Windows 10: Restoring files from external hard drive after factory reset.

Discus and support Restoring files from external hard drive after factory reset. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi I needed to restore my Surface Pro 4 back to factory settings, I backed up all my files to an external hard drive, completed the factory refresh and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by NeilWallis1, Jul 3, 2019.

1. Restoring files from external hard drive after factory reset.

Hi I needed to restore my Surface Pro 4 back to factory settings, I backed up all my files to an external hard drive, completed the factory refresh and now want to reinstall from the backup, how do I do this?

:)

NeilWallis1, Jul 3, 2019
  2. sumasage Win User

Free hard drive backup/restore program?

I am looking for a free (freeware) program that will back up and restore a hard drive. I'm looking to clone a few external hard drives. If the program will backup the used space instead of the whole drive this will be awesome! Thanks for any suggestions.

sumasage, Jul 3, 2019
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    External Hard Drive

Hi John,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Open your External Hard Drive file in File Explorer.
    • Type the name of the file you want to search on the search box and click Enter.
    The file will show up in Search Results and you will be able to move it to the correct folder.

Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, Jul 3, 2019
  4. Restoring files from external hard drive after factory reset.

Free hard drive backup/restore program?

Obviously you're looking for something besides your Xp Pro utility that does this?

thoughtdisorder, Jul 3, 2019
Thema:

Restoring files from external hard drive after factory reset.

1. Restoring files from external hard drive after factory reset. - Similar Threads - Restoring files external

2. restore files after unintentional factory reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    restore files after unintentional factory reset: I moved my ssd to different hardware but failed so i had to get the data erased in order for it to work , exept i really wanted my data all intact because all i wanted is to use my laptop again ....
  3. restore files after unintentional factory reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    restore files after unintentional factory reset: I moved my ssd to different hardware but failed so i had to get the data erased in order for it to work , exept i really wanted my data all intact because all i wanted is to use my laptop again ....
  4. restore files after unintentional factory reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Restore from Backup on External Hard Drive

Restore from Backup on External Hard Drive: I had to send my laptop to get repaired, so I backed up my laptop onto an external hard drive. I have gotten my laptop back, and as expected, everything is gone. I am trying to restore from my backup, but it does not seem to be working. I created the backup with Windows 10,...
  6. need help with restoring file history from external hard drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    need help with restoring file history from external hard drive: So I have a FileHistory file on my external hard drive that I saved from my previous laptop that I returned, but with my new one after I plugged in my hard drive to restore my files and went to restore with file history it says that no file history was found, how would I get...
  7. Restoring Files From An External Hard Drive

Restoring Files From An External Hard Drive: So I had to send in my previous laptop for repair and backed up my critical files and programs prior to sending it off. Glad I did so, since the folks doing the repairs, totally borked it. I got my warranty refund and purchased a new laptop. Problems have arisen though, in...
  8. Restore System Image From External Hard Drive

Restore System Image From External Hard Drive: Ok, so here's the situation... I'll start out with the fact that I'm somewhat tech savvy. I'm 36, and have been working on computers since I was 6. I taught myself BASIC at 10. I'm no expert, but I'm not your average user. I normally search for my solutions on the internet,...
  9. restore files from external drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    restore files from external drive: how to restore my files and programs after resetting windows 10? I backed up everything on an external hard drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-files-from-external-drive/10bb8695-d55c-41d5-9b2e-e0655b212d2a"
  10. Restoring from external hard drive

Restoring from external hard drive: My old laptop became non-functional (bad motherboard), so I uninstalled my SSD hard drive and have been using it as an external hard drive. Now, I would like to install everything on this external hard drive including the OS and files onto a new laptop. How can I do this?...