Windows 10: Restoring Previous Version

Discus and support Restoring Previous Version in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So I download Windows 10 from here: Windows 10 Whilst I run it, no questions show up, asking anything, but in videos I see questions, asking... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by LukeDell, Aug 3, 2015.

1. LukeDell Win User

Restoring Previous Version

So I download Windows 10 from here:

Windows 10

Whilst I run it, no questions show up, asking anything, but in videos I see questions, asking about Updates and your current PC data. Once it completes, and restarts my PC, it finishes, then goes onto a screen saying "Restoring Previous Version", then it goes back to Windows.

:)

LukeDell, Aug 3, 2015
  2. DaveM121 Win User

restoring previous version of windows

Wow, OK . . .

Open the Settings App - Update and Security - Recovery

What options are available on that Settings Page?

Before you try anything from this settings page, please backup your data!

DaveM121, Aug 3, 2015
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    restoring previous version of windows

Reset does let you keep your files, your files should be where they were before you reset your system, not in a Windows.Old folder . . .

Have you reset your system and cannot find your files?

If so, open Windows File Explorer

Navigate to C:\Users

In that folder, look for a folder with your login name, open that

Open the enclosed Documents Folder, are your files there?

DaveM121, Aug 3, 2015
Thema:

Restoring Previous Version

1. Restoring Previous Version - Similar Threads - Restoring Previous Version

2. Cannot restore the previous Windows version

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot restore the previous Windows version: My PC failed to restore previous Windows version, all my efforts didn’t help. I tried to troubleshoot option but it didn’t work either. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-restore-the-previous-windows-version/05c7232d-4579-43fc-951c-ea31d343a057
  3. Restoration of previous windows version onloop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restoration of previous windows version onloop: My laptop troubleshoot option or advance option is not working for fixing onloop restoring previous windows version error kindly help with someother idea....
  4. Restoration of previous version of windows

Restoration of previous version of windows: I was playing video suddenly chrome stopped responding so i press shutdown button and it started updating windows on 13% i again press shutdown it stopped updating and now from past 2hrs its showing blank screen saying Attempting to recover installation and restoring your...
  5. Restoring previous version of Windows loop

Restoring previous version of Windows loop: After an update, my laptop restarted and got stuck on a loop trying to restore tge previous version of windows. I have already made extensive research and all methods failed to fix my issue. I cannot access my desktop or sign in screen. I cannot access safe mode, as it just...
  6. Restoring your Previous Version of Windows

Restoring your Previous Version of Windows: Hey, Iam currently facing a problem with my ASUS Laptop (Windows 10). I was updating it and it was almost done it was at a blue screen saying 84% it may restart or something like that. Then all of a sudden it turned off and I saw Restoring Previous Version of Windows. I hope...
  7. Restoring your previous version of Windows

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Restoring your previous version of Windows: After doing about 10 failed install attempts and waiting about 2 months I tried the AU again today. It failed again and put back my Version 1511 Build 10586.633 system OK. Rather than take the 7 minutes required to restore the Macrium Reflect boot disk image I made before I...
  8. Previous versions of files in restore point

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Previous versions of files in restore point: Searched, didn't see this one. One of the most useful features of Win 7 was when you could pull a previous version of a file out of the restore point. But now when I go to configure a system restore it isn't listed as an option as it was in 7. However, in a context menu...
  9. Previous Versions Missing (System Restore Issue?)

Previous Versions Missing (System Restore Issue?): From what I understand, in windows 10, when your computer makes a restore point because of some process, or you decide to make a manual restore point just in-case something goes wrong, it also makes those files accessible through the previous versions tab in the properties...
  10. Re-enable Restore Previous Version?

Re-enable Restore Previous Version?: In windows 10 Home, is it possible to reenable the "Restore Previous Version" function that came with Windows 7, or is there any software that I can but that does the same thing? This would be in addition to my regular backup routine, rather than instead of it. 85004