Windows 10: Restoring disc image of dead Surface Go to replacement machine?

Discus and support Restoring disc image of dead Surface Go to replacement machine? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I am getting my dead Surface Go replaced under warranty. Now I have a complete Disc image of the old machine with bootable recovery media, I don't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by MichaelHoman2, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Restoring disc image of dead Surface Go to replacement machine?

I am getting my dead Surface Go replaced under warranty. Now I have a complete Disc image of the old machine with bootable recovery media, I don't want to have to reinstall all my software and personal tweaks. I am concerned that about the windows key as it is stored in the BIOS right? Can I still restore the image file?

:)

MichaelHoman2, Mar 15, 2019
  2. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Restoring disc image of dead Surface Go to replacement machine? [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Mar 15, 2019
  3. Critical Process Died...... Surface dead?

Last year my Surface 3 (updated fully) started throwing up
    service exception
    error BSODs and earlier this year I seemed to cure it when I reset the device.

About a month ago the service exception error start up (especially from sleep) crash reappeared but today this error has been replaced by
    'critical process died'.

Using the various Windows repair options available has proved fruitless:

• Start-up Repair
    • System Restore
    • sfc /scannow
    • Reset this PC
    • Recover from the Cloud
    • Change Start Up settings

…… all these repeatedly fail.

Absolutely NOTHING works.

Does anyone know whether this can be sorted or is my beloved Surface 3 effectively dead?

Thanks Steve

SteveCampbell134, Mar 15, 2019
  4. Riel Alc Win User

Restoring disc image of dead Surface Go to replacement machine?

w10 disc (or system) image

Thank you for your reply.

It seems that the system image is corrupted. For further checking, we'd like to know more information about the issue.

• Did you create the disc image?
    • Were you trying to restore your computer using a Windows 10 system image?

We'll be waiting for your response.

Riel Alc, Mar 15, 2019
Thema:

Restoring disc image of dead Surface Go to replacement machine?

1. Restoring disc image of dead Surface Go to replacement machine? - Similar Threads - Restoring disc image

2. Surface go recovery image key help

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Surface go recovery image key help: ok so i need help i purchased a surface go from someone on offer up...i was told that everything was good to go. when i got home i turned it on to see that it is asking for a BitLocker key? i figured out how to create the recovery drive with a usb device just fine but for the...
  3. Surface Laptop now dead

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Laptop now dead: I don't know what level Windows 10 I'm on. I debilitated the updates awhile ago after one update destroyed my installations of Photoshop and Corel Paintshop Pro and it took me weeks and countless phone calls to get it running again. But this has to do with the keyboard and...
  4. Restore Disc Image for new System Drive

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Restore Disc Image for new System Drive: Background Old HDD is running Windows 10. Used Macrium Reflect to IMAGE to external drive. Now I want to use Macrium Reflect to restore to new SSD. My uncertainty: It looks like my current C: (HDD) is System Reserved (MBR) - see attached. Not really an issue, but I just want...
  5. Restore Disc Image for new System Drive

Restore Disc Image for new System Drive: Background Old HDD is running Windows 10. Used Macrium Reflect to IMAGE to external drive. Now I want to use Macrium Reflect to restore to new SSD. My uncertainty: It looks like my current C: (HDD) is System Reserved (MBR) - see attached. Not really an issue, but I just want...
  6. Restore Win 10 Pro after machine replaced under warranty

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Restore Win 10 Pro after machine replaced under warranty: Back in March I bought Win 10 Pro for a machine I've had replaced under warranty. Obviously the new machine doesn't have Win 10 Pro, and the old machine is gone. How can I activate Pro on my new machine without buying a whole new one? Thanks!...
  7. Restoring my repaired/replaced Surface Pro 7 from a saved Windows Image Backup

Restoring my repaired/replaced Surface Pro 7 from a saved Windows Image Backup: I created a Windows Image Backup on a portable HD and a recovery drive on a USB drive before sending my Surface Pro 7 away to Microsoft for repair or replacement. The problem is a Surface Pro 7 has only one USB port, how do I boot the Surface from the recovery drive and...
  8. Restore from system image, no system repair disc

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Restore from system image, no system repair disc: I have an HP laptop running windows 10. The screen was badly broken so I sent it to HP to be repaired. They recommended that I backup my files beforehand because they may need to completely reset the computer. So I created a system image on an external SSD of mine. I now...
  9. Restore system image without system repair disc

Restore system image without system repair disc: Hello. I've created a system image and was trying to restore it. I did not have a blank disc, so I did not create a system repair disk. I got into Advanced startup > Troubleshoot > Advanced options > System Image Recovery After selecting the system image, the computer...
  10. replace dead hard drive for laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    replace dead hard drive for laptop: Here is the situation My wife has a Toshiba laptop that crashed, the hard drive is done. I have done everything that I have been able to looking at tutorials etc to revive it, its dead jim. I even tried to wipe the hard drive and it would have none of it. My Toshiba laptop...