Windows 10: Restoring disc image of dead Surface Go to replacement machine?

Discus and support Restoring disc image of dead Surface Go to replacement machine? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I am getting my dead Surface Go replaced under warranty. Now I have a complete Disc image of the old machine with bootable recovery media, I don't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by MichaelHoman2, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Restoring disc image of dead Surface Go to replacement machine?

I am getting my dead Surface Go replaced under warranty. Now I have a complete Disc image of the old machine with bootable recovery media, I don't want to have to reinstall all my software and personal tweaks. I am concerned that about the windows key as it is stored in the BIOS right? Can I still restore the image file?

:)

MichaelHoman2, Mar 15, 2019
  2. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Restoring disc image of dead Surface Go to replacement machine? [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Mar 15, 2019
  3. Critical Process Died...... Surface dead?

Last year my Surface 3 (updated fully) started throwing up
    service exception
    error BSODs and earlier this year I seemed to cure it when I reset the device.

About a month ago the service exception error start up (especially from sleep) crash reappeared but today this error has been replaced by
    'critical process died'.

Using the various Windows repair options available has proved fruitless:

• Start-up Repair
    • System Restore
    • sfc /scannow
    • Reset this PC
    • Recover from the Cloud
    • Change Start Up settings

…… all these repeatedly fail.

Absolutely NOTHING works.

Does anyone know whether this can be sorted or is my beloved Surface 3 effectively dead?

Thanks Steve

SteveCampbell134, Mar 15, 2019
  4. Riel Alc Win User

Restoring disc image of dead Surface Go to replacement machine?

w10 disc (or system) image

Thank you for your reply.

It seems that the system image is corrupted. For further checking, we'd like to know more information about the issue.

• Did you create the disc image?
    • Were you trying to restore your computer using a Windows 10 system image?

We'll be waiting for your response.

Riel Alc, Mar 15, 2019
Thema:

Restoring disc image of dead Surface Go to replacement machine?

1. Restoring disc image of dead Surface Go to replacement machine? - Similar Threads - Restoring disc image

2. Surface Go

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface Go: What is/are best programs or apps to use to make hand written notes on Surface Go? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-go/3b4b4d81-89db-4e8f-b8fd-d84ef6f1dc10
  3. Looking for system restore replacement

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Looking for system restore replacement: I am using Win 10 V 1809 and am having system restore point issues. I can create a restore point but not revert to any available. I've tried the boot safe mode - disable defender and still get unsucessful restore. [ATTACH] I've tried alternative called restorerx...
  4. Kindle on surface go

Kindle on surface go: I just purchased my first surface go. How do I get my kindle app and books on here. I went to the Microsoft store and searched for kindle-- no app showed up, only books on how to use a kindle. Thanks for the help...
  5. Critical Process Died...... Surface dead?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Critical Process Died...... Surface dead?: Last year my Surface 3 (updated fully) started throwing up service exception error BSODs and earlier this year I seemed to cure it when I reset the device. About a month ago the service exception error start up (especially from sleep) crash reappeared but today this error...
  6. Surface go ram

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface go ram: I purchased the go with 8gb ram. Im trying to play games that are available in Microsoft store. Some of the requirements say 2gb ram and that i only have 1gb ram. Is there some settings I'm missing? I still have it in S mode. Is that my issue?...
  7. deleting an disc image file

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    deleting an disc image file: by mistake i downloaded a disc image file from internet . it is present in the c drive as disc image file and also showing in the dvd drive as an .iso application but i m unable to delete it. looked like a malware but malware apps not saying it as malware . how can i get...
  8. Microsoft Surface Go

Microsoft Surface Go: I am one of the first on the planet to own a Microsoft Surface Go. Thought it would be a good substitute for ipad. More power and more options, etc... It seems, however I cannot use it as a Kindle reader, cannot load the Kindle app. Any suggestions?...
  9. Mouse seemed to go dead

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse seemed to go dead: Windows 10 Home I got on my computer this morning and my mouse wouldn't do a thing. I use one of those small, wireless Logitech mice. I change battery, wiped it off with alcohol and changed battery again. I forced a shutdown, unplugged my computer and then hit the start...
  10. replace dead hard drive for laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    replace dead hard drive for laptop: Here is the situation My wife has a Toshiba laptop that crashed, the hard drive is done. I have done everything that I have been able to looking at tutorials etc to revive it, its dead jim. I even tried to wipe the hard drive and it would have none of it. My Toshiba laptop...