Windows 10: Restoring deleted user

Discus and support Restoring deleted user in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi. So basically I messed up big time. After using our family computer for one year I decided to create a user for each family member. Before we were... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/GeneralRudolfMaister, Oct 24, 2020.

1. Restoring deleted user

Hi. So basically I messed up big time. After using our family computer for one year I decided to create a user for each family member. Before we were all using same user. So i make 3 new users and delete the old one. After a few hours I figured out I lost all of appdata I had on old User. So my question is how to restore at least appdata file from user. I really need it, there was some important stuff. I tried using EaseUS Data Recovery wizard, but I don't find the file. I also found some tutorial using Registry Editor but I am also not really comfortable with deleting more files as tutorial says and I don't have any .bak files.

submitted by /u/GeneralRudolfMaister
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/GeneralRudolfMaister, Oct 24, 2020

2. Accidentally deleted user account - urgent need to restore WIndows 10

I accidentally deleted the user account that I was using (not admin) and now can't fix the issue.

So, I followed these instructions (sort of):

• Step 2: Choose Change your account name.
    • Step 3: Type a new name in the box and tap Change Name.
    • Step 1: Open Run by Windows+R, enter lusrmgr.msc and hit OK to open Local Users and Groups.
    • Step 2: Open the Users folder, right-click a user and select Rename in the menu.

I renamed the user. But then, stupid me, it didn't change it when I checked the start menu. So I then, instead of changing the name back, I deleted that user (which I was actually logged in as - it didn't ask for a password or anything either). It then removed
    it from the list (there was a list of 3 items to choose from - Administrator, Guest , and the account I was using. I deleted that account (Liam it was called)

I then stupidly decided to log off and restarted the computer. I then tried to login, and the user account it came up with was Liam - but obvsiouly as I'd deleted the user, when I typed in the password nothing happened). But because I deleted that user in
    the way above, it seems to have gone completely. What can I do to restore it?

I've tried system restore but it fails. So can't get back to a restore point.

It's a bit of a pickle really as it's an important user account on my work network and has folders on it that we need to function. I can't access the pc via another, as when I click 'Liam' it just can't connect, says it can't find it. I think what I've done
    has really broken the computer....

Any help will be gratefully received.

BobSturgess, Oct 24, 2020
  3. Rhen Pal Win User
    Restore deleted user account

Hi,

It's possible that your main account is disabled (not deleted), follow these steps to activate your main account:

• Press the Windows logo key + X and then select "Command Prompt (Admin)",
    • Type the following command, replace "mufaa" with the name of your main account:
      net user mufaa /active:yes.

Let us know the result.

Thank you.

Rhen Pal, Oct 24, 2020
  4. jellyroll Win User

Restoring deleted user

How to delete inactive System Image Restore Points in System Restore

Windows 10 64-bit.
    When I click "show more restore points" in System Restore I see a bunch of old "system image restore points" that were deleted in past and do not correspond to any currently active restore points. Clicking any of these old restore points, I simply get an error message saying they could not be found, and to select another restore point instead.I would like to delete these restore points listings but have been unable to do so.
    So far, I have tried steps mentioned below without any luck :

Disk Cleanup through (CRestoring deleted user :) Properties
    Disable System Protection (OFF and ON) in System Protection for OS (CRestoring deleted user :)
    Disk Space Usage to minimum (slider button all the way to the left then 'Delete all restore points for this drive'),
    Delete all shown Restore points in CCleaner (the problem ones do not show here),
    Reset Windows Backup to Default in Windows 10 with 'Reset_Windows_Backup.bat' utility.

Any suggestions highly welcome.

jellyroll, Oct 24, 2020
Thema:

Restoring deleted user

1. Restoring deleted user - Similar Threads - Restoring deleted user

2. Restore deleted admin user account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restore deleted admin user account: I've somehow deleted other user accounts on my laptop running Windows 11 and my user account is no longer an administrator. I am unable to restore the deleted user account as it asks for an administrator password, but there is no administrator account now. Most of the already...
  3. Restore deleted admin user account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restore deleted admin user account: I've somehow deleted other user accounts on my laptop running Windows 11 and my user account is no longer an administrator. I am unable to restore the deleted user account as it asks for an administrator password, but there is no administrator account now. Most of the already...
  4. hOW TO RESTORE DELETED USER ACCOUNT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hOW TO RESTORE DELETED USER ACCOUNT: Hello there,PLEASE HELP ME!I ACCIDENTALLY DELETED MY MAIN USER ACCOUNT!CAN YOU HELP ME MICROSOFT?IM CRYING. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-restore-deleted-user-account/ca8bc58f-41cd-4f6e-86aa-1ede677b2f4b
  5. hOW TO RESTORE DELETED USER ACCOUNT

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hOW TO RESTORE DELETED USER ACCOUNT: Hello there,PLEASE HELP ME!I ACCIDENTALLY DELETED MY MAIN USER ACCOUNT!CAN YOU HELP ME MICROSOFT?IM CRYING. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-restore-deleted-user-account/ca8bc58f-41cd-4f6e-86aa-1ede677b2f4b
  6. System Restore - Deleting user files.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System Restore - Deleting user files.: Hi there, My computer keeps freezing every couple of months and I need to format it. I have a lot of software that I need for my work and they take a long time to download. I want to use System Restore to go back to when I formatted and installed the software. I know System...
  7. How to restore deleted user account?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to restore deleted user account?: One of my family members deleted an important account on my PC while messing around. Fortunately, they decided to keep all the files. I am wondering how can I restore the profile to the login screen with all of the contents intact....
  8. Is it possible to restore a deleted user

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Is it possible to restore a deleted user: My Windows10 machine has several users. By accident (don't ask) I deleted the wrong user. Is it possible to restore that user's data? I'm running Windows 10 Enterprise Version 10.0.18362 154291
  9. Is it possible to restore a deleted user

in Windows 10 Support
    Is it possible to restore a deleted user: My Windows10 machine has several users. By accident (don't ask) I deleted the wrong user. Is it possible to restore that user's data? I'm running Windows 10 Enterprise Version 10.0.18362 154291
  10. Restore user profile accidentally deleted

in Windows 10 Customization
    Restore user profile accidentally deleted: Hi, I tried to delete my secondary user account and I accidentally deleted both of them. I lost almost everything. Is there any way it can be recovered? with the previous settings and all that? I do not have a restore back up date. None of the files I had on my desktop...