Windows 10: Restoring Pictures after reset

Discus and support Restoring Pictures after reset in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I was encountering numerous blue screens today so I reset my drive with windows on it. In my haste I forgot to back up my photos and have since deleted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/frasergill, Dec 14, 2019.

1. Restoring Pictures after reset

I was encountering numerous blue screens today so I reset my drive with windows on it. In my haste I forgot to back up my photos and have since deleted them however, I have been using "Piriform Recuva" and it shows all my previous photos but when I try to open the restored photos windows says "We don't support this format". I jknow my pictures aren't completely removed as the tool sees them but I just can't access them any ideas?

submitted by /u/frasergill
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/frasergill, Dec 14, 2019
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Dec 14, 2019
  4. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Pictures after reset

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Restoring Pictures after reset [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Dec 14, 2019
Thema:

Restoring Pictures after reset

1. Restoring Pictures after reset - Similar Threads - Restoring Pictures reset

2. Restore point restoration after reset?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restore point restoration after reset?: I was planning on resetting my laptop as the files are so messy and everything is just a mess. I'm worried that if I do reset my laptop I might have an important file that I missed, so after I make a restore point with the Restore Point application, reset my laptop, and need...
  3. Restore point restoration after reset?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restore point restoration after reset?: I was planning on resetting my laptop as the files are so messy and everything is just a mess. I'm worried that if I do reset my laptop I might have an important file that I missed, so after I make a restore point with the Restore Point application, reset my laptop, and need...
  4. restore files after windows reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    restore files after windows reset: I reset my windows 10 with the wkeep my files' option. After the reset all my files are only accessible via onedrive but doesn't appear in the local folders and the onedrive has no storage space left I only have the basic 5 giga and my files are about 60 giga how can i...
  5. restoring files after windows reset

restoring files after windows reset: My webcam was not being detected. After asking questions here and searching the ends of the earth I found no answers except to perform a system reset. I backed up my file to my Seagate External 1TB Hard Drive, and this is where all hell broke loose. Went to restore files,...
  6. Restore Apps After Reset.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restore Apps After Reset.: I reset my pc because of windows not opening. But I didn't erase my D drive. And I install the games on D drive in WindowsApps folder. Now I want to restore these games without downloading them again. Because the game sizes are huge. How can I do that? I tried to change...
  7. restore pictures

restore pictures: lost pictures after windows 10 update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-pictures/789db85b-ac88-40ae-ae5b-5c823c36c2bd
  8. Deleted pictures unwantedly restored after sync

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleted pictures unwantedly restored after sync: I spent a lot of time going through thousands of pictures and deleting half of them. They were all on my offline Laptop OneDrive, sync was paused and battery saving mode activated. When I was done I deactivated the battery saving mode, OneDrive started synchronising and...
  9. restore files after reset

restore files after reset: =had to reset and now want to restore apps in removed apps they are all in one file https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-files-after-reset/a089fc11-8c0e-4b9e-8de7-468147bf0c94
  10. Restoring my pictures after I was hacked

Restoring my pictures after I was hacked: Several days ago my desk top computer was hacked...it was stopped before they were able to steal any information. However, they really messed up my documents and photos. I ended up talking to a Microsoft Support Tech, who was wonderful and found just about everything. When...