Windows 10: Restoring Pictures titles to original folder prior to a specific date

Discus and support Restoring Pictures titles to original folder prior to a specific date in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I was downloading photos from iphone to Windows 10 computer into my pictures folder. I thought I was downloading most recent pics and created a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by 1998Hooterville, Jul 10, 2019.

1. Restoring Pictures titles to original folder prior to a specific date

I was downloading photos from iphone to Windows 10 computer into my pictures folder. I thought I was downloading most recent pics and created a description for the new folder. What happened, it changed the name of all my pictures in the original folder to the new name. Is there any way to restore just the pictures original names to picture folder?

:)

1998Hooterville, Jul 10, 2019
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

3. Restoring pictures with original timestamp

Monica,

After my phone was working again I also restored al possible data. So all the settings and apps are there again. Although I was supprised that making a backup of WhatsApp is actualy not a real backup.

What bugs my is that when I copy my pictures back to the phone so much data is lost. The timestamp is from when I placed it, not the original one of the picture.

What also bothers me is that the GPS location and more advanced information is lost in the proces.

In the end I get a list of pictures that according to the timeline in the photohub are all taken on the same time.

I have found a way to restore this, but it's taking a lot of time. I now set the phone on the date that the picture was taken and copy the picture. But this has to be done for almost every picture. Since time is a bit less important I can copy a bunch on
    one date, but still....

Greetnigs,

Jeroen

Lt.Com.Data, Jul 10, 2019
  4. Restoring Pictures titles to original folder prior to a specific date

Windows 10 desktop slideshow auto-defaults to Pictures folder instead of selected folder

Hello,

To isolate this concern, may we know the following:

• Are you having the same issue?
    • Was this working before? If so, were there any changes made prior to this concern?

We also suggest that you move all the pictures that you want to use in a specific folder and then check if it works.

Regards.

Desiree Yau, Jul 10, 2019
Thema:

Restoring Pictures titles to original folder prior to a specific date

1. Restoring Pictures titles to original folder prior to a specific date - Similar Threads - Restoring Pictures titles

2. OneDrive - Restore Folders to original locations

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive - Restore Folders to original locations: Win 10 Home How do I remove the default folders from OneDrive and restore to there original location - desktop, documents, pictures, etc? In other words - I do not want C:\users\...\OneDrive\Desktop just C:users\...\Desktop. Thanks, Darryl...
  3. accidently deleted pictures folder but restored folder mising pictures

in Windows 10 Support
    accidently deleted pictures folder but restored folder mising pictures: i was showing my wife how to delete and un delete(restore) folders on my pc and right click deleted the pictures folder in my user files. then went straight to the recycle bin and right clicked restore and then went to user files and low and behold the pictures folder was...
  4. Reset computer to prior date

in Windows 10 Customization
    Reset computer to prior date: How do I do this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset-computer-to-prior-date/c2c95361-adf6-4db6-8409-c95ef0ce1161
  5. Copied folders - sort by original date

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Copied folders - sort by original date: I've got a bunch of folders with photos that I've copied back to a local drive from a Macrium image. The problem I have is that every folder now has a created date of March 07 2020 and I cannot sort them by their original creation date. Is there any way to sort the folders by...
  6. Create A Restore Point with a specific date

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Create A Restore Point with a specific date: i have a video that i made a day ago. But it got corrupted! I need help. Can someone help me solve the problem by telling me how to make a restore point with a specific date, or tell me something else that will solve the case? submitted by /u/FyreBoyeYT [link] [comments]...
  7. Prior Restore Point

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Prior Restore Point: I am wanting to take my computer back to a previous date, how can I do this? The only restore date that comes up is for today. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/prior-restore-point/f83e66ca-4457-468e-87f3-0659003b27a7
  8. RESET TO PRIOR DATE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    RESET TO PRIOR DATE: I want to reset my windows 10 to a prior date. I cannot find where I can enter the date I want to use. My Quicken info was lost and want to recover it to the way it was 4 days ago....
  9. How to restore original date and time to RAW file

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to restore original date and time to RAW file: I had recently encountered a problem saying I needed to format my usb which has some of my life pictures and videos on there, however I used a recovery programme to get them back. Now I have 2 folders saying 'RAW files' and 'Lost files'. The lost files seem to work very well...
  10. dates on Picture Folder

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    dates on Picture Folder: When I upload photos to "Pictures" sometimes the folder date come up as 2216. This is annoying, how do you fix it?. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dates-on-picture-folder/2a90e0e2-a509-49d4-90f1-e1bb45ac0b41