Windows 10: Restoring Image Backup to an identical PC

Discus and support Restoring Image Backup to an identical PC in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have created an image backup of my Windows 10 in order to give my laptop for service. In case the laptop is replaced with a similar one (having also... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by papachra, Feb 7, 2019.

1. papachra Win User

Restoring Image Backup to an identical PC

I have created an image backup of my Windows 10 in order to give my laptop for service. In case the laptop is replaced with a similar one (having also preinstalled the same Windows 10 version), is it possible to restore the backup image without any problem with the activation? Is there some specific steps I should follow to activate it?

:)

papachra, Feb 7, 2019

2. Two Identical backups

These two backups are not in the least identical.

• Image Backup. This backup file contains a complete image of your system drive. You can use it to restore Windows in case your hard disk fails. You create a new image maybe once a year.
    • File History. This backup contains your personal data files. You can use it to restore any of your files in case you lose or damage them. This backup is updated continuously.
    It seems that the genius who designed this system did have his thinking cap where it belongs, on his head. You could, of course, argue that the image backup should not contain user data. Indeed, but this shakes the whole foundation of storing user data on
    the system partition. I keep it elsewhere.

Frederik Long, Feb 7, 2019
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Restoring Image Backup to an identical PC [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Feb 7, 2019
  4. Restoring Image Backup to an identical PC

[HELP]Image recovery issues

Guys i am trying to fix my cousins Asus Eee netbook. It has a backup image file that is partitioned on the hard drive but when I go to use it the app will run through a few steps and stop. It is running Vista . Any suggestions?

Rapidfire48, Feb 7, 2019
Thema:

Restoring Image Backup to an identical PC

1. Restoring Image Backup to an identical PC - Similar Threads - Restoring Image Backup

2. backup and restore system image fails

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    backup and restore system image fails: I am having a problem with backup and restore not completing a system image backup. I've researched this problem in this forum and have not found an answer that works. I have an Acer machine running windows 10 Home. It has a 1 TB internal hard drive and a 1TB external hard...
  3. Restoring from system image backup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Restoring from system image backup: submitted by /u/SgtJackVisback [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lk0h04/restoring_from_system_image_backup/
  4. Combinte backup and restore system images

Combinte backup and restore system images: I have been testing different backup programs, and periodically I manually created a system image using backup and restore. However, I did not always use the same external drive for these images. As a result, I have a WindowsImageBackup folder on two different drives. Is...
  5. Backup and Restore - Exclude drive from system image backup

Backup and Restore - Exclude drive from system image backup: Hello, I have a quick question about "Backup and Restore (Windows 7)" feature on Windows 10. I set up a backup months ago to include a system image and some personal data and everything worked fine. I notice this backup feature tried to backup my game dedicated drive...
  6. Restoring a backup to another identical laptop -- license question

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Restoring a backup to another identical laptop -- license question: I have two identical laptops, identically configured, except that one runs Win10 1511.679 and the other 1511.494. Each has a valid Win10 license. The 494 had been upgraded in place from Win7, which has corrupted the user mgmt component. I want to restore the backup of the...
  7. Restoring a backup to another identical laptop -- license question

in Windows 10 Support
    Restoring a backup to another identical laptop -- license question: I have two identical laptops, identically configured, except that one runs Win10 1511.679 and the other 1511.494. Each has a valid Win10 license. The 494 had been upgraded in place from Win7, which has corrupted the user mgmt component. I want to restore the backup of the...
  8. How to restore system image backup

How to restore system image backup: Hi guys, i made a system image backup of the window 10 running on my toshiba laptop via control panel on a external harddrive. And i am trying to restore it by going to window recovery, then system image recovery in advanced options. But the problem i am facing it that when i...
  9. Restore from Windows Image Backup

Restore from Windows Image Backup: I Created an image backup using Windows 10. I burned the repair CD. I booted from cd. Options are most recent backup [but it only shows D:\, the factory backup partition]. No browse capability. Other option does not let me browse to the folder the system created,...
  10. Restoring Win10 backup Image from Dell to other PC

Restoring Win10 backup Image from Dell to other PC: although I made an image of the full Dell disk -- with all partitions -- can I restore just the OS C: partition of the Dell PC to replace the OS partition of the new Lenovo laptop? I have already booted up the Lenovo and set it up with a temporary User account. Will I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. restoring a windows pc to free dos

2. how to create a identical backup for a PC

3. Is the version of your system image identical to the architecture of Windows installed?