Windows 10: Restoring OneDrive Folder

Discus and support Restoring OneDrive Folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So, while doing a massive purge of unneeded folders and files from my PC to clear up space, I didn't pay enough or almost any attention to what I was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Samara W, Aug 16, 2021.

1. Samara W Win User

Restoring OneDrive Folder

So, while doing a massive purge of unneeded folders and files from my PC to clear up space, I didn't pay enough or almost any attention to what I was selecting, hit delete, and wound up deleting the actual OneDrive folder off my computer. That locked me out of my default Documents and Pictures folders, the former of which had a very important documents, including some written for me by my S/O, resumes, etc. I've been in a panic ever since I realized my mistake, and have gone through several grueling hours trying to figure out if I even can restore it. I managed to get OneDrive back on my com

:)

Samara W, Aug 16, 2021
  2. TarAn_D Win User

Move the OneDrive Folder

Move the OneDrive Folder in Windows 10

When you set up OneDrive to sync with your computer, a folder C:\Users\XXXX\OneDrive will be created to store the contents. XXXX denotes your username. To move this folder to another location follow these simple steps:

1. Unlink OneDrive from your PC:

• Go to the taskbar notification area
    • Right-click on the OneDrive icon
    • Select settings
    • Click: Unlink this PC
    2. Delete the C:\Users\XXXX\OneDrive folder

3. Create a new folder (target folder) for OneDrive contents, e.g. D:\OneDrive

4. Create Directory Junction for the new folder

• In the search area of the taskbar type CMD and press Ctrl+Shift+Enter
    • In the command window type
    mklink /J C:\Users\XXXX\OneDrive D:\OneDrive

adjusting it to your specific username and selection of the target folder

5. Link again OneDrive to your PC using the OneDrive icon in the taskbar notification area

TarAn_D, Aug 16, 2021
  3. onedrive duplicating my folders...

Hi.

Again, onedrive is going crazy and is duplicating my main folder, full of subfolders. It's locking me out of all my files. I have windows 10, Office 365 home. I paused synch at the moment before I have 1000 copy of my folder, which I can't open anyway!
    Please don't ask me any question that will further delay the repair. Simply give me a step by step solution and then improve onedrive so this won't happen again to so many of us. I suggest you also add "onedrive" in the list of "Windows Topics" below since
    thousands of users have issues with it.

Thanks

Michel

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

Michel Chiangmai, Aug 16, 2021
  4. Restoring OneDrive Folder

Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Aug 16, 2021
Thema:

Restoring OneDrive Folder

1. Restoring OneDrive Folder - Similar Threads - Restoring OneDrive Folder

2. How to restore default documents folder off of OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to restore default documents folder off of OneDrive: I installed a new windows 10 pro and the default Documents folder is in OneDrive. I want it back on "normal" location C:\Users\<me>\Documents. How do I do that?Thanks...
  3. How to restore default documents folder off of OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to restore default documents folder off of OneDrive: I installed a new windows 10 pro and the default Documents folder is in OneDrive. I want it back on "normal" location C:\Users\<me>\Documents. How do I do that?Thanks...
  4. OneDrive Restore

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive Restore: This is a hypothetical question. Assume I have been using OneDrive to backup Documents folder, Photos, and Desktop folder. I have been making a full image backup of my computer drives using a different program Acronis backup. I have to restore the full image backup to my...
  5. OneDrive Restore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive Restore: This is a hypothetical question. Assume I have been using OneDrive to backup Documents folder, Photos, and Desktop folder. I have been making a full image backup of my computer drives using a different program Acronis backup. I have to restore the full image backup to my...
  6. OneDrive Restore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. How to restore Documents folder when it used to be on OneDrive

How to restore Documents folder when it used to be on OneDrive: Windows home, no gpedit, do now know how to get rid of OneDrive. Add Remove does not show tiMy document folder property shows jstateson\OneDrive\Documentsthat does not exist nor does jstateson\Documents nor does my desktop supposidlyI cannot seem to create...
  8. Restore of onedrive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restore of onedrive: My drive has been erased in computer but, saved in onedrive. now I want to know how to restore from onedrive to the new pc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-of-onedrive/340bbf09-6375-48f0-9ca5-59322dac73bc
  9. OneDrive - Restore Folders to original locations

OneDrive - Restore Folders to original locations: Win 10 Home How do I remove the default folders from OneDrive and restore to there original location - desktop, documents, pictures, etc? In other words - I do not want C:\users\...\OneDrive\Desktop just C:users\...\Desktop. Thanks, Darryl...
  10. Onedrive folder how to restore from the onedrive folder to my user folder?

Onedrive folder how to restore from the onedrive folder to my user folder?: I removed/uninstalled OneDrive but I still have a OneDrive folder and most of my files are in that folder including my documents, pics and desktop. While my computer seems to work okay can I restore the location of these files in my user folder rather than in the OneDrive...