Windows 10: restoring Edge beta browser with edge regular

Discus and support restoring Edge beta browser with edge regular in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows insider build update 17713.rs5_release.180706-1551 installed Windows Edge Beta browser on my laptop, now my password security Enpass will not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RMerson, Jul 15, 2018.

1. RMerson Win User

restoring Edge beta browser with edge regular

Windows insider build update 17713.rs5_release.180706-1551 installed Windows Edge Beta browser on my laptop, now my password security Enpass will not work through my browser and I am unable to restore my regular Edge browser back on.

:)

RMerson, Jul 15, 2018
  2. P4-630 Win User

Microsoft is developing a built-in ad blocker for its Edge browser

"One of the first browser add-ons many people install to improve their online experience is Adblock Plus or something similar. Until recently, Microsoft Edge's lack of support for add-ons put off a lot of would-be users, but reports from Build 2016 suggest that native ad blocking is on its way to the Internet Explorer successor.

Adblock Plus is coming to Edge, but built-in ad blocking would negate the need for such an add-on. A slide shown off and snapped at a Build presentation shows that the next version of Edge, in response to user feedback, will feature ad blocking capabilities. There's no word on delivery timescale, but the upcoming Windows 10 Anniversary Update would seem a likely candidate.

ZDNet's Ed Bott photographed the slide which shows Microsoft's development roadmap built around feedback from testers. Right at the top of the list is reference to plans to create a plugin and extension store for Edge, but it's entry number four that's more intriguing.

"Build ad blocking features into the browser" is listed as a Feature Request from users. But the good news is that it is not only listed as being "Deliverable 4682811", but as "Targeted for the next version".

This will no doubt come as good news for those who have fallen in love with Edge, but it's not something that will be welcomed by the likes of Adblock Plus. It does seem that, particularly in the mobile arena, there is a move to baking ad blocking into the browser so it makes sense that Microsoft is following the trend. But it is the fact that Edge straddles Windows 10 on the desktop and Windows 10 Mobile that makes this a particularly interesting move.

Keep an eye out for Insider builds in the coming weeks as the feature may be just around the corner.
    "

Forget extensions, built-in ad blocking is coming to Microsoft Edge - [UPDATE... no it's not!]

P4-630, Jul 15, 2018
  3. Edge browser is not working!!!!

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to try restarting Microsoft Edge Browser and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Open task manager right click on Microsoft Edge and go to details click on microsoftedgeCP.exe and click end task

• Restart your Computer and check if it helps.

• Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jul 15, 2018
  4. restoring Edge beta browser with edge regular

Edge browser

thanks for responding it is saying beta sign up is in progress it takes a few minutes and is still listed as beta in google play store i am able to recieve and use edge browser on my samsung galaxy a 5 2017 i am in the u k.i dont know why it is still listed
    as in beta in google play store maybe someone from microsoft will be able to give me an answer.please let me know.thank you.

StephenSutcliffe, Jul 15, 2018
Thema:

restoring Edge beta browser with edge regular

1. restoring Edge beta browser with edge regular - Similar Threads - restoring Edge beta

2. Edge Browser

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Edge Browser: Many answers have been given regarding Edge closing down unexpectedly. My problem is an odd variation of that problem, in that it rarely closes unexpectedly, and yet frequently when I open the browser I get a pop-up message saying it was closed down unexpectedly, and asks me...
  3. Edge Browser

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Edge Browser: Many answers have been given regarding Edge closing down unexpectedly. My problem is an odd variation of that problem, in that it rarely closes unexpectedly, and yet frequently when I open the browser I get a pop-up message saying it was closed down unexpectedly, and asks me...
  4. EDGE Beta

in Browsers and Email
    EDGE Beta: I had multiple problems with EDGE chrome. I tried to unstall it but it cannot be unstalled. Out of desperation and without being clear what to expect, I installed EDGE Beta. And all my problems disappeared. EDGE Beta is what I have been hoping EDGE should be. Unfortunately,...
  5. Edge browser

in Windows 10 Customization
    Edge browser: In comparison with other browsers like chrome, firefox...your browser is very very slow. Interestingly its fine on android but on pcs literally testing patience. Tested clearing browsing history....still no luck. Why should I use it at all...
  6. Edge Beta

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Edge Beta: I'm having a difficulty uploading favorites from a file. After I get passed the "import" link I get a page that has a list of update scenarios with browser data at the bottom. I assume that's where I'd go next but Nada. I get no further response of direction. What-UP? or am I...
  7. edge browser

in Browsers and Email
    edge browser: Hi is their a way to put a menu bar like on internet explorer? the reason why is when using internet explorer you can click on file-send- link by email can not seem to find that option with edge. EDIT: i should of said this is on a win 7 work computer i use 160084
  8. Edge Chromium Beta

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Chromium Beta: I am using Edge Chromium Beta ( and i think its very good ) is it possible to remove the "normal' Edge or do i have to wait for Microsoft to release the new version...and when they do will it automatically remove the old version. 143939
  9. edge browser

in Browsers and Email
    edge browser: hi all,I upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10 a while ago.I can get the start menu ok but cant get the edge browser or cortona.When I click on edge it comes on for a few seconds then leaves the screen.Anybody got any ideas why?Your help would be very much appreciated....
  10. Edge Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Browser: How do I download & install the Edge Browser? 5765

Users found this page by searching for:

1. edge beta not working in build 180706-1551

2. can i have beta edge and regular edge