Windows 10: Restoring my Windows 10 to a replaced Hard drive.

Discus and support Restoring my Windows 10 to a replaced Hard drive. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My hard drive failed in my Dell Inspiron Zino HD. I replaced the HD, loaded the original windows 7 disc then upgraded to windows 10 again. I had a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DougNelson9, May 23, 2022.

1. Restoring my Windows 10 to a replaced Hard drive.

My hard drive failed in my Dell Inspiron Zino HD. I replaced the HD, loaded the original windows 7 disc then upgraded to windows 10 again. I had a back-up saved every week, on an external HD and went to the HD and clicked on restore my files to original location, but the desktop and other document files did not restore. I'm thinking that the version of window's 10 is not being recognized. I even tried to restore to another external HD, I'm assuming I missed a step, maybe did restore after loading Windows 7, but before Window's 10?Thanks

:)

DougNelson9, May 23, 2022
  2. sumasage Win User

Free hard drive backup/restore program?

I am looking for a free (freeware) program that will back up and restore a hard drive. I'm looking to clone a few external hard drives. If the program will backup the used space instead of the whole drive this will be awesome! Thanks for any suggestions.

sumasage, May 23, 2022
  3. Free hard drive backup/restore program?

Obviously you're looking for something besides your Xp Pro utility that does this?

thoughtdisorder, May 23, 2022
  4. Restoring my Windows 10 to a replaced Hard drive.

Windows 10, Occasional Error, No Hard Drive, after Hard Drive Replacement

Hi,

System corruption can cause issues detecting your computer's hard drive. For us to properly investigate on your concern, we'd like to confirm the following information:

• On which cases do you receive the startup error?
    • Aside from replacing the hard drive, have you made any significant changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • Have you tried plugging in the replaced hard drive to another computer to check if the same thing occurs?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We will be waiting for your reply so we can move forward to resolving your query.

Dhavelyn Mer, May 23, 2022
Thema:

Restoring my Windows 10 to a replaced Hard drive.

1. Restoring my Windows 10 to a replaced Hard drive. - Similar Threads - Restoring replaced Hard

2. replacing Hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    replacing Hard drive: I bought a computer a while ago with the OS on a 200gb SSD. We've had nothing but troubles with space. I want to get a bigger SSD to salvage the PC, but I'm not sure how to move the OS over. A lot of forums/threads I've read seem risky, and the methods all seem varied. Anyone...
  3. replacing Hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    replacing Hard drive: I bought a computer a while ago with the OS on a 200gb SSD. We've had nothing but troubles with space. I want to get a bigger SSD to salvage the PC, but I'm not sure how to move the OS over. A lot of forums/threads I've read seem risky, and the methods all seem varied. Anyone...
  4. Restoring my Windows 10 to a replaced Hard drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restoring my Windows 10 to a replaced Hard drive.: My hard drive failed in my Dell Inspiron Zino HD. I replaced the HD, loaded the original windows 7 disc then upgraded to windows 10 again. I had a back-up saved every week, on an external HD and went to the HD and clicked on restore my files to original location, but the...
  5. Restoring my Windows 10 to a replaced Hard drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restoring my Windows 10 to a replaced Hard drive.: My hard drive failed in my Dell Inspiron Zino HD. I replaced the HD, loaded the original windows 7 disc then upgraded to windows 10 again. I had a back-up saved every week, on an external HD and went to the HD and clicked on restore my files to original location, but the...
  6. File Restore After Replacing Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Restore After Replacing Hard Drive: I recently replaced my hard drive and restored the data from the company that backed up my computer. However, I can not find my Work File. Can anyone help me find it?...
  7. Replacing hard drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Replacing hard drive: Hey guys! So recently my hard drive crashed and I can not get into my computer. My question is if I get a new hard drive, looking at a portable option for 50 bucks, how do I install Windows 10 on this new drive. I have never done this before and all help is appreciated!...
  8. Replacing my hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Replacing my hard drive: I've been advised elsewhere on the forum that the hard drive in my PC needs to be replaced with urgency. I've never replaced such an important component before and I'm concerned about choosing a drive that will suit my needs and fit into the position left by the old one....
  9. Restore Windows 10 boot after replacing main hard drive.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restore Windows 10 boot after replacing main hard drive.: I installed Windows 10 on a secondary SSD in my laptop which I added later, while the EFI partition is still on the main HDD. Now the old HDD has bad tracks and I replaced it with a new SSD. Since the EFI partition is gone with the HDD, the laptop won't boot anymore. I do...
  10. Hard drive failure how to restore Window 10 when drive is replaced????

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hard drive failure how to restore Window 10 when drive is replaced????: For my wife's computer her hard drive has failed and will lose Windows 10 please advise best method to resolve and restore computer use with Win. 10 after drive is installed with her original Win.7 (now called illegal) 60224