Windows 10: restoring other devices to device manager tab

Discus and support restoring other devices to device manager tab in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I accidentally removed an unknown device from device manager. now other devices is gone. How do I get it back? In other words how do I get other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Floorsfearme, Apr 7, 2020.

1. restoring other devices to device manager tab

I accidentally removed an unknown device from device manager. now other devices is gone. How do I get it back? In other words how do I get other devices tab back inbetween network adaptors and portable devices in the device manager tab so I can instal the drivers in the unknown device? The unknown device is an Arduino Nano V3 board CH340/atmega328p board.

:)

Floorsfearme, Apr 7, 2020

2. No hardware listed in Device manager?

I don't konw whathappend but in Device manager and in my Network connections there is nothing where there used to be a Modem listed and all my hardware in Device Manager. What happend and how do I fix this?

restoring other devices to device manager tab What%20the%20Crap.jpg

AphexDreamer, Apr 7, 2020
  3. Network devices listed under Unknown in Device Manager

I have a Dell Inspiron M731R laptop upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 Home 64-Bit that suddenly quit connecting to the home network. Was using wireless, so switched to an Ethernet cable, but still no luck. I just discovered that ALL of the network-related devices are now listed under an "Unknown" tab in the Device Manager. A check of properties of each item in that folder says they are all working properly, but that obviously isn't the case. I tried uninstalling each of the 4 items, but when they are recognized again they still show up under the Unknown tab. Any suggestions would be welcome.

restoring other devices to device manager tab [​IMG]

putermaker, Apr 7, 2020
  4. restoring other devices to device manager tab

Device Manager Un-Hiding Hidden Devices

When you connect a plug and play device, Windows Plug and Play manager detects it, finds and installs the driver. Device Manager lists the device with a solid icon.

The driver is only removed when you uninstall the device, not simply by disconnecting the device. When the device is disconnected, its driver is still installed. By default, Device Manager only displays connected devices. When you show hidden devices, note the Bluetooth icon you see is semi-transparent (not opaque). That indicates a "non-present" device. Sometimes also called a "ghost" device. The driver is still installed but the device is not currently detected (i.e. not connected).

Device can be disconnected when
    • Device unplugged (e.g. removing a USB device)
    • Turning a device OFF
    • Disabling the device in BIOS (then windows won't detect it) or
    • Device failure

So
    • Check BIOS as suggested
    • Check board connections
    • Can b/t be turned off by a switch? or keyboard combination?
    Also possible the b/t h/w failed

ComputerGeek, Apr 7, 2020
Thema:

restoring other devices to device manager tab

1. restoring other devices to device manager tab - Similar Threads - restoring devices device

2. Other device in device manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Other device in device manager: How to permanently remove other device from device manger?See screenshot below: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/other-device-in-device-manager/30b4a80c-04c4-4218-bbac-31186bda9aa8
  3. Other device in device manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Other device in device manager: How to permanently remove other device from device manger?See screenshot below: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/other-device-in-device-manager/30b4a80c-04c4-4218-bbac-31186bda9aa8
  4. Other device in device manager

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. New tab in device manager.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New tab in device manager.: Hello, thanks in advance for any help.I just installed a driver for my android phone, as I am trying to unlock the bootloader. But after installing this driver, a new tab labeled "Oculus Device" pops up, and under it is the driver I installed. I do have a Oculus VR headset,...
  6. Missing "other devices" tab in device manager.

Missing "other devices" tab in device manager.: Hey, I was just trying to check that my device was connected by checking in the device manager, however there is no "other devices" tab where it is shown on other computers. Any solutions please?...
  7. Power Management Tab in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Power Management Tab in Device Manager: Hi All, I need some help so I decided to join the forum. I picked up an extra project at work, I'm going to be setting up WOL (Wake on LAN) on all machines. I have tested this in my home environment with laptops and Desktops and it works flawlessly. All work at the BIOS...
  8. Device Manager Power Management Tab is not available and In Power Tab attached devices is...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Device Manager Power Management Tab is not available and In Power Tab attached devices is...: Hello, I am facing an issue where Power management tab in the device manager is not visible and in the Power tab the attached device is not listing. It will be great if i get the solution at the earliest. I tried changing different Power Plans but it did not helped me...
  9. No "Other devices" in device manager?

No "Other devices" in device manager?: I´m having trouble with a game controller: ASTRO C40. To get it working I got adviced to locate a driver in "Other devices" and update it. But there is no "Other devices" on my PC. In fact "ASTRO C40" is nowhere to be found at all. What to do? [ATTACH]...
  10. Power Management Tab is missing from Device Manager for Bluetooth and other devices

Power Management Tab is missing from Device Manager for Bluetooth and other devices: Split from this thread. Issue - Power Management Tab is missing from Device Manager for Bluetooth and other devices. Question - How to manage power on windows devices and/or how to get Power Management Tab back on? Device - Microsoft Surface Book 2 15" i7 OS -...