Windows 10: Restoring Lenovo laptop after power outage during windows update.

Discus and support Restoring Lenovo laptop after power outage during windows update. in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hello all, really hoping you can help me with this. And if I have put this thread in the incorrect forum, please feel free to move it! Yesterday, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by LennyOvo, Dec 1, 2019.

1. LennyOvo Win User

Restoring Lenovo laptop after power outage during windows update.

Hello all, really hoping you can help me with this. And if I have put this thread in the incorrect forum, please feel free to move it!

Yesterday, I began the process of installing Xbox windows beta on my Laptop (Lenovo G500 Model Name 20236), the update informed me as part of the process, i would have to update to version 1909 (I think from memory) from version 1809 (again, this is from memory).

After the program download the necessary files for the update, I hit the button to update now, the computer restarted, and the process was shown as the computer updated on the laptop (the classic do not turn off your computer). I left the room to let the update run its course.

Unbeknownst to me, my extension multiplug had developed a fault, and it was only several hours later when i went to turn on my xbox and it failed to power on, along with the external HDD that i realised that something was wrong.

The first time I plugged the laptop (which was completely void of any power) into a reliable mains plug, it started up, and notified me it was removing updates (presumably to go back to an earlier version of Windows 10). After a while though, the laptop went 'blank' (backlit, but with a black screen). I left it this way overnight, in case this was a slow ongoing process. but after 12 hours, the result was the same.

I restarted the laptop, and this time, Avast grimefighter started (i have avast internet security), followed by the same blank screen. After 2 hours, I restarted again. Every restart since has drawn the same result. The boot does not reach the windows logo screen.

I have tried the esc/f1/f2/f11/f12 method to reach some kind of restore menu, to no avail. Perhaps it is because my model of laptop has a function key to enable the f functions.

The last time the laptop was working and stable was 10am (UK time) on Saturday the 30th November

I am pretty desperate now, as the last 10 years of my life are on this laptop, including correspondence and photos of two friends who died after battles with serious illness. I will pay any amount for equipment to restore the laptop to working order, and indeed take any advice on how to backup completely to an external device should i be so fortunate to have the opportunity.

Thanking anyone able to assist in advance.

:)

LennyOvo, Dec 1, 2019

2. Power outage caused programs to disappear and/or become disfunctional

Hello,

There are few factors that can contribute to the issue you are encountering. Power outages can result in data loss, corruption of folders/files, and programs not functioning.

To assist you further, kindly provide more details by answering the following questions:

• Which browser are you using to check the passwords and favorites section? Provide the list of browsers where you encountered the concern.
    • Have you tried using another account to verify if the programs are still missing on your program list?

There is a possibility that the drive index has been corrupted. We highly suggest that you check your hard drive and scan for errors by following these steps:

• Open This PC on File Explorer and locate your hard drive.
    • Right-click and choose Properties.
    • Under Tools tab, click on Check Now button.

After scanning the hard drive, hidden files and folders, as well as lost data can be restored.

Additionally, we advise running the System File Checker as another way for us to check or scan for data corruptions in Windows system files that can be affected by the power outage. To do so, follow the steps on this article:

Using System File Checker in Windows 10.

Let us know of any details pertaining to your concern.

Dhavelyn Mer, Dec 1, 2019
  3. COMPUTIAC Win User
    Battery Backup For Laptop When Power Outage?

You are now six days shy of a full year when you started this thread.

You basically still have the same questions. I don't see where you have purchased anything to accomplish your initial goal.

It might be time to mark this as solved as there are no more answers or suggestions anyone can give you.
    Lots of members have tried to help you and gave up as you only drag this on by repeating the same thing.
    Time to move on.

COMPUTIAC, Dec 1, 2019
  4. Try3 Win User

A UPS is merely one of the two solutions you could consider but does not seem, to me, to be as effective as the second option, a powerpack.

Yes, if you wanted enough power to be able to use AC-powered monitors then you would need to investigate UPS.

"Okay so if i get this dell product, would you say its fine if i just use my laptop as it is with the battery? And only connect it to this power bank when i have a power outage?" - I have said no at least three times to this suggestion.

"connected to your laptop always 100 percent even when you go to bed. So you never shut down your laptop?" I never said that at all. I responded to your comment about overnight outages.

I often take my laptop & powerpack to bed, into the garden or when going to town. I play recordings of radio comedies before going to sleep and could keep doing so all night if I felt like it. I do not necessarily need my powerpack to do this because my laptop has a good battery but having the pwoerpack there means I can do whatever I want.

"why don't you just connect to it when there is a power outage" - because the powerpack needs to get charged and it uses the laptop's AC adapter so having them all connected together is how to do this [your laptop's power adapter is what charges the powerpack]. This has nothing to do with any worry about power outages, it is how to use the powerpack to best effect.

Denis

Try3, Dec 1, 2019
Thema:

1. Restoring Lenovo laptop after power outage during windows update. - Similar Threads - Restoring Lenovo laptop

2. Power Outage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Power Outage: Hi, there was a sudden power outage in my area and my PC was shut down. I was able to turn on the PC without issue but when I run DISM it says I have errors?C:\Windows\System32>DISM/sfc /scannow Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool Version: 10.0.22621.2792 Error: 87...
  3. Laptop refuses to continue Windows reset after a power outage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop refuses to continue Windows reset after a power outage: As described in the title, I was trying to reset my Acer Predator Helios 300 2019 which came with Windows 10, and upgraded to 11. However, due to a power outage, the laptop powered off midway through the reset. Now, the laptop says that the reset cannot continue and to press...
  4. Windows Corrupt after Power Outage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Corrupt after Power Outage: I was resetting a Windows 10 desktop and there was a power outage when it was only at 64%.The computer then would flash the Dell logo booting and then flash the Windows Reset screen still at 64% and then it just repeats over and over.Eventually we unplugged it and then the...
  5. System restore interrupted with power outage-

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System restore interrupted with power outage-: I will try my best to explain my circumstance....PC was undergoing a system restore and was restoring registry at the time power outage occurred. When electricity came back on later, PC was powered up but nothing happens other than I can hear it run, fan starts, and lights...
  6. Trouble with laptop performance after power outage.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Trouble with laptop performance after power outage.: Hi there, My stepson is having laptop issues that started happening after a power line outage, about two weeks ago. I'm trying to help him figure this out over videochat/messsaging, as we're not able to be there in person. He said the games he plays, rust and minecraft,...
  7. Trouble after power outage

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Trouble after power outage: Last night we has a short, flicker-type power outage. My computer and my DVR are the only things it shut down. When I turned my computer back on, I first got my lock screen, like normal, then when I clicked to get the sign-in screen, I got a blue screen where I had to sign...
  8. Windows10 after power outage

Windows10 after power outage: After a power outage, my Windows10 will not reboot properly. I have a back screen with a few limited icons. Recovery under Settings does not eliminate the problem. I cannot access any of my working files. Can anyone help advise please?...
  9. Power outage during windows 10's forced update feature during the night

Power outage during windows 10's forced update feature during the night: Anybody else hate that Microsoft implemented this feature? I know so many of my friends that have had a problem like this, working on a project only to find out it was never saved because their computer decided to update. Microsoft why?? Who in their right mind would make...
  10. Power outage during disk encryption

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Power outage during disk encryption: I was in the middle of encrypting my hard drive (Around 80% done) when power went off. When it came back on, I tried booting the machine and it asked for a pw, I entered the one I had set during the encryption process but it rejected it. Is there any way of restoring the...