Windows 10: Restoring Deleted Items

Discus and support Restoring Deleted Items in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I recently switched energy supplier, the new one started on Nov. 16. Thinking I would not need any of the data for my old supplier, I deleted the file.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Roderunner, Dec 30, 2020.

1. Restoring Deleted Items

I recently switched energy supplier, the new one started on Nov. 16. Thinking I would not need any of the data for my old supplier, I deleted the file.
    I was too quick in doing so, so I tried 2 recovery items, Recuva, & WiseDataRecoveryPortable. They were able to find the files I wanted mainly .pdf but was unable to open them. Any Suggestions ???

:)

Roderunner, Dec 30, 2020
  2. Compumind Win User

Restore points being deleted

No problem.

Follow these steps:

1) Type services.msc in the Run dialog box or in the Search bar.
    2) Open the Services window.
    3) Find the Volume Shadow Copy item from the list of services.
    4) Make sure Volume Shadow Copy is running: check the “Status” column corresponding to this item. If it’s not running, click Start the service from the left in order to start it.

Delete existing and create new Restore Points. Let me know.

Thanks *Smile

Compumind, Dec 30, 2020
  3. jimbo45 Win User
    Outlook 2007 Deleted items

Hi there

@Take a guess

on IMAP if you set in the config operations for each account you have the problems with -- Root Folder -->INBOX there should then be a deleted items folder. Restart outlook and when you delete items they should then go to the deleted items folder. Use Empty folder to purge the email.

Outlook 2007 and 2010 will work the same

Step 1 in account config -->change-->advanced choose the last tab and then enter INBOX (in English should be Root Folder in the menu)

Restoring Deleted Items [​IMG]

Step 2 now do New folder on tab 3 and create Deleted Items on the server for the account

Restoring Deleted Items [​IMG]

Step 3 move mouse to newly created folder for deleted items - your deleted items should now go into that folder after you restart Outlook. You might have to move the underlined mail etc first and then purge.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Dec 30, 2020
  4. jellyroll Win User

Restoring Deleted Items

How to delete inactive System Image Restore Points in System Restore

Windows 10 64-bit.
    When I click "show more restore points" in System Restore I see a bunch of old "system image restore points" that were deleted in past and do not correspond to any currently active restore points. Clicking any of these old restore points, I simply get an error message saying they could not be found, and to select another restore point instead.I would like to delete these restore points listings but have been unable to do so.
    So far, I have tried steps mentioned below without any luck :

Disk Cleanup through (CRestoring Deleted Items :) Properties
    Disable System Protection (OFF and ON) in System Protection for OS (CRestoring Deleted Items :)
    Disk Space Usage to minimum (slider button all the way to the left then 'Delete all restore points for this drive'),
    Delete all shown Restore points in CCleaner (the problem ones do not show here),
    Reset Windows Backup to Default in Windows 10 with 'Reset_Windows_Backup.bat' utility.

Any suggestions highly welcome.

jellyroll, Dec 30, 2020
Thema:

Restoring Deleted Items

1. Restoring Deleted Items - Similar Threads - Restoring Deleted Items

2. Deleted Items Can't Restored

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleted Items Can't Restored: Over the past couple of days my keybpard has been less responsive. I thought it might be batteries, so I switched in new ones. I then went into a windows folder and as I clicked on things at first they didn' open., then as I clicked on them whole folders started deleting. I...
  3. Deleted Items Can't Restored

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted Items Can't Restored: Over the past couple of days my keybpard has been less responsive. I thought it might be batteries, so I switched in new ones. I then went into a windows folder and as I clicked on things at first they didn' open., then as I clicked on them whole folders started deleting. I...
  4. Deleted Items Can't Restored

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Restore recently deleted items from the Microsoft Calendar App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restore recently deleted items from the Microsoft Calendar App: Every time I signed into my Microsoft Calendar App I received a notice on the top of the app that my calendar was out of date. I use Yahoo Mail. I searched for solutions for the synching problem and uninstalled and reinstalled my Yahoo account. Now that the accounts are...
  6. Restore recently deleted items from the Microsoft Calendar App

Restore recently deleted items from the Microsoft Calendar App: Every time I signed into my Microsoft Calendar App I received a notice on the top of the app that my calendar was out of date. I use Yahoo Mail. I searched for solutions for the synching problem and uninstalled and reinstalled my Yahoo account. Now that the accounts are...
  7. Restoring items deleted from screenshot folder in February

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Restoring items deleted from screenshot folder in February: Hi there, due to some safety concerns I wanted to see if it was possible to recover some screenshots which were deleted from my screenshots folder on February 17th 2021. They were also deleted from onedrive and aren't in the recycle bin unsurprisingly given the time since...
  8. Deleted Items Folder.

Deleted Items Folder.: I have 4 Hotmail accounts signed in via the W.10 mail app. All were working fine. Now I find the 1st account I added has many emails going direct to Deleted items folder. I want these emails delivered direct to my Inbox folder. How do I correct the issue ? Thanks....
  9. restoring quarantined items

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    restoring quarantined items: where is the history tab in MSE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/restoring-quarantined-items/bf7f1eef-3b43-4640-b871-7f45da593878
  10. restoring quarantined items

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    restoring quarantined items: where is the history tab in MSE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/mse-protect_scanning-windows_7/restoring-quarantined-items/bf7f1eef-3b43-4640-b871-7f45da593878