Windows 10: Restoring Favorites Feature

Discus and support Restoring Favorites Feature in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I have Windows 10 and I use the Favorites feature a lot (aka Bookmarking websites I want to return to). Suddenly it stopped working. When I'm on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Artie0621, Jun 21, 2019.

1. Artie0621 Win User

Restoring Favorites Feature

Hi, I have Windows 10 and I use the Favorites feature a lot (aka Bookmarking websites I want to return to). Suddenly it stopped working. When I'm on an internet page I want to save, I click on the star, a pop-up comes up, I click "Add"--but the star no longer leaps over to my Favorites section. And when I look at my Favorites section, my latest Favorite isn't there. Any help in resolving this would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks in advance!

:)

Artie0621, Jun 21, 2019

2. Favorites list

Hi,

Corruption with the browser's components is one of the possible reasons why you are experiencing an issue with your favorites list. For us to provide an accurate solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build of Windows 10 is installed on your computer?
    • What browser are you using? Is it Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer?
    • What changes have you made to your device before you encountered this issue?

For initial troubleshooting, we suggest restoring your favorites. Follow these steps to do so:

• Open the File Explorer.
    • Open your C drive.
    • Click on User and then choose your User Account.
    • Right click on Favorites icon and then choose Restore Previous Versions.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Jun 21, 2019
  3. Arul_D Win User
    unable to restore favorites in Internet Explorer 11

Hello,

I can understand the inconvenience you have experienced.

I would suggest you to try the steps mentioned below and check if it helps.

How to restore the favorite’s folder in Internet Explorer.

• To open the Registry Editor, click Start.
    • Type regedit into the Start Search field.
    • Press Enter.
    • Find Favorites under the following Registry keys:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Explorer\Shell folders
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Explorer\User Shell folders

HKEY_USERS\.default\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Explorer\Shell folders

HKEY_USERS\.default\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Explorer\User Shell folders

• Right click it and select Modify. The Edit String dialog will open.
    • Verify that the Value Data field contains the correct location of your Favorites folder. If it does not, enter the right location to restore your missing Favorites folder to Internet Explorer.
    C:\Users\NetID\Favorites

• Close the registry editor.
    • Open Internet Explorer to confirm that your favorites are there.
    Note: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you
    follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to
    view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Arul_D, Jun 21, 2019
  4. Restoring Favorites Feature

IE11 - No Tabs, No Favorites Bar

My Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 10 has gone very strange.

• I have no Favorites Bar; I know how to toggle it on and off, but it will not come back
      • my Favorites are still there in the Favorites Menu bar tab (Menu Bar and Status Bar appears to be the
        only Bars I can turn on and off)
    • I have only one Tab, and can't see any others - even thought they are there somewhere - as the Taskbar Icon preview shows.

Steps I have taken to fix this:

• restored Advanced Settings via Internet Options Advanced - and reboot
    • reset IE11 settings completely via Internet Options Advanced - and reboot
    • removed IE11 completely via CP, Programs and Features, Windows Features - and reboot
    • reinstall IE11 via CP, Programs and Features, Windows Features - and reboot

None of these steps made any difference.

I don't know what else to try.

Any ideas?

NeilCameron1215, Jun 21, 2019
Thema:

Restoring Favorites Feature

1. Restoring Favorites Feature - Similar Threads - Restoring Favorites Feature

2. System Restore Question About Browser Favorites & Bookmarks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Restore Question About Browser Favorites & Bookmarks: I am considering doing a System Restore to a date in late October as last couple days HP Pavillion is running slow. Very specific question - if I restore to a 10/21/21 restore point, will that restore Bookmarks and Favorites on the browsers I use? I primarily use MS Edge, but...
  3. Favorite Feature I'll Miss

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Favorite Feature I'll Miss: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Sticka-7 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/pbk8m1/favorite_feature_ill_miss/
  4. What's your 20H2 favorite new feature/enhancement?

in Windows 10 Support
    What's your 20H2 favorite new feature/enhancement?: Anything in 20H2 that you really like/want to share/write home about? 166782
  5. What's your 20H2 favorite new feature/enhancement?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    What's your 20H2 favorite new feature/enhancement?: Anything in 20H2 that you really like/want to share/write home about? 166782
  6. Favorites, Favorites Bar and Other Favorites

in Browsers and Email
    Favorites, Favorites Bar and Other Favorites: When I first used the new Edge (Chrome??) I imported my bookmarks and bookmarks tool bar from Firerfox and got lost in the terminology of Edge. I am sure I don't understand the difference between 'Favorites', 'Favorites Bar' and 'Other Favorites'. Each seems to contain the...
  7. how to restore tools and favorites windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to restore tools and favorites windows 10: I just realised no favorite tools and need to restore both tools and favorite bars https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-restore-tools-and-favorites-windows-10/bf462b44-5303-43c6-bad0-536e754d8775
  8. restore the old and independed "favorites" menu in navigation pane?

in Windows 10 Customization
    restore the old and independed "favorites" menu in navigation pane?: Well, in windows 10, microsoft not only replaced the old "favorites" in navigation pane of explorer with quick access (merging it with recent places), but also merged them with explorer's jump list. It is now not possible to pin some dirs in jumplists without pinning them...
  9. Change or Restore Favorites Folder Icon in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change or Restore Favorites Folder Icon in Windows: How to: Change or Restore Favorites Folder Icon in Windows How to Change or Restore Favorites Folder Icon in Windows Internet Explorer saves your favorite sites into your Favorites folder by default. By default, your personal Favorites folder is located in your...
  10. Backup and Restore Microsoft Edge Favorites in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Backup and Restore Microsoft Edge Favorites in Windows 10: How to: Backup and Restore Microsoft Edge Favorites in Windows 10 How to Backup and Restore Microsoft Edge Favorites in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that will be available across the Windows 10 device family. It is fast, compatible, and built for the...