Windows 10: Restoring laptop internal screen as main display

Discus and support Restoring laptop internal screen as main display in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I currentlyuse an older Dell laptop running Windows 7, which I connect to an old monitor HPw19 as an extended screen. This allworks fine. I bought... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ChrisHayward4, Feb 8, 2021.

1. Restoring laptop internal screen as main display

I currentlyuse an older Dell laptop running Windows 7, which I connect to an old monitor HPw19 as an extended screen. This allworks fine.

I bought anew HP Dragonfly Windows 10 with a view to replacing the Dell. When I connected it to the monitor it didn’twork, and displayed the message “Input not supported”. I’ve seen this before and have usuallymanaged to get it to work.

However,while playing around with the new laptop display settings, as an experimentfoolish, as it turns out I set the monitor to be the main display.

I cannotnow reverse this setting.

When Iunplug the monitor, the display settings on the laptop don’t show the monitorscreen and so I cannot tell it to stop using the monitor as main display. When I connect the monitor, the laptop sends thesettings panel to the monitor screen which I cannot see, hence cannot correctthe setting.

HP supporthave suggested that I do a system restore of the new laptop, which seems quitedrastic, and I am reluctant to do as it will delete some work I have donesince. I cannot believe there is nobetter way to reset one simple setting, just to set laptop screen as main display.

Can youplease help?

:)

ChrisHayward4, Feb 8, 2021

2. Laptop with broken screen How much?

I would like suggestions and look in local stores. I dont wanna buy a laptop from someone online. Sorry. But could be a good idea if you asked him about the performance on older games. Gonna make a list ofall laptops people suggest me.

Remove the screen for space purpose here its small desk and if the screen is opened it will hide my 22 inches lcd

Eric_On_Web, Feb 8, 2021
  3. Laptop display does not detect itself

Hi,

In regards to your concern, since the second screen can't detect the display settings of your other laptop, we suggest that you perform the steps below and see if it helps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on System.
    • Under System, choose Display.
    • Under Multiple displays, click on Duplicate these displays and apply.
    Let us know the details so we could further help.

Acelyn Alc, Feb 8, 2021
  4. Jetster Win User

Restoring laptop internal screen as main display

Laptop display question

Confusing statement! You want to change the display on your laptop that died?

Is that correct?

How do you know its the display that's bad?

Just google "how to change display on a acer 5745"

Should get you to step by step instructions. But first make sure its the display that's bad

Jetster, Feb 8, 2021
Thema:

Restoring laptop internal screen as main display

1. Restoring laptop internal screen as main display - Similar Threads - Restoring laptop internal

2. Internal display not using dedicated laptop gpu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internal display not using dedicated laptop gpu: my gaming laptop isnt using the full potential out of my dedicated gpu and i know this for a fact because when i connect an external display i get double if not triple the fps then before, and some games dont even use the dedicated gpu even though i set the application...
  3. Internal display not using dedicated laptop gpu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internal display not using dedicated laptop gpu: my gaming laptop isnt using the full potential out of my dedicated gpu and i know this for a fact because when i connect an external display i get double if not triple the fps then before, and some games dont even use the dedicated gpu even though i set the application...
  4. Duplicate displays, main display laptop is black, other display is displaying

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Duplicate displays, main display laptop is black, other display is displaying: I have a Lenovo ideapad Flex 5. I was on it last night, and I might of pressed some sort of shortcut. The display was completely fine until I accidently did something. It was dark, the lights weren't on, I couldn't see what I did. Now, after this, it seemed like the...
  5. Duplicate displays, main display laptop is black, other display is displaying

Duplicate displays, main display laptop is black, other display is displaying: I have a Lenovo ideapad Flex 5. I was on it last night, and I might of pressed some sort of shortcut. The display was completely fine until I accidently did something. It was dark, the lights weren't on, I couldn't see what I did. Now, after this, it seemed like the...
  6. Does anyone know how to fix the "Restore" full screen issue on my main display?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does anyone know how to fix the "Restore" full screen issue on my main display?: I've searched everywhere on how to fix my current issue with my apps/windows not displaying on the entire screenmain display. I'm using a laptop and a dock to display on my double monitor and made monitor one my main display. The issue is when I try to restore my apps the...
  7. Does anyone know how to fix the "Restore" full screen issue on my main display?

Does anyone know how to fix the "Restore" full screen issue on my main display?: I've searched everywhere on how to fix my current issue with my apps/windows not displaying on the entire screenmain display. I'm using a laptop and a dock to display on my double monitor and made monitor one my main display. The issue is when I try to restore my apps the...
  8. Laptop doesn't detect internal display

in Windows 10 Customization
    Laptop doesn't detect internal display: So i was connecting to my tv via hdmi for a larger screen while playing games, and one day I guess it updated while connected and froze the settings making the laptop I have a dell windows 10 laptop think that the tv is the internal screen. I've gotten lucky sometimes in...
  9. How to make laptop screen main display when external connected monitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    How to make laptop screen main display when external connected monitor: Hi I have windows 10 OS. I am using Accer E5-573G,which have i3-5005U processor and Nvidia 920M GPU. Thing is that I am using external monitor as my main display and laptop as extended.I don't have UPS While working when power outrage happen my external monitor goes off...
  10. Revert Main Display to Surface Pro Screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Revert Main Display to Surface Pro Screen: About a week or so ago I changed my main display from my Surface Pro 6 screen to a screen attached using HDMI via the Microsoft Surface Dock. Since then I am not able to revert the main display back to the Pro if the external screen is attached. I have the 'extend displays'...