Windows 10: Restoring Deleted Photos

Discus and support Restoring Deleted Photos in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have deleted all my photos from the photo app and it appears the copies in the pictures folders as well. I can see them in the recycled bin but don't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JoanLondon, Jan 31, 2019.

1. Restoring Deleted Photos

I have deleted all my photos from the photo app and it appears the copies in the pictures folders as well. I can see them in the recycled bin but don't know how to restore them as when I highlight the files I want the 'restore' button is not activating.

:)

JoanLondon, Jan 31, 2019

2. how to restore photos in picasa deleted by mistake

Hello Jim,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Did you delete the photos from the PC?

• Did you check if the photos are present in File Explorer?

If any files, folders, documents are deleted accidently from the PC,
    Recycle bin
    holds them if the size of the deleted items are containable. Check if the photos folder is present in
    Recycle bin.

Step 1: Check if the files and folders are present in your PC using
    Cortana by following the steps below:

• Press Windows icon key on the keyboard and type the file or folder name in the search box.

• Select the search result which shows folder and drive location of the program.

• Follow the file or folder path of the program and check if it is the file you are looking for.

Step 2: If you are unable to view the pictures using Picasa application, I suggest you to follow the steps below:

• Open Windows File Explorer by pressing
      Windows key + E keys on the keyboard.

• Open the file or folder where pictures are located.

• Right click on a picture and hover your mouse over to
      Open with option.

• Select Picasa from the option and check if you are able the view the pictures in
      Picasa photo viewer.

If the issue persists, I suggest you to contact the application manufacturer for further assistance.

Write back to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jan 31, 2019
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Multiple Photos

We suggest that you follow the steps below to delete the photo through Photos app:

• If you’re looking at your list of photos in Photos app, select the photos by clicking on checkbox on the photos you want to delete. Click
      Delete icon at the bottom right corner to delete.
    • If you open a photo, Tap or press Delete
      key from keyboard.

Let us know if you need more assistance.

Rose Cal, Jan 31, 2019
  4. Restoring Deleted Photos

Deleting photos in Windows 10

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

- Are you using Photo app or other app?

If you are referring to Photo app, follow the below steps and check.

[*]1. In the Photos app, go to the folder with the files you want to delete.
    [*]2. Do one of the following:

• If you’re looking at your list of photos and videos, swipe down on or right-click the files you want to delete. You can also tap or click
      Select all.
    • If you open a photo or video, swipe up from the bottom or right-click to see the app commands.

3. Tap or click
    Delete.

You can also delete photos using the Camera app, the OneDrive app, or File Explorer.

The above steps are the only way to delete the photos.

If you are referring to a different app or form different location, help us with more information.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Jan 31, 2019
Thema:

Restoring Deleted Photos

1. Restoring Deleted Photos - Similar Threads - Restoring Deleted Photos

2. Delete Photos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Delete Photos: I uploaded a file folder to the one drive that contained photos. When it uploaded the files with the photos it also uploaded the photos in the "Photo" part of the one drive. How do I delete the photos from the "Photos" part of the one drive but keep the photos in the files I...
  3. Delete Photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Delete Photos: I uploaded a file folder to the one drive that contained photos. When it uploaded the files with the photos it also uploaded the photos in the "Photo" part of the one drive. How do I delete the photos from the "Photos" part of the one drive but keep the photos in the files I...
  4. Delete Photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Photo Delete

Photo Delete: In Googles Photo, can I delete photos without fear of deleting them from other albums on my computer or other devices? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-delete/d56b833a-3d1b-4128-a4e2-be159fc7b01d
  6. Deleting photos

Deleting photos: I have deleted a photo that I would like to retrieve. Is there a way to get it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleting-photos/732114dc-230d-40e5-925b-2aca69bf4a0c"
  7. Deleting photos

Deleting photos: When in the View/Large icons and I delete a photo it is gone. But, if I double click on the photo to look at it individually, and then delete it in this mode, it does not delete. WHY?...
  8. Delete Photos

Delete Photos: How do I delete multiple images in Windows photo Gallery? I know that I can delete them one at a time, but it would take forever Thank you Jean Segal Liverpool https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-photos/c0d5be56-2048-4da5-b13d-f0444cf5595f"
  9. restoring photo's

restoring photo's: My previous computer a Lenovo 3 in 1 stopped working some 5 or 6 weeks ago so I purchased a new HP 3 in 1, what I would like to know how do I retrieve my photo's from storage to my new computer. I am sure there is an easy way but not being computer literate I am finding it...
  10. Deleted Photos

in Windows 10 Customization
    Deleted Photos: How can I stop 'Deleted Photos' still appearing in/on my 'Slide Show' ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_general/deleted-photos/a5aa100a-4d21-4b27-b523-59e59be1a767