Windows 10: Restoring Programs

Discus and support Restoring Programs in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I got a partition drive error that told me to restore the computer. it restored it to Windows 7. Against all odds I was able to download and reinstall... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RichardWard7, Jan 26, 2020.

1. Restoring Programs

I got a partition drive error that told me to restore the computer. it restored it to Windows 7. Against all odds I was able to download and reinstall Windows 10.

I backed up all of my programs on another drive before the recovery process. The question - How do I get them to reinstall. I can find all of my programs, some in Programs and some in x86 Programs, but not one has anything that says "Installer," and when I try to just open the program the computer asks me for an app.

How do I restore my programs, including Microsoft Office?

:)

RichardWard7, Jan 26, 2020
  2. sumasage Win User

Free hard drive backup/restore program?

I am looking for a free (freeware) program that will back up and restore a hard drive. I'm looking to clone a few external hard drives. If the program will backup the used space instead of the whole drive this will be awesome! Thanks for any suggestions.

sumasage, Jan 26, 2020
  3. Free hard drive backup/restore program?

Obviously you're looking for something besides your Xp Pro utility that does this?

thoughtdisorder, Jan 26, 2020
  4. Restoring Programs

Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Jan 26, 2020
Thema:

Restoring Programs

1. Restoring Programs - Similar Threads - Restoring Programs

2. Cut and paste program files from C to D drive. Things went haywire. Did a system restore,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cut and paste program files from C to D drive. Things went haywire. Did a system restore,...: Hi,My son ran out of space on his computer so he cut and paste all of his files from C drive to D drive. Things starting being wonky. He realized his error. We researched a solution and so he did a complete system restore, deleting all of his personal files. After the...
  3. Cut and paste program files from C to D drive. Things went haywire. Did a system restore,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cut and paste program files from C to D drive. Things went haywire. Did a system restore,...: Hi,My son ran out of space on his computer so he cut and paste all of his files from C drive to D drive. Things starting being wonky. He realized his error. We researched a solution and so he did a complete system restore, deleting all of his personal files. After the...
  4. How to restore the microsoft folder from the program files 86

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to restore the microsoft folder from the program files 86: i tried to get rid of the microsoft edge and deleted the whole folder but then i tried getting it back and the files came back srcammbled and im scared i messed something up help...
  5. How to restore the microsoft folder from the program files 86

How to restore the microsoft folder from the program files 86: i tried to get rid of the microsoft edge and deleted the whole folder but then i tried getting it back and the files came back srcammbled and im scared i messed something up help...
  6. How to restore the microsoft folder from the program files 86

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Restore control of Program Files folder on D drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Restore control of Program Files folder on D drive: Hello,I recently installed the Minecraft launcher and specified that minecraft should be installed on my D:\ drive. On my D:\ drive, I had previously created a folder named "Program Files", and all of my programs are installed there. My understanding is that when a UWP app is...
  8. Restore control of Program Files folder on D drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restore control of Program Files folder on D drive: Hello,I recently installed the Minecraft launcher and specified that minecraft should be installed on my D:\ drive. On my D:\ drive, I had previously created a folder named "Program Files", and all of my programs are installed there. My understanding is that when a UWP app is...
  9. Restore control of Program Files folder on D drive

10. Restore only ONE program from backup

Restore only ONE program from backup: Is this possible through MS backup?I found the backup and see the program in there.or is/are there other programs that will do this?thank, you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-only-one-program-from-backup/c4a93cd0-cbda-4e06-a6a2-93d19ab6a76f