Windows 10: Restoring Program Files folder

Discus and support Restoring Program Files folder in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, So if i were to uninstall a program via add or remove programs and then deleted the application folder that windows 10 leaves behind after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Karanza725, Apr 14, 2019.

1. Restoring Program Files folder

Hello,

So if i were to uninstall a program via add or remove programs and then deleted the application folder that windows 10 leaves behind after uninstalling the application in the program files or the program files (x86) folder, would system restore revert those changes as in restore that folder that was originally in, in other words would i have to delete that same folder again which was previously deleted after performing the restore? Your help will be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!

:)

Karanza725, Apr 14, 2019
  2. dark2099 Win User

Generating a .txt based file list in Windows 7

I want to be able to generate a .txt file that lists all the files and folders in a specific folder on my PC, but don't know the name of any programs that do that. Searched on google a bit and came up with this guide, but it's for XP and I can't seem to find some of the folder options to modify the .bat file. Any suggestions? Thanks

http://www.theeldergeek.com/file_list_generator.htm

EDIT: The .bat file will do what I want if it is in the folder I want to do it in, but the option I want to add is having the right click option that it shows.

dark2099, Apr 14, 2019
  3. Restore the default option of "File is open in another program" message

Hi Mohammad,

We appreciate the details you shared. About your query in restoring the default option "File is open in another program" message, this is most likely to happen due to a certain setting previously disabled on your Folder View options. To rectify your issue,
    follow these steps:

• Using Windows Search, type File Explorer Options.
    • Select File Explorer Options.
    • Under the View tab, click Restore Defaults.
    • Click Apply.
    • Hit OK.

This will allow you to revert to the settings previously applied to your files and folders. Afterwards, restart your device and check if you will see this message prompt when opening files in another program.

Let us know if further assistance is needed.

Dhavelyn Mer, Apr 14, 2019
  4. sumasage Win User

Restoring Program Files folder

Free hard drive backup/restore program?

I am looking for a free (freeware) program that will back up and restore a hard drive. I'm looking to clone a few external hard drives. If the program will backup the used space instead of the whole drive this will be awesome! Thanks for any suggestions.

sumasage, Apr 14, 2019
Thema:

Restoring Program Files folder

1. Restoring Program Files folder - Similar Threads - Restoring Program Files

2. How to restore the microsoft folder from the program files 86

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to restore the microsoft folder from the program files 86: i tried to get rid of the microsoft edge and deleted the whole folder but then i tried getting it back and the files came back srcammbled and im scared i messed something up help...
  3. How to restore the microsoft folder from the program files 86

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to restore the microsoft folder from the program files 86: i tried to get rid of the microsoft edge and deleted the whole folder but then i tried getting it back and the files came back srcammbled and im scared i messed something up help...
  4. How to restore the microsoft folder from the program files 86

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Restore control of Program Files folder on D drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Restore control of Program Files folder on D drive: Hello,I recently installed the Minecraft launcher and specified that minecraft should be installed on my D:\ drive. On my D:\ drive, I had previously created a folder named "Program Files", and all of my programs are installed there. My understanding is that when a UWP app is...
  6. Restore control of Program Files folder on D drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restore control of Program Files folder on D drive: Hello,I recently installed the Minecraft launcher and specified that minecraft should be installed on my D:\ drive. On my D:\ drive, I had previously created a folder named "Program Files", and all of my programs are installed there. My understanding is that when a UWP app is...
  7. Restore control of Program Files folder on D drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Program Files Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Program Files Folder: Is there any possible way to Transfer all the files from the Program Files/x86 Folder to "Program Files". . . I know what the difference is, but I was wondering if I could have ONE Program Files Folder. 159564
  9. program file folders

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    program file folders: how do I access program file folders? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/program-file-folders/679d72e1-3c91-47fe-af67-036d66f42880
  10. Restore recent files for programs

in Windows 10 Support
    Restore recent files for programs: I dunno what I did to disable it but I tried restoring recent folders,ect but it never re enabled the recent list for each program in their context menu on the task bar. Is there an easy registry file thing available to re enable it? Running creators update thats fully up to...