Windows 10: restoring previously installed programmes without re downloading

Discus and support restoring previously installed programmes without re downloading in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I formatted my laptop today. I did a new installation of Windows 10. Previously following programmes were installed in installation directory Code:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by sandila, Jul 2, 2020.

1. sandila Win User

restoring previously installed programmes without re downloading

I formatted my laptop today. I did a new installation of Windows 10.
    Previously following programmes were installed in installation directory
    Code:
    I have also visual studio code full version installed the setup was 29 Gb.
    I was not sure where it installed so I did not took care to take backup of it but I am looking in my backup hard disks.
    I wanted to know if there is a way to re install every thing from the install folders if I have the installation folders only.
    My concern is mostly about Visual studio code set up.Remaining softwares are not that important I can always download and install them.

:)

sandila, Jul 2, 2020

2. can i leave windows 10 insider programme without having to re install windows and all of my programmes.

can i leave windows 10 insider programme without having to re install windows and all of my programmes.

VeronicaJones60, Jul 2, 2020
  3. ste2425 Win User
    Regularly re-installing OS

i like to but usually dont i have so many programmes installed and dont no a way of keep my programmes without having to re-install all of them after the reformatt that it can take quite a while

ste2425, Jul 2, 2020
  4. topgundcp Win User

Using ISO to re-install/recover W10 instead of HP recovery app

I would go with what NavyLCDR suggested above. However, before doing anything, I suggest to:
    1. Just in case things go wrong. First, create a backup image of your current Windows to an external HD using: Macrium Reflect Free . Also create a USB/DVD Macrium Rescue disk from the program so you can use to boot and restore from it.
    2. Download: Driver 4.1 Backup Download and run to backup all the drivers, save them to the external HD so once done with new Windows 10 installation, you can restore the drivers without having to re-download & re-install all the drivers. This will save time.

topgundcp, Jul 2, 2020
Thema:

1. restoring previously installed programmes without re downloading - Similar Threads - restoring previously installed

2. programme installer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    programme installer: Hi programme installer will not work on my laptop, if i put a disc in to load, installer just flashes there for a second then disappears tried several time and the same thing happens. Not brilliant at technology and have tried all the fixes suggested on the net but still no...
  3. Restoring Office 2016 without re-buying?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Restoring Office 2016 without re-buying?: My now-dead PC had Office 2016, and I still have the serial key. But it was a download, and the install files are on the dead PC. How can I get a fresh copy without having to pay for it a second time? Running Win 10 ver 20H2 172377
  4. MFSF2020 - How can I re-download the the programm?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MFSF2020 - How can I re-download the the programm?: I purchased and downloaded the deluxe verson order 9593556923 . This the would not display and ended on numerous occasions crash my computer. How can I re-download the the programme. My account wont allow me to doso....
  5. re-install previous version of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    re-install previous version of Windows 10: If I use a Windows 10 iso file to restore a previous release, will I lose my applications and files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/re-install-previous-version-of-windows-10/bd48d001-8ddc-41bc-b01f-146e3718e8cd
  6. Anyway to restore previous version without restore point ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Anyway to restore previous version without restore point ?: I’m trying to restore a previous version of a folder. The problem is i have no restore point that will let me go back to the point I want to go. Is there anyway I can go back to the day I want to without ?. submitted by /u/NASCAR142002 [link] [comments]...
  7. install programmes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    install programmes: I cannot install programmes. The machine seems to be a network pc. What can I do ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/install-programmes/24fce156-dc3f-43ae-b733-2d126899e153
  8. Swap mobo without re-install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Swap mobo without re-install: I recently, I had a 2600K pc die on me and I swapped out the innards (motherboard, cpu and RAM) from a 4770K box without re-installing Windows 10 and all my software. I'd read here that it was possible, and was surprised how easy it was. I just got a message about getting...
  9. Restore my programmes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Restore my programmes: For some reson all my saved stuff such as yahoo fb twitter has all disappeared off my google chrome button, how can I reset to an earlier date to see if they come back on windows 10 on my laptop...
  10. Re-enable Restore Previous Version?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Re-enable Restore Previous Version?: In windows 10 Home, is it possible to reenable the "Restore Previous Version" function that came with Windows 7, or is there any software that I can but that does the same thing? This would be in addition to my regular backup routine, rather than instead of it. 85004