any games/apps chrome or software after preforming system restore.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot download or install any games/apps chrome or software after preforming system restore.: Edition Windows 10 ProVersion 22H2Installed on ‎15/‎01/‎2022OS build 19045.4046Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19053.1000.0I cannot download or install any games/apps chrome or software after preforming system restore.Its as if the OS is blocking me entirely....
  4. How to restore the Photos Legacy app on Windows

in Windows 10 News
    How to restore the Photos Legacy app on Windows: Microsoft launched a new Photos application for Windows some time ago. It replaced the previous version of the Photos app, which Microsoft now calls Photos Legacy. Some features of the legacy app were dropped in the new Photos app. These include video editing features,...
  5. This app can't run on your pc? I restored my windows and this what it says when i try to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This app can't run on your pc? I restored my windows and this what it says when i try to...: I tried to restore my windows because i lost a few important files.but now it says that app can't run on my pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-app-cant-run-on-your-pc-i-restored-my-windows/d4c84487-38cc-4edc-b621-4076402fd9a2
  6. This app can't run on your pc? I restored my windows and this what it says when i try to...

This app can't run on your pc? I restored my windows and this what it says when i try to...: I tried to restore my windows because i lost a few important files.but now it says that app can't run on my pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-app-cant-run-on-your-pc-i-restored-my-windows/d4c84487-38cc-4edc-b621-4076402fd9a2
  7. Problems after Windows update, restored system, now files are hidden and some apps don't open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems after Windows update, restored system, now files are hidden and some apps don't open: Dear Microsoft team,I have several problems that seem to be related to having restored my system to a time before the last Windows 11 update. Actually, it began with my new bluetooth earbuds not working properly with my Lenovo laptop while they work perfectly with my phone. I...
  8. Problems after Windows update, restored system, now files are hidden and some apps don't open

Problems after Windows update, restored system, now files are hidden and some apps don't open: Dear Microsoft team,I have several problems that seem to be related to having restored my system to a time before the last Windows 11 update. Actually, it began with my new bluetooth earbuds not working properly with my Lenovo laptop while they work perfectly with my phone. I...
  9. Authenticator App restore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Authenticator App restore: Greetings,Stupidly I didn't see the small "Begin Recovery" option when getting a new phone after breaking the old one, added an account within the Authenticator App and my accounts where not restored as I would have expected. After reading as i should have done to begin with...
  10. Authenticator App restore

Authenticator App restore: Greetings,Stupidly I didn't see the small "Begin Recovery" option when getting a new phone after breaking the old one, added an account within the Authenticator App and my accounts where not restored as I would have expected. After reading as i should have done to begin with...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Reinstall the apps that were deleted during the re store