Windows 10: Restoring display resolution after exiting program

Discus and support Restoring display resolution after exiting program in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; My son plays an old game that changes the display resolution from 1366 x 768 to "640 x ?" during the game. The problem is that on exiting the game the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Curious, Nov 22, 2017.

1. Curious Win User

Restoring display resolution after exiting program

My son plays an old game that changes the display resolution from 1366 x 768 to "640 x ?" during the game. The problem is that on exiting the game the screen remains at that low resolution. He is too young to restore the display resolution and someone else needs to do it for him.

Is there a "trick" or tool to force the display resolution to return to its normal setting after exiting from this game?

:)

Curious, Nov 22, 2017

2. Notification of Optimal Sceen Resolution

What is the make and model of your computer?

The error might show up if the screen resolution of the program is not the same as the one set for the computer. The program you are referring to is a DOS program, which runs on low resolution.

The message only appears as the program changes the resolution while it’s running. When the program is exited, the computer reverts back to original or default resolution.

Other things you can also try:

Press Windows key + X

Click Device Manager

Expand Display adapters

Right click the current display adapter

Click Properties

Click Driver tab

Click Rollback driver if the option is available

If not

Right click the current display adapter

Click Uninstall

Check the box that says, "Delete the driver software for this device.”

Exit Device Manager

Restart

Go to Start -> Settings -> Update & security, then Check for updates and install any available updates.

Andre Da Costa, Nov 22, 2017
  3. Windows 10 Update KB4055254 Issue

I have an HP SmartTouch 300 all-in-one computer. After this update was installed on November 22, the display resolution was reduced to 1162 x 864, resulting in a fuzzy display with oversize text. I am unable to select a higher resolution in display settings.
    What can I do to restore the display to its previous resolution?

WilliamFalkAH, Nov 22, 2017
Thema:

Restoring display resolution after exiting program

1. Restoring display resolution after exiting program - Similar Threads - Restoring display resolution

2. Exiting system restore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Exiting system restore: Hi all!I was trying to get my first VM start and I went to BIOS settings and accidentally system restore and I want to leave but I don’t know the password since it’s my fathers and I’ve asked him and it says that password is incorrect so do you know how to exit a system...
  3. Exiting system restore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Exiting system restore: Hi all!I was trying to get my first VM start and I went to BIOS settings and accidentally system restore and I want to leave but I don’t know the password since it’s my fathers and I’ve asked him and it says that password is incorrect so do you know how to exit a system...
  4. Exiting system restore

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Program Resolution

Program Resolution: I'm having an issue with a specific program that will not run in full screen mode. I've tried going into the properties on the program changing the high DPI settings changing the color profile and changing Windows overall resolution to try to get it to work and no matter what...
  6. display resolution

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    display resolution: I cannot change one of my monitor's display resolution to 1920 x 1080 to fit on the screen. That is not a choice that is given and I cannot manually type in that ratio. Every now and then my one monitor does this and there is no rhyme or reason when it reverts back....
  7. Display resolution

Display resolution: I just reinstalled Windows10 after replacing the SSD. I have two displays. One is running at the recommended resolution of 1080 x 1920 but the other insists on 1024 x 768. I have tried to change the resolution using the Windows Settings Display page as well as the NVIDIA...
  8. To Specify Display Resolution for a specific program

To Specify Display Resolution for a specific program: I am running a software package that requires a much lower resolution and would only like to run just that program with that setting. How can I change the properties to open that way?...
  9. display resolution

display resolution: Every time I reboot my display resolution is incorrect. I select the 1920 X1080 (recommended) then select save message but it will not save it. the very next time I reboot it will default back to a lower resolution....
  10. unable to restart an installed program a program after exit of the PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    unable to restart an installed program a program after exit of the PC: After downloading (an official program from Tangent) I installed this program and everything works fine. After exit (closing the PC) this program seems removed . I must reinstall the program before I can work with the program again. Can anyone help me to solve this problem...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to program display resolution