Windows 10: Restoring of original file path causes error: access denied

Discus and support Restoring of original file path causes error: access denied in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi there, I tried outsourcing my folder "documents" from the hard drive C: to E: by changing its file path under system properties. Unfortunately,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by iphinoe, Feb 18, 2020.

1. iphinoe Win User

Restoring of original file path causes error: access denied

Hi there,

I tried outsourcing my folder "documents" from the hard drive C: to E: by changing its file path under system properties.

Unfortunately, the hard drive E: itself has been assigned as the destinated location of any documents instead of creating a new folder as in "E:\Documents".

Neither restoring the original settings "C:\Users\Name\Documents" nor manually changing the file path works out with the error message originally in German

Error by creating the list with the regular subfolders under "E: \ Desktop-RLO991B".Access denied

I then let the system run a troubleshooting:

Incorrect permissions for Windows Search directories. Not fixed

X Error in data directory authorizations
    Windows Search data directory permissions
    NT-AUTHORITY \ SYSTEM

X Error datadirectory permissions
    Windows Search data directory permissions

Restore the correct permissions for the Windows Search data directories. Completed

My last try was to change the access rights of E: underProperties, Security, editing permissions. However, I can still not change or restore the file path of the folder same error message.

As this issue I guess it is this problem causes bluescreens and automatic restarts of my computer, I would be really grateful, if anyone could help me with it!

Cheers,

iphinoe

:)

iphinoe, Feb 18, 2020

2. Access denied to zip file

Hi Stephanie,

The issue that you're experiencing may be due to a corrupted user profile. We have found a workaround regarding the "Access denied" error. Kindly follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key + E to open File Explorer.
    • Copy the files that you want to zip.
    • Paste it in the Downloads folder.
    • From there, zip your file. You may follow the steps provided in this
      article

Feel free to contact us if you need assistance with Windows.

Dennis Mop, Feb 18, 2020
  3. Access denied error in Windows 10

Original title: Lost Drive

Everything listed I have done & error Access denied. Why it's my stuff.

JIMHELENE Kruppa, Feb 18, 2020
  4. Restoring of original file path causes error: access denied

Radney Dri, Feb 18, 2020
Thema:

Restoring of original file path causes error: access denied

1. Restoring of original file path causes error: access denied - Similar Threads - Restoring original file

2. Access to path is denied but path is unrestricted access for all options?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Access to path is denied but path is unrestricted access for all options?: I'm trying to launch the game Batman Arkham Asylum, and getting the error message Unhandled exception... Access to the path "C:\Users\username\OneDrive\Documents\Square Enix\BAA\BmGame\Config\UserEngine.ini is denied."Thing is, I have full access to that path and even when I...
  3. Access to path is denied but path is unrestricted access for all options?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Access to path is denied but path is unrestricted access for all options?: I'm trying to launch the game Batman Arkham Asylum, and getting the error message Unhandled exception... Access to the path "C:\Users\username\OneDrive\Documents\Square Enix\BAA\BmGame\Config\UserEngine.ini is denied."Thing is, I have full access to that path and even when I...
  4. How to restore original Windows Boot Manager path?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to restore original Windows Boot Manager path?: I had installed rEFInd, and as you may know, one has to change the boot manager path to point to rEFInd: bcdedit /set {bootmgr} path \EFI\refind\refind\refind_x64.efi But for some reason that pc would not use this while booting. I finally got it working by installing rEFInd...
  5. Installing Apps Access to the path is denied

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Installing Apps Access to the path is denied: Hi,When I try to install Github Desktop, Discord, Freetube, Atom that is, any application that install by SquirrelInstallI am getting an installation error:System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\AnyApp\' is denied.I created a new...
  6. File Access Denied

File Access Denied: I am trying to add a comment to a URL shortcut on my desktop. So, I right click the file, choose Properties, then Details. I fill in the Description field. I hit Apply and get: File Access Denied - You'll need to provide administrator permission to apply properties to this...
  7. Access to the path denied

Access to the path denied: [ATTACH] Can anyone give me a clear, concise answer as to what this means when it is received after attempting to login to a program on windows 10? My problem is that our IT dept says this issue lies with the WebTMS. However, webTMS programmers say that they’ve never...
  8. Access denied error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Access denied error: After getting Windows update notification I update Windows 10, when updates complete I facing issue my hard drive D : hard disk partition access denied error, my all data this partition, C : windows partition is working, Kindly support me to fix this issue and I get my all...
  9. File Access Denied

in Windows 10 Support
    File Access Denied: I get the following message when I try to 'save, 'save as' or 'paste': File Access Denied You require permission from Unix User\nobody to make changes to this file. I have no idea was to what causes this nor have I made any security changes. Any ideas? 29590
  10. system.io.ioexception access to the path is denied

in Windows 10 Support
    system.io.ioexception access to the path is denied: Tried to install a program and getting this. Anyone know what it mean and how to fix it, thanks 49721