Restoring Previous Version

Discus and support Restoring Previous Version in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; So I download Windows 10 from here: Windows 10 Whilst I run it, no questions show up, asking anything, but in videos I see questions, asking... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by LukeDell, Aug 3, 2015.

1. LukeDell Win User

So I download Windows 10 from here:

Windows 10

Whilst I run it, no questions show up, asking anything, but in videos I see questions, asking about Updates and your current PC data. Once it completes, and restarts my PC, it finishes, then goes onto a screen saying "Restoring Previous Version", then it goes back to Windows.

:)

LukeDell, Aug 3, 2015
  2. DaveM121 Win User

restoring previous version of windows

Wow, OK . . .

Open the Settings App - Update and Security - Recovery

What options are available on that Settings Page?

Before you try anything from this settings page, please backup your data!

DaveM121, Aug 3, 2015
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    restoring previous version of windows

Reset does let you keep your files, your files should be where they were before you reset your system, not in a Windows.Old folder . . .

Have you reset your system and cannot find your files?

If so, open Windows File Explorer

Navigate to C:\Users

In that folder, look for a folder with your login name, open that

Open the enclosed Documents Folder, are your files there?

DaveM121, Aug 3, 2015
Thema:

Restoring Previous Version

Restoring Previous Version - Similar Threads - Restoring Previous Version

1. Restore previous version of Chrome User Data in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Restore previous version of Chrome User Data in Windows 10: Hi all, one of my Chrome extensions recently lost all its settings overnight, including a whitelist that I very heavily rely on. I'm trying to restore the User Data directory to before these settings disappeared, and indeed the Previous Versions function in Windows 10...
  2. Windows 10 keeps restoring to previous version when trying to update

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 keeps restoring to previous version when trying to update: Hey there! I'm on build 16257.1 and everytime i try to update it starts out fine: Downloads updates > Restarts > installs updates, but at some point it just restarts again and it says it's restoring my previous version of windows. Does anyone know what's causing this or...
  3. Restoring your previous version of Windows

in Windows 10 Support
    Restoring your previous version of Windows: After doing about 10 failed install attempts and waiting about 2 months I tried the AU again today. It failed again and put back my Version 1511 Build 10586.633 system OK. Rather than take the 7 minutes required to restore the Macrium Reflect boot disk image I made before I...
  4. Previous Versions Missing (System Restore Issue?)

in Windows 10 Support
    Previous Versions Missing (System Restore Issue?): From what I understand, in windows 10, when your computer makes a restore point because of some process, or you decide to make a manual restore point just in-case something goes wrong, it also makes those files accessible through the previous versions tab in the properties...
  5. Re-enable Restore Previous Version?

in Windows 10 Support
    Re-enable Restore Previous Version?: In windows 10 Home, is it possible to reenable the "Restore Previous Version" function that came with Windows 7, or is there any software that I can but that does the same thing? This would be in addition to my regular backup routine, rather than instead of it. 85004
  6. Fall Creators Update v. 1709 Keeps Restoring to Previous Version

in Windows 10 Support
    Fall Creators Update v. 1709 Keeps Restoring to Previous Version: Hi, I've never had a problem updating my Win 10 Pro up til now. But for some reason, I am unable to go from current version 1703 to latest version 1709. I'm using the Windows 10 Update Assistant - which downloads the files and runs the installation. The computer then signs...
  7. Restore Previous Versions of Files, Folders, and Drives in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Restore Previous Versions of Files, Folders, and Drives in Windows 10: How to proceed if Previous Version is empty and grayed out? 79490
Restoring Previous Version solved