Windows 10: Restoring favicons on Chrome toolbar

Discus and support Restoring favicons on Chrome toolbar in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Have reinstalled Chrome as was on the verge of moving over to Firefox but thought I'd give it one more go. But I now find the toolbar icons are all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Gusgf, Jul 26, 2020.

1. Gusgf Win User

Restoring favicons on Chrome toolbar

Have reinstalled Chrome as was on the verge of moving over to Firefox but thought I'd give it one more go. But I now find the toolbar icons are all default and I've no idea what I'm clicking on. Is there anyway of restoring the favicons painlessly?

:)

Gusgf, Jul 26, 2020
  2. Hugo 12 Win User

Favicons don't show up in IE or Edge

All but one of my Favicons are working.

Found the favicon listed in the files but will not show on the favorites list??

Recently imported the favorites list to this computer and ended up with this odd ball favicon. How can one not work and how would I reset it?

I use IE11, have no use for the non-robust EDGE.

Hugo 12, Jul 26, 2020
  3. Restore Missing Favicons (icons under My Favorites bookmarks): I landed on a solution

Thanks for your reply. The favicons were originally there in my computer. I had some problem with Internet Explorer 11 and in the online chat with an HP Support Agent he suggested that I do a Reset. That did not solve the issue but caused all items in the
    favorites list to disappear, and when I added them back they were without favicons for most sites.

Based on your answer, does it mean that if I do nothing, eventually the favicons would still come back? In my past experience with other computers and operating systems, favicons had disappeared sometimes for reasons unknown to me but after a while then
    mysteriously reappeared. I still have not found any answer in the Internet that solves this problem in a systematic manner.

HenryWong1, Jul 26, 2020
  4. Zdzich Win User

Favicons don't show up in IE or Edge

I have some website which shows its' favicon in Chrome, Firefox and even in Internet Explorer but does not show its' favicon in Edge ...

Zdzich, Jul 26, 2020
Thema:

1. Restoring favicons on Chrome toolbar - Similar Threads - Restoring favicons Chrome

2. Favicon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Favicon: Did Microsoft drop support for Favicon? Used to be, just about every web-site would have an icon that would be displayed when saving a URL link on the Windows desktop. I am using chrome, but Favicon seems to be broken with Edge too. Now, every link gets the Icon for the host...
  3. Favicon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Favicon: Did Microsoft drop support for Favicon? Used to be, just about every web-site would have an icon that would be displayed when saving a URL link on the Windows desktop. I am using chrome, but Favicon seems to be broken with Edge too. Now, every link gets the Icon for the host...
  4. Managing the Chrome toolbar

in Browsers and Email
    Managing the Chrome toolbar: Has anyone else noticed the erratic toolbar icon behavior since Chrome included that static "Extensions" toolbar button on the right? Random buttons are prone to involuntarily change positions or are removed from the toolbar altogether (not the drop down menu), even tho...
  5. Restoring favicons on Chrome toolbar

in Browsers and Email
    Restoring favicons on Chrome toolbar: Have reinstalled Chrome as was on the verge of moving over to Firefox but thought I'd give it one more go. But I now find the toolbar icons are all default and I've no idea what I'm clicking on. Is there anyway of restoring the favicons painlessly? 161382
  6. Restore Favicons To Desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Restore Favicons To Desktop: I can only see a few of the favicons on my desktop, for the shortcut links to websites, is there a way to restore them?? I used to see a lot more. About the only ones I can see are the ones to this MS support website. [ATTACH]...
  7. chrome toolbar

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    chrome toolbar: I recently received a new computer that has Windows 10. My Chrome toolbar from Windows 7 has been replaced with a toolbar I used with Windows XP. How can I get my current meaning Windows 7 toolbar back?...
  8. Ms Edge and favicons.

in Browsers and Email
    Ms Edge and favicons.: About 3/4 of my favorites, all in folders on the bookmarks bar, do not have favicons. Most of my web pages are well known like facebook, youtube, abc news and ny post. Is there a way to generate them, or is this something edge is working on. Henry 61284
  9. Why does Chrome save google searches in the favicon file?

in Browsers and Email
    Why does Chrome save google searches in the favicon file?: Like, not just chrome, all chromium builds. I use SR Ware's Iron. But if you open notepad, your google searches are in there. Even if you use clicknclean and/or ccleaner... Those searches are in there, hehe... I delete this file because I don't want all the stupid searches I...
  10. Missing Favicons.

in Browsers and Email
    Missing Favicons.: I don't know if it's just me, but about 50% of my favicons in ms edge have a generic star. The others are ok. How do I get them to show correctly. Henry. [img] 87019