Windows 10: Restoring Microsoft Edge start page after cache clean.

Discus and support Restoring Microsoft Edge start page after cache clean. in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I know that by rebooting the PC that this restores the start page and I also know that the start page is a script part of which logs me into my... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by boccos, Apr 1, 2017.

1. boccos Win User

Restoring Microsoft Edge start page after cache clean.

I know that by rebooting the PC that this restores the start page and I also know that the start page is a script part of which logs me into my Microsoft account.
    Does anyone know how to run the script without having to always reboot the computer.?

:)

boccos, Apr 1, 2017
  2. BulldogXX Win User

walter-1606000-bkg1[1].jpg

The location you have shown us is the browser's cache. All browsers have a cache, which is used to temporarily store portions of web pages as the page is being assembled. Sometimes portions of a web page will stay in the cache so they won't need to be downloaded
    again if you return to that web page. The contents of the cache are not affecting your computer's performance in any way.

Browsers manage the cache on their own but you can clear the cache manually if you want. Web search: clear
    cache microsoft edge

BulldogXX, Apr 1, 2017
  3. damo_uk24 Win User
    Edge not working...

Just deleted my history, and it came up with 'Some data couldn't be cleaned. Please try again.' So, I tried to clean it by using CCleaner and that has come back with:

'Microsoft Edge Internet Cache cleaning was skipped.'

'Microsoft Edge Internet History cleaning was skipped.'

'Microsoft Edge Cookies cleaning was skipped.'

'Microsoft Edge Download History cleaning was skipped.'

'Microsoft Edge Session cleaning was skipped.'

'Firefox Internet Cache cleaning was skipped.'

'Firefox Internet History cleaning was skipped.'

Firefox Download History cleaning was skipped.'

I don't know why this is happening.

damo_uk24, Apr 1, 2017
  4. Restoring Microsoft Edge start page after cache clean.

Hi boccos. Welcome to the TensForums @boccos

If we could clarify the issue. Your problem is title "Restoring Microsoft Edge Start page after cache clean"

The start page is set within Edge and should be available every time you start Edge (the browser). If you "Clear your browsing data" and you clear all your data some data will have to be re-entered. Example email passwords for Outlook.com (hotmail, live or MSN)

The Welcome page and the logging into your Microsoft account to access your PC is not part of Edge.

Is this a question about Edge, the browser, or logging into device and a corporate log in script?

Ken

Caledon Ken, Apr 7, 2017
  5. boccos Win User
    It is about how Edge treats the start page which contains the news feed as well as in my case a list of stocks and shares which is under the heading of My Portfolio.
    I have a pop-up windows from Wise Cleaner that warns of excessive internet cache and when run, Edge's start page no longer appears.
    My only remedy so far has been to reboot the computer, which then restores the start page.
    When I use the Developers Tools provided in Edge to look at the page, it appears to be a 'script' being calling for my Microsoft name and password plus I guess my current settings.
    I was rather hoping that there was a manual way of re-running this 'script' without the need to reboot the Computer.
    Therefore in answer to your question, the start page in Edge becomes unavailable once Edges Cache is cleared. The only solution to date is either not to clear the cache or reboot the entire Computer.
    Hoping that a simple script may be written modelled on the existing 'script' which can be run when the cache is cleared.

boccos, Apr 7, 2017
  6. Interesting. I think I understand.

Sorry I'm unaware of a script.

You could also try just signing out rather than reboot and then log in. Likely shorter that reboot.

ALT + F4 will bring up a window.

As an experiment when Wise Cleaner throws the message have you tried just using Edge's Clear Browsing Content.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Restoring Microsoft Edge start page after cache clean.

1. Restoring Microsoft Edge start page after cache clean. - Similar Threads - Restoring Microsoft Edge

2. Page rendering problems and can't clear browser cache in Microsoft Edge with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Page rendering problems and can't clear browser cache in Microsoft Edge with Windows 10: Hello,I am having a problem with my Microsoft Edge in Windows 10. Many pages don't load, and the browser only works well in Incognito mode.The obvious solution would be to clear the browser cache but when I tried to delete the browser gets stuck for hours.I also tried to...
  3. Cache cleaning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cache cleaning: Hello : Does anyone know if I clean the "prefetch", "temp" or "%temp%" folder there might be some problem on my pc? some people say that deleting can improve performance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cache-cleaning/9c51962f-6ece-4313-a404-255681ac73d5
  4. Cache cleaning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cache cleaning: Hello : Does anyone know if I clean the "prefetch", "temp" or "%temp%" folder there might be some problem on my pc? some people say that deleting can improve performance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cache-cleaning/9c51962f-6ece-4313-a404-255681ac73d5
  5. edge caches

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    edge caches: Edge tracks my browsing even though I use only Firefox. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-caches/4160f1ed-d54b-4fa3-980d-0b326d335c39
  6. where is the clean cache in Edge?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    where is the clean cache in Edge?: Can no longer find the clean cache in Edge?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-is-the-clean-cache-in-edge/f882499a-585f-4c26-bae6-ec79c12f5cb0
  7. ssl cache clear in microsoft edge

in Browsers and Email
    ssl cache clear in microsoft edge: hi, I really want to know if somebody here know, if it possible to clean the ssl cache on edge, like the content tab on ie, or not, and if not, are if I clean it on the tab in ie, are it works also on edge? thank you very much. 49578
  8. Microsoft Edge - Clicking inside pages stops working right after start

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge - Clicking inside pages stops working right after start: Hello, Today I was using my PC as usually with Microsoft Edge as my browser, I didn't have any problems with it what-so-ever since the Creators update but today it suddenly changed by not letting me click on anything inside the browser itself (only text boxes inside pages and...
  9. My Edge Start Page in is the Start page error

in Browsers and Email
    My Edge Start Page in is the Start page error: I set the setting to set the start page of Microsoft Edge browser to a blank page, but when I reopen it's still in the Start Page with those news headlines and such, I tried to adjust the settings, but it's still the same result. Need help. 101637
  10. Customize Start Page in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Customize Start Page in Microsoft Edge: How to: Customize Start Page in Microsoft Edge How to Customize your Start Page in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 [img] Information Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be faster,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. welcome to your microsoft edge start page