Windows 10: Restoring from System Image Backup Over Network

Discus and support Restoring from System Image Backup Over Network in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I recently wiped my drives because of a BSOD, but I have a system image over my network that i have on my home server. I was wondering if it is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/youroldburneracct, Apr 1, 2021.

1. Restoring from System Image Backup Over Network

I recently wiped my drives because of a BSOD, but I have a system image over my network that i have on my home server. I was wondering if it is possible to restore that system image from over the network after reinstalling windows 10? Also is it possible to reuse the windows 10 key if i cannot restore the system image over the network?

submitted by /u/youroldburneracct
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/youroldburneracct, Apr 1, 2021
  2. Geekoid Win User

Using network hard drive for backup

It depends what sort of backup you want to do. If you're happy just backing up regular files, then there are a bazillion (really, that many!) different bits of freeware to do that. There is a good list here:

Download Back Up Tools for Windows - MajorGeeks

and pretty much all of them can do network backups. Some even have fancy options like encryption. Really, the most useful thing is just being able to schedule them and know they ran OK.

You may also want to make a system image backup too, and you'll find that software in the very same list.

I don't have Windows 8 as yet, so I'm afraid I can't suggest any for that platform. Personally, I use Clonezilla for image backups.

Geekoid, Apr 1, 2021
  3. Try3 Win User
    How to restore system image backup

Ryan,

If you want to pursue the problem then I suggest creating a new thread. This one has become a mess.

In any new thread, state all the methods you have used for restoring the image, describe all errors / untoward events and state the stage at which they occurred. Give a link back to this thread aswell.

If the touchpad is the only problem then you could consider raising that as a separate question in the forum. Make sure you say what you have checked already or you'll get just people suggesting that you check Settings, Devices, Touchpad, {On, Leave on when mouse is connected} and corresponding entries in Control panel, Mouse.

Or you could just get on with the reinstallation. Then make a system image from it straightaway using Windows own tool or another such as Macrium Reflect Free [see also Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect - TenForums]. Or use both if you have the spare space.

• Then restore that image before bothering to do anything else so that you will know the image works.
    • You'll also have a nice clean system that you know has no hidden secrets such as incompletely-removed antimalware applications from before you bought it [their effects can be quite bizarre - I had no problems until a year after failing to run the Norton removal tool I discovered that my home network failed when trying to copy files of more than 1MB].

Denis

Try3, Apr 1, 2021
  4. Clark Ari Win User

Restoring from System Image Backup Over Network

Restore a System Image Backup

Hi Kirk,

One of the possible reasons why this issue occurs is when the System Image Backup that you'd like to restore is corrupted. We would like to know more about the issue so we can assist you better. Please answer the following questions:

• How did you create your system image backup?
    • Can you provide us the screenshot of the exact error message?
    • Is your USB device readable to other PCs?
    • What are the contents of the USB device? Can you provide us the screenshot of it?

We're looking forward to your response.

Clark Ari, Apr 1, 2021
Thema:

Restoring from System Image Backup Over Network

1. Restoring from System Image Backup Over Network - Similar Threads - Restoring System Image

2. backup and restore system image fails

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    backup and restore system image fails: I am having a problem with backup and restore not completing a system image backup. I've researched this problem in this forum and have not found an answer that works. I have an Acer machine running windows 10 Home. It has a 1 TB internal hard drive and a 1TB external hard...
  3. Restoring from system image backup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Restoring from system image backup: submitted by /u/SgtJackVisback [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lk0h04/restoring_from_system_image_backup/
  4. Combinte backup and restore system images

Combinte backup and restore system images: I have been testing different backup programs, and periodically I manually created a system image using backup and restore. However, I did not always use the same external drive for these images. As a result, I have a WindowsImageBackup folder on two different drives. Is...
  5. Restoring from system image

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Restoring from system image: Hi there, My hard disk(1Tb capacity) recently died and nothing was recoverable. It was replaced by a SSD (500 Gb) capacity. There was about 800Gb available on the old drive so space wasn't a problem. The old drive had a C: and D: partition. I supplied the technicians with...
  6. Backup and Restore - Exclude drive from system image backup

Backup and Restore - Exclude drive from system image backup: Hello, I have a quick question about "Backup and Restore (Windows 7)" feature on Windows 10. I set up a backup months ago to include a system image and some personal data and everything worked fine. I notice this backup feature tried to backup my game dedicated drive...
  7. How to restore system image backup

How to restore system image backup: Hi guys, i made a system image backup of the window 10 running on my toshiba laptop via control panel on a external harddrive. And i am trying to restore it by going to window recovery, then system image recovery in advanced options. But the problem i am facing it that when i...
  8. Restore from Windows Image Backup

Restore from Windows Image Backup: I Created an image backup using Windows 10. I burned the repair CD. I booted from cd. Options are most recent backup [but it only shows D:\, the factory backup partition]. No browse capability. Other option does not let me browse to the folder the system created,...
  9. Extract Restore Point from a System Image Backup

Extract Restore Point from a System Image Backup: Hi, I'm on Win 10 Pro. I recently made a system image backup to a NETWORK drive using the powershell command admin start backup -backuptarget:\\pc\a\tsb-image-file -include:C: -exclude:c:\users\3\box*,c:\users\3\onedrive,c:\users\3\music -allCritical -vsscopy...
  10. System Image or Backup and Restore Files in Win10

System Image or Backup and Restore Files in Win10: Hi, A few days ago I discovered I had some corruptive files preventing me from Updating successfully. So, after much hair-pulling I did a Windows 10 reinstall via a USB Flash Drive while Windows was running and it was successful thanks to some talented folks on this forum....